Chapter 5

At Midnight

I look around to them while eating breakfast, it's been a week after on what happened. There are still wound on them. Fortunately, they did not get mad at me for a long time but they told me to be more careful and do not do it again. After on what happened last week, I was able to sleep this past week and I can't hear noises thanks to the earphones that Baekhyun gave me. But things changed, Chanyeol disappeared after on what happened last week and still did not return. They are getting worried and keep searching for him but they told me not to search for him because something might happen to me. 

"What his father said when you told him about it?" I look up and saw Kris talking to Suho.

"He sent some people to search for him, and..." Suho looks on me and continue.

"he told me that we should be careful and protect each other especially Dara,"

"He got more powerful than before, he managed to hurt us badly," Baekhyun said.

"That's why he told us to protect her because we never know what they are planning since Chanyeol is getting more powerful than before," Suho said.

"Wait, what do you mean he got more powerful?" I said. They all look at each other and sigh.

"You might get scared if we tell you," Tao said.

"go on and tell me, I am ready since I am already here,"

"Do you know, why we always tell you not to be home at midnight and always close your door?" Chen asked and I just look at him.

"Because we are afraid that he might hurt you," Xiumin said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You already know much, there is a time for you to know the others, but for now if you ever saw Chanyeol, don't ever look and don't go near at him because we never know his condition for now," Sehun said.

"I understand."

***

It is already 10:30 pm and I am still walking to our house from my work. As I am walking, I can feel that someone is following me and when I look back there is no one. I walked faster until I can already see our house but I can still that someone is following me from behind. I stopped when I notice some shadows behind. I began to shake in fear. I started to walk again but this time, I almost run to our house. But again I stopped when I notice a figure in front of me but a bit far away. I tried to look who is that but I can't see as it is dark. As I got nearer, I can slowly see and I began to run to our house and I can feel that he is running too.

As I reach the house, I began banging the door and start screaming. I can already feel that he is getting nearer. Fortunately, someone opened the door.

"Luhan!" I said and hugged him.

"W-What's the matter?" He said as I know that he can feel that I am shaking.

The other boys started to come and keep asking what's wrong. I pointed slowly and shakily on the open door. 

"What's wrong Dara?" Kyungsoo said.

I look at the door and saw no one.

"I-I s-saw h-him t-there," I said as I continue to point out on the door.

The boys started to run outside and began searching.

"What happened Dara? Why are you so scared?" Luhan said worriedly. 

"C-Chanyeol was d-different. H-his eyes a-are red and h-he l-look s-scary,"

Luhan looked at me with his eyes wide open.

"Did you look at him?!"

"At f-first because I-I can't see but when I clearly saw him looking at me, I started running,"

"We could not find him," We look at the door and saw Lay breathing hard.

"Something is strange. Just like on what Dara said to me," Luhan said.

"Why?" Suho said and Luhan started telling them what I said earlier to Luhan.

"What they had done to him!!" Kris said furiously. 

"The experiment that they did to him when we were young, this is it right?" Baekhyun said.

"Why now?!" Chen said.

"Dara from now on, you can't go anywhere without someone with you and we need to make sure that your windows and door are locked properly," Suho said.

The boys checked my room and use some locks to make sure my safety. 

"You need to bear with this, this is for your safety and I believe that even if you move to a different house, you won't be safe anymore. They might know you now and they might use you for bad things," Xiumin said.

"We did not know what happened to Chanyeol, but he might hurt you that's why you can't be alone," Kris said.

I just nodded and they left after they put some locks. I put my earphones and started to sleep. I woke up after I felt that someone is sitting on my bed. I slowly opened my eyes and look up.

My eyes widened and started screaming but he put cover my mouth with his hand.

"Don't scream! I am normal now,"

He let go of his hand from my mouth and I sit up.

"H-how will I know that?"

"They controlled me last week but I managed to fight them. That's why I decided to not show up because they still continued to control me but now, I am alright they could not control me anymore for now,"

for now

"B-But when I-I saw you, Y-your eyes are r-red,"

He look at me and sigh.

"That's because of their experiment, my eyes are turning different but I can be sure that I am no longer that before,"

"What experiment and who are they?"

"This is not the right time for you, but for now, you can't walk alone outside because they already know you, and I know that they are planning something."

"But don't worry, I will protect you," He added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Don't forget to Comment, Upvote, Subscribe!

Thanks, Everyone!!