Chapter 11

At Midnight

A heavy silence fell upon the room as I entered the room. Lay and Kyungsoo naturally took their seat, leaving me standing there awkwardly. All the boys are staring at each other which made me feel more uneasy.

"Dara, why don't you take a sit?" I shivered at the cold voice of Baekhyun. I swiftly took my seat beside Sehun who did not dare to look at me but continue to stare to his front, Tao. 

"Since we are all here, I guess that this is the time for some clarifications," Suho said and look at me. I could hear the boys' heavy sighs. 

"First of all, I would like to say sorry to you Dara, for the inconvenience, you are not suppose to get involve here, but somehow things got tangled up on this situation." Suho continued.

"Don't be sorry Suho, it's no one fault--" I said but got cut up by Luhan.

"It's because you don't understand the situation." 

"Luha---"

"If you did not live here in the first place, this will never get worse! I knew it from your very first day in the house, you will only cause problems!"

"Luhan stop! This is not the right time to argue! What happened is done!" Kris said and Luhan keeps quiet. 

"Dara we figured out that someone might planned your stay here in our house. That's why I will ask you about who told you that you can stay at our house?" Suho asked.

"It was my neighbor. She recommended your house and said that I will have a lot of housemates," I said

"Dara, We are very sorry," Suho said.

"For what?" I asked

Suho sigh and said, "Dara, from the very start, we are not looking for a housemate, and we are not renting one of our rooms here."

"W-What?"

"That's why we were very surprised when our relatives asked us on why we are allowing a stranger to live in our house because someone told our relatives that we are looking for someone to rent one of our rooms here," Tao said.

"So you mean you guys are not really renting your place? I-I was tricked? Then how come you guys knew my name even before I introduced myself?" 

"Someone mailed us a document containing your basic information, which we did not know where it came from, " Kyungsoo said

I keep quiet for a long time because I don't know how to react. I have a lot of questions in mind. I don't know what is really happening.

"But why Ji Hyo would do this to me?" I wondered.

"What? Ji Hyo? You mean, Song Ji Hyo?" Chanyeol asked for clarification.

"Yes, her. Do you know her?" I asked. The guys look at Chanyeol as they look confused and clueless.

"Song Jihyo. She is one of the scientists who turned me into a monster." I look up and saw Chanyeol leaning on a wall with his red eyes.

"WHAT?!" The guys yelled in unison.

"Chanyeol, what are you talking about?" Kris asked.

"As I said, she was one of the scientists. I will never forget her name because she was the only person there who look like was forced to be there. I thought she will help me but I was wrong. That's why I became a monster, because of those scientists."

"M-monster," I asked.

"Chanyeol!" Suho yelled.

"It's alright Suho. She needs to know everything right?" Chanyeol said. All the guys look at him and sigh but he ignores them and continues his talk.

"Our family is not what you think Dara. We are all monsters. We kill and experiment with humans. Why? Because we want to become powerful. We want to be different from others. We want people to fear us ---" 

"What the hell are you saying Chanyeol!" Kris angrily asked him but Chanyeol just ignored him and continue again.

"Because of the greed of our clan, everything changed. We fight for powers. Until one of the family started to act differently but we ignored them. The Nam Family. Not realizing they already made a very inexplicable thing. Since most of their family members are scientists, they started to experiment unbelievable things. We thought they are just crazy. But the truth is They are Crazy. They experiment humans thinking they could create a power on them. We thought that it is impossible and tried to talk to them to stop their craziness. But they did not stop until one day they invaded the clan's reunion party. They keep saying these unbelievable things. They said that they already succeeded and want all the families in our clan to worship them. They said they already have the most powerful thing. But we did not believe it. Until they showed it in our eyes. Their eyes became different. Their body forms became different as well. They started to attack us. But the thing is, they easily dodged our attacks and they easily throw people in different places and ....... They easily killed many family members. As well as my sister. They killed her! They experimented her to become like them. But it did not work and let her die in pain!" Chanyeol yelled while breathing heavily. 

"Chanyeol stop!" Baekhyun said while putting his hand on Chanyeol shoulder but he just brushed it off and look at me.

"That's why. That's why I became like them! Because of greed. The greed that my family wants. My family gave me to them in order to disclose a deal between both of them. My dad thought that if we became like them, we will no longer be weak. We will have the world on our palm. We will also be fear by others." 

Chanyeol stop for a minute. I could see his tears but we remained silent. I don't have a word to give to him because I am so shocked. A lot of emotions are now drowning into me. I can't even comfort him because I can't even lift my arm. I - I am overwhelmed. 

"My dad let them experiment me. He did not even care if I get killed like what happened to my sister. Because he was blinded by powers. He did not even look at me while I was being taken away from my family. If it not because of my mom, I will be a lost child. Or I might turn into a real monster. If my mom did not leave my dad, If she did not look desperately for me, and if my mom did not fight with them, my dad will be forever blinded by powers. He will not realize what he had done." Chanyeol said and smiled bitterly. 

We all stared at Chanyeol for a while. We did not even bother to talk to each other because we are busy staring at Chanyeol. I want to comfort him so badly but I don't know how. 

"That's why after what happened, our parents decided that we all should live in one house here in the city because we know that the Nam family will not think of us living here in City since we have Chanyeol. They might think that we will be living in a rural area." Suho explained.

"Our clan forgave Chanyeol's dad because we learned that the Nam family just persuade or more like tried to hypnotize him. That's why his dad is now very protected to Chanyeol because he doesn't want to repeat his mistake. He was the one who risks his life just to take Chanyeol back to him not realizing that they succeed on making Chanyeol be like them." Chen explained more.  

"Our parents decided that all of us will live together to avoid the Nam family because we all know that they will look for Chanyeol and they will surely use him against us. We thought that the Nam family already gave up since we haven't heard about them for 10 years. But we are wrong. They are just looking for timing. We don't know why they have to use you and how did they found us, " Baekhyun said. 

"Ever since you came here, some weird is happening in this house. They managed to control Chanyeol which we don't know how did that happen!" Luhan said while glaring at me.

"Luhan stop. Don't blame her. She is just a victim!" Kai said defensively.

"Who knows! We don't even know Dara! She might even one of the Nam family!" Luhan said while pointing his finger to me.

"Luhan just stop!" Kyungsoo yelled at him. They all went in silent. 

I just stared at them for a very long time. I look like a lifeless person. This story is not what I am expecting. This is just beyond my expectation! I thought it will be just a simple explaining but I am wrong. I don't even know what word to use to explain this unbelievable story. 

But one thing that I need to know is, why me? Why is this happening to me? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is EDITED

After one year I finally updated! I am very sorry to keep you waiting. Ever since I started college, Everything became different. I am always preoccupied by thoughts in school. I hope you some of you will still read this. I am sorry again and thank you, everyone. (Sorry for wrong grammar etc..)

PS: Actually ever since Exo's Monster song came up last year, I had a lot of ideas for this story but I did not have time to update. There are still a lot of explaining to do. So please keep reading. ^_^