A cookie for my sins...

Sugar Cookies...for my favorite hyung
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook screwed up big time. He knew Yoongi would kill him for what he did.

 

The maknae sit down on the couch as he looked around nervously hoping no one would arrive to the dorm now. He was alone today, in charge of cleaning the dorm because he lost a bet with his hyungs.

 

He hated loosing, yes. But he also hated making mistakes. He made a big one today…

 

 

(FLASHBACK)

After cleaning the bedrooms, he cleaned the kitchen and the two bath rooms. Everything was spotless. Golden Maknae worthy.

Once he had his hands on cleaning products he decided it would be nice to clean the studio too, despite not being told to do it. So he did.

When he got inside, he saw the usual mess: paper sheets all over the place. Pieces of crumpled paper on the floor, possibly with some lyrics Namjoon or Yoongi tried to write and decided it wasn’t good enough.

He picked the crumpled pieces of paper off the floor and put in on the trash bag he brought with him. As he re-arranged the paper sheets on the table by handwriting he managed to organize two different piles of paper sheets: one with Yoongi’s lyrics, the other with Namjoon’s lyrics. While cleaning the dust on the table and placing Yoongi’s pile of sheets on the left side of the table he accidentally hit the unfinished can of Coca-Cola Yoongi had forgotten earlier which ended up spilling all over Yoongi’s papers. It was a mess.

“Oh, !!” Jungkook cursed as he tried to grab a cloth to dry the mess. Unfortunately, Yoongi’s papers were beyond salvation as the spilled drink smudged the ink on the papers.

Yoongi-hyung is going to kill me! What if the lyrics in here were good enough for the next album? Oh my God! He will never forgive me!! He thought as he looked around him in despair.

 It’s beyond repair…What can I do? He thought as he examined the soaked papers.

There was no way he would be able to decode Yoongi’s smudged handwriting.

Ok…breath Jungkook! Think!!

 

(FLASHBACK END)

 

 

Which brings us to this moment where Jungkook is still sitting on the couch thinking about how to break the news to Yoongi when he arrives home.

 

I will tell him the truth, obviously. If he yells at me I’ll say it was his fault to leave an unfinished can of Coca-Cola on the table. Anyone could’ve made that…right? No, Jungkook. He will kill you anyway…Think!!

 

Ah, I know! I could go back to the studio and mess everything up again, then lock one of our dogs inside and voilà! When they get back it will look like the dogs did it and I’m safe! Jungkook giggled to this mischievous thought as he looked at Mickey staring at him from the window. The dog looked back oblivious to the boy’s thoughts.

 

No…I can’t do that to the dogs…What if Yoongi kills them? He thought as he stared back at Mickey, who was now trying to eat one of Hoseok’s sandals. His thoughts were interrupted by someone arriving.

 

Please, not Yoongi!!

 

To his relief, Jin was the one who arrived.

 

“Hyung!!!”

 

“Oh, Jungkook? Have you finished cleaning?” Jin asked as he put his groceries bags on the table.

 

“Yes…”

 

“Very well. You should go play some games or something. I have dinner to prepare, unless you want to help me with that…” Jin said assured that Jungkook would never offer to help cooking. He hated cooking.

 

Jungkook thought for few seconds and then something clicked inside his brain and his eyes sparkled.

 

“Yes! I want to help! Actually I was thinking about baking some sugar cookies for dessert…” he said as he noticed Jin looking at him suspiciously.

 

“What have you done?” Jin asked plainly as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. There was no way Jungkook would want to bake without a reason.

 

“Wh…What? I did nothing…” he answered as he looked away.

 

“Oh, yes you did. Who’s the victim this time?” the older boy asked.

 

Jungkook inhaled and closed his eyes as he spilled his confession.

 

“Iaciddentalyspilledadrinkonyoongislyricsandhesgoingtokillme!! There, I said it.”

 

“Wait…what?”

 

“I said I accidentaly spilled a drink on Yoongi’s lyrics…”

 

“You cleaned the studio?”

 

“Yes…”

 

“That’s forbidden territory, Jungkook. You shouldn’t have done that…”

 

“I know…”

 

“Is it that damaged?”

 

Jungkook nodded and took Jin to the studio where he handed the smudged pieces of paper to the older.

 

“It’s beyond repair…” Jin acknowledged. “Let’s get the ingredients for the cookies…that’s the only thing that will calm down Yoongi…”

 

“I know…” Jungkook answered with a smirk on his face.

 

“Wipe that smirk off your face, will you? You’re the one who’s going to bake them. I’m only giving you the recipe.” Jin said as they headed back to the kitchen.

 

“What? Hyung…you know I can’t cook or bake. I’ll ruin the cookies!!”

 

“Not my problem.”

 

 

**

 

While Jin prepared dinner, Jungkook stared at the recipe Jin had given him on his ipad.

 

“Hyung…how

Please log in to read the full chapter