Peanut cake, the recipe for disaster

Sugar Cookies...for my favorite hyung
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook woke up to some noise coming from Yoongi and Jin’s room and he went to check out what was going on.

 

“Hyung, what’s happening?” Jungkook asked as he yawned and wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

 

“Oh, Jungkook. I’m going to clean the bedroom. There’s so many stuff in here we can barely walk through it without hurting ourselves.” Jin explained as he kneeled on the floor and took boxes from under his bed.

 

“How about Yoongi-hyung? Isn’t he going to help you?” the maknae asked.

 

“He’s on the studio composing songs, he’ll clean his side of the room later…” Jin replied.

 

“Oh…ok…” Jungkook answered and left the room. As he walked back to his own room, he had an idea.

 

If I clean Yoongi-hyung room I can show him how good I can be at cleaning, right? He will be happy and will probably forget about the spilled drink incident…he thought as he smiled to himself.

 

And that’s how he decided he was going to clean Yoongi’s room.

 

 

 

**

 

After changing clothes and taking breakfast, Jungkook joined Jin on room cleaning.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jin asked

 

“I’m going to clean Yoongi-hyung’s side of the room…” Jungkook replied and Jin stared at him in disbelief.

 

“Did he force you to do that? I thought the butler thing was over…”

 

“It is over. I just want to prove him something, that’s all.” Jungkook justified himself.

 

“Ok… Then take those boxes out from under Yoongi’s bed and clean the dust on them. Yoongi hates when people look through his belongings so I suggest you just clean, organize and put everything back. If anything goes missing…I don’t want to be around when he finds out.” Jin warned and Jungkook nodded.

 

The maknae kneeled on the floor and took four different boxes from under Yoongi’s bed. As he wiped the dust from them he was taken by curiosity so he opened the first box. There were lots of old books, some of them with Yoongi’s handwriting all over.

 

Wow…those must be Yoongi’s early lyrics. He thought as he looked through the old pages. The second book he grabbed didn’t have any lyrics, instead it had cooking recipes. The first page said Min’s family recipe book and Jungkook couldn’t help but chuckle. Yoongi had a recipe book and never shared the recipes with anyone.

 

Maybe that awesome carrot cake he baked two months ago is in here. He said he would take the recipe to his grave, I’m glad I found this book. He giggles to the thought.

 

As he went through the pages his attention got caught on a peculiar recipe: Peanut cake.

 

Jungkook felt his mouth water to the thought of eating a cake with peanuts on it and he got another idea: I can clean hyung’s room and then bake one of his family’s recipes, the peanut cake. After that it will be proven that I am a golden butler and he will have no other choice but to admit it.

 

And he did as he thought. After cleaning the room, Jungkook made a list of all the ingredients he was going to need and made his way to the convenience store where he bought them.

 

 

He mixed the ingredients carefully and patiently waited for the oven to do the rest of the job. After one hour and half waiting, the cake was finally ready. He sliced a piece of it and made hot tea. Put it on a tray and took it carefully to the studio, where Yoongi had been locked the whole day.

 

“Hyung…” Jungkook called as he slowly closed the door behind him with his foot.

 

“Yes?” Yoongi replied without tearing his eyes away from the computer. He was way too busy mixing some sounds he didn’t notice the other put a tray next to him until he felt the smell of red fruits tea.

 

“What the..? Jungkook, I told you your time as my butler was over. You can stop now.” Yoongi said as he looked at the tray and then at Jungkook.

 

“I know, but I wanted to prove you I can also be a golden butler if I try hard enough.”

 

Yoongi laughed at Jungkook and shook his head.

 

“Ah, so stubborn…Thank you anyway.” He said as he gesticulated for Jungkook to leave him alone.

 

“The cake is freshly baked. You

Please log in to read the full chapter