The weak side of him

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Jihyo felt like both Joo-Hyun and Jongkook needed some privacy, she just stayed at the living room while leaving both Joo-Hyun and Jongkook in the kitchen. She doesn’t want to interfere for of them because it’s their problem not hers. She just sat there and made herself busy with her phone and watched the TV by herself.

“Oppa. I have things to tell you.” Joo-Hyun started.

“Keurae. I have things to say as well.” Jongkook replied coldly. That made Joo-Hyun scared a little since it’s the first time that he spoke to her with that tone.

“About what happened yesterday, I’m sorry.” Joo-Hyun said while avoiding Jongkook’s scary gaze.

“Just that? Since when did you go out with that guy?” He asked again with cold tone.

“A few weeks ago.” She said while looking down. Jongkook was agape. That was the time when he struggled the most for her. That was also the time when he tried his best to treat her better and what this is what she did behind him? Okay, the scene yesterday already made him bleed and the wound still hasn’t healed and her confession today is like adding salt onto his bleeding wound. It hurts him. So much.

“Why? Why are you doing that Joo-Hyun ah? Am I not good enough for you? Is my effort seemed to be pointless for you?” Jongkook asked again with this time he already soften his voice.

“Mianhaeyo. I admit it that I was wrong. I shouldn’t have get close to him at the first place..”

“Then why did you get close to him at the first place?”

“Do you really want to know the reason? Because I was currently having a boyfriend but he was never really acted like my boyfriend. You know how much I envied other girls when they were treated by their boyfriend like a queen? This won’t happen if you treated me right on the first place!” Joo-Hyun said in frustrated tone. That’s  a fact that Jongkook never really acted like a good boyfriend on the earlier stage of their relationship. It’s always Joo-Hyun who always make more effort back then.

“Are you blaming me now?” Jongkook asked disbelieve.

“People get tired from making pointless effort oppa! Even now you’re even this close with CEO Song. You’re hiding things from me too right?” She said.

He smirked. “Seo Joo Hyun. At least I realized my mistake towards you and I tried to change! I did struggle to make our relationship better but it’s you who stopped trying.” Jongkook said and pain was so visible from his voice. “CEO Song is my old friend. So what if I’m close with her? It’s not like you don’t have any close friend who is a guy.” Jongkook added.

“I tried! I freaking tried and at least my guy friends never sleep over in my house and vice versa!” She raised her voice.

“Is that so? Probably we are not mean to be each other, Joo-Hyun ah. Maybe we have to go on our separate ways.” He said in the end.

“Okay. If that’s what you want. I’ll accept it. Thanks for being part of my life, Kim Jong Kook-Ssi and I hope things will be good between you and CEO Song okay? Goodbye.” She said and left Jongkook alone in the kitchen. Even when she passed the living room, she just walked away like she saw nobody. She realized that Jihyo was there but she just went out like she saw no one. Jihyo doesn’t want to call her either because it seems like the conversation between the two of them was pretty emotional.

As Joo-Hyun closed the door, Jihyo quickly went to the kitchen to check on Jongkook. Jihyo was a little relieve that Jongkook doesn’t look devastated like yesterday but instead he is serving the dish he made earlier.

“The breakfast is ready. Take a seat.” He said and placing the foods on the table. Jihyo just did so and he finally sat after placing a pitcher of orange juice on the table.

“Eat it and tell me how it tastes.” Jongkook said and managed to give her a smile.

Jihyo nodded. “I’ll eat well.” She said before having her first bite. She cuts the sausage before putting it into . “It’s good.” She said. She silently reminiscing the moment when he was always the one cooked for her back then. Even until now he still cooks for her.

“Good to know.” Jongkook replied. They were both silent while eating their breakfast

“I saw Seo Joo Hyun was going out from your apartment with sad expression.” Jihyo dared to ask.

“Ah that one. Yeah. We’re officially done.” Jongkook replied and sighed.

“Do you really love her?” Jihyo asked again while looking deeply into his eyes.

“I don’t know but I’m trying to and it hurts so much when I know that she was cheating behind my back. The feeling of being betrayed is too much.” Jongkook said and looked down. He looked so frustrated and devastated. He bites his lips hard so that tears won’t come out from his eyes.

Jihyo patted his back slowly. “It’s okay. Just let it al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter