Petit gateau and an apology

Sugar Cookies...for my favorite hyung
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook slowly made his way to the hospital’s room where Yoongi was. He was feeling anxious knowing he was going to face him after almost killing him.

 

When he reached the door he inhaled sharply and knocked twice. He heard a soft “Come in” and he entered the room. There he was, the almighty Yoongi, sitting on a hospital bed, looking paler than ever.

 

“Hey…” Yoongi said softly.

 

“Hey…” Jungkook replied while avoiding looking in the other’s eyes. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t know you were allergic to peanuts. I swear, if I did…I would’ve never make you eat it. I’m really sorry. Please forgive me.” Jungkook spilled out as he cried and went straight to Yoongi to hug him tight.

 

“Jungkook…look at me.” Yoongi said as he took his hands to the maknae’s face and forced him to look into his eyes. “It wasn’t your fault. Please, don’t blame yourself.” He continued as he looked at Jungkook tenderly.

 

“But I….I …”

 

Yoongi cut him off with his index finger on the maknae’s lips.

 

“I didn’t know I was allergic either…” He said and Jungkook looked at him, puzzled. “I clearly remember hearing my mom saying I was forbidden to eat peanuts when I was little but she never explained me why…And I never asked either…It’s not your fault, really. I’m sorry we had to find out this way…I’m sorry for worrying you.” Yoongi continued as he slowly hugged Jungkook and let the boy cry.

 

“I’m really sorry…” Jungkook insisted as Yoongi patted his back lightly.

 

“It’s ok…”

 

 

 

**

 

After being discharged and going back to the dorm, Yoongi spend the first day on his bed. There wasn’t much he was willing to do either, so the other boys let him rest.

 

Jungkook, still overwhelmed by guilt, wanted to do something for Yoongi but didn’t have the guts to do so, especially if it involved feeding him.

 

“Jungkook?” Jin called.

 

“Yes, hyung?”

 

“Can you take this plate to Yoongi?” Jin asked and Jungkook hesitated.

 

"What is it, Jungkook?" Jin asked as he eyed the younger.

 

"It's better if you take it yourself..."

 

"Jungkook...it wasn't your fault. And I assure you this sandwich doesn't have any peanut on it. Yoongi eats those sanwiches all the time, don't worry." Jin assured him and Jungkook nodded as he took the plate with him.

 

He slowly made his way to Yoongi’s room and knocked lightly. No answer.

 

He opened the door carefully and saw Yoongi asleep.

 

He put the plate on the night stand and gently shook Yoongi’s shoulder.

 

“Hyung…” he said softly as Yoongi stirred.

 

“What…”

 

“Jin made you this sandwich and wants you to eat it.”

 

“I don’t want to eat anything right now…Leave it there, I’ll eat later.”

 

“But…”

 

Yoongi hushed him and told him to leave so he could get some more sleep and the maknae did as he was told.

 

When he went back to the kitchen, Jin was still there.

 

“Ah, you’re back. Did he eat it?”

 

“No. He said he doesn’t feel hungry right now…that he will eat later…”

 

“Ok…” Jin replied as he looked back at Jungkook. “Kookie…you know it’s not your fault, right? It could’ve happened to anyone…”

 

“I know…” Jungkook replied as he stared at the floor, fighting to hold his tears back.

 

Jin gently patted his back and left him alone in the kitchen. After few minutes, he went to the studio and seated on Yoongi’s chair as he read the lyrics he composed along with Yoongi.

 

He totally los

Please log in to read the full chapter