Wolf At Heart

Flatters and Flutters || A Review Portfolio [Currently Editing]
Please log in to read the full chapter
FLATTERS & FLUTTERS HOMEPAGE PROFILE STORIES RUBRICS FAQS INFORMATION REGARDING THE STORY STORY TITLE: Wolf at Heart
AUTHOR: nielsen-kpop
CHARACTERS: Jungkook || Subin (OC) || BTS || Others
GENRES: Romance, Fantasy/werewolf-themed
~STORY LINK~
Shop Requested: Reading is Beautiful

DESCRIPTION
  A story about forbidden love between a beta werewolf and a human. Running away from her abusive brother, she seeks into the woods, not knowing about what she's about to meet or experience.  reviewTitle [8/10]
  Although I can comprehend the connection of the title with the plot, I deem that it would be better if it was entitled something else. It didn't really sound that interesting TO ME, but maybe it's because I don't really read much wolfau or it doesn't really have that 'ring' to it. To be honest, I forgot what the title is when I decided to take a break from reading for a while. 
  The good thing about your title though is the fact that it's refreshing since I haven't seen a title like yours before. Sure, there are similar concepts (such as 'Wild at Heart'), but it sounded refreshing enough for me. It's not really that overused and that's pretty much a good thing!


Foreword [8/10]
  I'll be frank with you (as I always do), there are two reasons why I deducted two points here. First, although it isn't mentioned, I also grade the description (since the description and foreword are pretty many soulmates). Your description was really good, you gave me enough and not too much. The problem? There were a lot of misplaced commas and a few awkward phrasings here and there, but we'll talk about that more in the grammar section. 
  Now, the foreword. Although you are free to use the foreword in any way you want, do consider your readers as well. Think of yourself as a reader. The foreword was a bit messy with the pictures here and there, and that pretty much bored me because I like it when physical appearances are described in the story. I don't really mind the character pictures because I do that sometimes as well, but the wolf pictures were better off gone. It would have been better if you can just describe their physical appearances as a wolf (or if you want, you can describe their physical appearances as humans too) in the content of the story since most readers read to develop their imagination. 
  Asiding the pictures, your foreword was done well. You gave us a warning that there might be grammatical errors encountered, and your credits were done neatly. 


Plot [29/35]
  I'm not much of a wolfau reader (since I am into vampires more), but I felt that there was something off with the plot. Your plot was really good, but it didn't really make much difference in the normal plots I encounter. It's like there's this abused girl and then she was stuck living with seven freaking handsome guys with secrets (or superpowers) and then she falls in love with one of them- and pretty soon secrets were let out. Although I do appreaciate the creativity of the plot, I cannot say the same thing for the depth. I found it a bit odd that the five boys had started babying Subin just because she looked what- pitiful? That's not really a good reason. For instance, person A s(who is a very rich person) saw person B (who looked like a beggar). Sure, A would give B money- but not everyone will. If everyone's like that, then the world would have been a better place a long time ago. In reality, there is no such thing as being 'nice' to a stranger although he or she looked pitiful. For all, we know they are murderers in disguise. I didn't really feel the realism in it, even if it was a wolfau, I was still expecting a realistic scene.  
    What you got me into your story was the connection, at first. I had a few issues in my high school years and you didn't know how much I felt related to Subin (even if she wasn't in high school). But then you gave me the reason why Jaesuk attempted to kill her. The letter from their parents was actually touching, and instead of seeing the positive side of the letter (which literally glittered all over it), he saw Subin being their daughter. So what? He was still treated as a son and not like those unfortunate orphans that got treated like sh** in real life. 
  The tags were alright, they weren't nonsense. There was no tag that doesn't have a connection with your story. Kudos for that!
  The story as a whole isn't really that bad. I felt like it could be so much mor
Please log in to read the full chapter