What should he do?

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Since it has been a while since the last time we met, would you like to have a lunch with me?” That was Jongkook’s question that made Jihyo agape. Yes, she really wanted to have a meal with him since the last meal they had together was 4 years ago but then she ought to remember that the man in front of her is not hers anymore. He belongs to someone else. Is it right for her to do so?

“Okay then. It’s my treat because I’ve never had a proper meal with my colleague before. You’re the first.” Jihyo replied and she pointed out the word ‘colleague’ so that it won’t make her feel so bad.

“Keurae. What do you wish to eat?” Jongkook asked. “I bet it must be years ago since the last time you had Korean dish.” He added.

“You’re right. I’m away for too long. Could you recommend me one?” Jihyo asked.

“There’s a new jjajangmyun restaurant in Itaewon. Do you want to try?”

“Sure.” She said and smiled.

Both of them then walked down from the rooftop side by side. The two of them was being starred at other employees but they could careless because probably they know that Jongkook and Jihyo was just going out to discuss things related to the project besides the whole company also know that Jongkook has a girlfriend.

“Where are you going?” Jongkook asked when Jihyo was walking away instead of walking to the parking lot.

“Aren’t we going to the bus stop?” She asked with her blank expression.

“Ya! Even your blankness hasn’t disappeared?” Jongkook laughed. He still finds it amusing when he saw it. Although it has been years.

“Are you asking for your hair to be pulled?” She asked in annoyed tone and glared at him.

“Arasso. Don’t show me your sour face besides we’re not going to take bus okay? Let me give both of us a ride there.” Jongkook said and headed to his car and Jihyo just followed him from behind. She didn’t mean to offend him but probably she’s used to ride bus with him back then already.

What surprised Jihyo more was when they arrived, Jongkook didn’t go to the driver seat directly but opened the passenger seat for Jihyo. He doesn’t know why but it seems like his hands and his whole body was moving by itself to open the door. He himself was also surprised since he never treated his current girlfriend this way but treated his ex-girlfriend this way.

“Gomawo.” Jihyo replied softly and get into his car. Even small things like this made her heart fluttered.

During their way, both of them didn’t talk much and remained silent because they’re both busy with their own thinking. Jihyo was thinking if Jongkook has achieved so much during these years. He could even afford luxury car now and she’s sure that he must be owning a luxury apartment as well. She’s happy for him then.

**

“How are your mother and sister?” Jihyo asked. They arrived in the restaurant around 30 minutes ago and now they’re waiting for their orders to come.

“Both of them are doing fine. Thank God that I have managed to help my mother to upgrade her restaurant and supporting my sister’s tuition.” He replied and made Jihyo surprised as well. He must be working very very hard.

“Ah. Good to know. Where is your sister now?” She asked again.

“She’s currently in Canada studying aerospace engineering.”

“Daebak! I never know that Ah-Ran is into that thing.” Jihyo said in surprise.

“Me too. I never know that she’s into that thing. I was surprised the first time she talked to me about her further studies.” Jongkook replied.

“For some reason, I missed her.”

“She’s currently in Seoul for spring break.”

“Really? It’ll be nice if I could meet her oppa.” Jihyo said in excitement without realizing that she called him ‘oppa’.

“Keep calling me oppa okay? I like it that way.” Jongkook said and made Jihyo blushed.

“Keurae. Jongkook oppa. Happy?” She said and he chuckled right away but then she realized that there’s a question that kept on lingering through her mind. His girlfriend.

“Oppa. Do you mind if I ask you about Joo-Hyun-Ssi?” She asked carefully.

“What’s with her?” Jongkook asked back easily.

“How long have you been dating her?” She asked.

“Around 5 months? We first met at her campus. We met again several times after that and she confessed to me. I didn’t have a heart to reject her and I don’t think that it’s wrong to give a try.” Jongkook replied and just as Jihyo expected. It’s Joo-Hyun who confessed first.

“What about your past ex-girlfriends? Did they confess to you first? In-Sung said that you used to change your girlfriend every 3 months.” Jihyo blabbered what’s in her mind. It’s just hours ago that she met Jongkook again after the incident 4 years ago but then she already felt so comfortable to talk around with him.

“He said so? I’m going to crush that bastard to ashes!” Jongkook groaned in annoyance. Seems things between Jongkook and In-Sung will never be good.

“Why you’re so scary?”

“He knew nothing about the situation but then he’s judging me and spreading rumors about me? Ya. I’m serious with my words. I’m going to crush him into pieces.” Jongkook said in anger.

“Aish! I shouldn’t have said that.” Jihyo regretted.

“What do you mean? You want to keep it as a secret from me and use it as a topic to talk to him?” Jongkook said in annoyance.

“I didn’t mean like that. It’s just..”

“You gossiped about me when you met him?” Jongkook asked and squinted his small eyes. Jihyo stopped answering for a while and thought of what she should answer him. She did asked In-Sung about Jongkook. Is that counted as gossiping?

“I didn’t!” Jihyo defended.

“Aish. Don’t lie! Your words tell it all!” Jongkook replied and ate his jjajangmyun. “You missed me right?” Jongkook added and Jihyo blushed right awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter