Chapter 14

At Midnight

Chanyeol is leading the boys and the members of their clan towards the Nam Family's hideout. The forest is located in the most southern part of the country with barely people lives in. They can tell that it is a rainforest as centuries-old trees with sprawling limbs guarded the darkness, blotting out any sunlight. With little sunlight guiding them, the group walk carefully and pay attention to any danger that may come in. After a while, the group halted when they saw a couple of houses and buildings on a valley. They walked until they were all a cliff, revealing a valley with wooden houses and buildings. 

"So, this is where they are hiding?" A member of the group said.

"This is unbelievable. This is the reason why we can't find them because they are hiding in the middle of a rainforest." Another member said.

"Remember, think of this as our last chance to fight them. We need to finish this now or worse may happen." The leader of the clan spoke and look at everyone.

"Let's get going then," Chanyeol said and lead the group. 

They remained very attentive and careful while approaching the hideout. As they are getting near, they stopped and look at each other. Suddenly, a group of people surrounded them. 

*** 

Dara woke up by noise inside her room. She was about to open her eyes when she heard people talking beside her. She began to eavesdrops.

"How come they still let her live? They should have killed her instead of letting her live," A woman voice said. 

"I know right. She is a big threat to us," 

"But, is it really true that this girl can turn us into a human?"

"I heard It caused a big ruckus when they found out about that. They were supposed to turn her to like us but they found out that her body is full of antibodies. That's why the experimentalists want to kill her immediately but, Dongwoo did not allow it."

"Maybe, Dongwoo decided to let her live because he wants to return to a human."

"Then he is a betrayer! We should tell this to everyone!"

"Hush! Keep it down. We might get killed if someone heard you! Can you finish that faster, so we can get out of here now!"

"Alright" 

When Dara heard the door closed, she slowly opened her eyes and look on the IV that is inserted to her. 

So, this is what Dongwoo was supposed to tell me. But wait! Antibodies? Then, I can save Chanyeol! I need to get out of here!

Dara used all her strength to untie the rope but, unsuccessful. She continues to try until the door slammed open revealing,

"Chanyeol!!" 

Chanyeol runs towards her began untying the rope.

"H-How did you get here?" Dara asked.

"I need to get you out of here immediately," Chanyeol said while still untying the rope hurriedly.

"W-wha--"

"There's a war going on right now! Our clan is attacking the Nam Family. That's why I have to get you out of here!" Chanyeol said and was about to carry Dara when Dongwoo appeared on the doorway.

"Well, well, well. Look who's here." Dongwoo said and smirked.

Chanyeol hides Dara behind him. Chanyeol advanced towards Dongwoo and began attacking each other. The fight last longer as they both fight with all their might. When Chanyeol realized that Dongwoo is no longer fighting back, he stopped and went to Dara, who's facing backward and covering her ears.

"Dara, let's go" 

Dara looks at Chanyeol and gasps when she saw how mess he is. 

"A-Are you alright? There's so much blood!" Dara said while trembling. Chanyeol saw how scared Dara is, so he hugs her. He was about to take her out of the room when Dongwoo suddenly laugh.

"D-Do you think *cough* you can get away *cough* y-you won't be able to survive.."

"Ignore him. Let's go." Chanyeol said and holds Dara's wrist. But Dongwoo laughs again.

"A-are you that dense? I-I can't believe that someone like you can act tough but in fact, you are really weak. I don't get how people get easily scared of your words." Dongwoo said and sits up.

"d-do you think you will be safe when you got out of here? A-aren't you wondering how did we knew that you are coming here?" Dongwoo continued. Chanyeol was about to punch him again but he stops when Dongwoo talks again.

"H-how can you act like you won the battle when you don't know that someone is backstabbing you and your group?"

 Chanyeol and Dara look at him in confusion. Chanyeol wants to kill Dongwoo but deep inside, he wants to know what Dongwoo is talking about.

"Stop blabbering nonsense if you don't want me to finish you," Chanyeol said, but Dongwoo ignores his threat and continued.

"Y-you must really have no idea. I can't believe how slow you are. You must really love your family--" Dongwoo wasn't able to finish his sentence when Chanyeol punches Dongwoo repeatedly.

"Shut up! You are just trying to manipulate me because you know your family already lose!" 

"Then what's with your expression? Aren't you curious?" Dongwoo said and smirked.

"SHUT UP! We are not like you!!"

"Oh please. I know that you want to know so you can kill that traitor in instant, am I right?"

Chanyeol did not give Dongwoo to speak again as Chanyeol beat him to the pulp. 

"I-I bet Luhan already killed your entire clan," Dongwoo said before Chanyeol can punch him again. Chanyeol looks at Dongwoo.

"What?"

"You did not expect that right? Dongwoo said and laugh loudly.

"That's not true! Why would I even believe someone like you?" 

"I feel bad for you. You trusted Luhan and treats him like a brother when all he does is betraying you--"

Chanyeol punch Dongwoo again and said, "I will fking kill you right now! You don't deserve to live!!" Chanyeol repeatedly beats him until Dongwoo loses consciousness. 

Chanyeol stands up and looks behind but he did not see Dara. 

"You are looking for her right?" Chanyeol looks at the door and saw a man pointing a knife at Dara's neck.

"Luhan"

***

Please don't forget to Comment, Upvote, and Subscribe!! 

Thank you, Everyone!