It can't be her

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day in a life of Kim Jong Kook might be boring for some people as what people saw, what he did was just work, work and work. Who knows that there were a painful past behind his cold expression? Maybe he used to be a cheerful and charming person but since that incident, for some reason, he felt like it’s hard for him to fall in love with women. It’s hard for him to get close to them because he’s afraid. He’s afraid that the same thing will happen again and he doesn’t want it to happen again. Once is more than enough. He doesn’t want to experience it for the second time, moreover the third.

“Chief Kim, where are you going?” Do Hyun-Soo, his assistant asked. It’s not yet the lunch time but he already managed to leave. He normally doesn’t leave the office early even for the lunch.

“Airport.” He replied shortly and left Hyun-Soo alone with her co-workers. He finds it unnecessary to talk a lot and just replied as less as he can.

For some reason, the airport is always a sad place for him because he has to part with two of the most important person in his life. First, Jihyo and the second his sister, Kim Ah-Ran but today, he’s going to the airport in order to fetch his beloved sister who’s currently studying undergraduate in Ontario, Canada majoring in aerospace engineering. Who knows that her interest is so different for the common girls?

He’s standing in the arrival hall with a hand-made banner written down ‘welcome back beloved sis!’ and decorated in some drawings that he made last night. He waited there for a little while until he heard the plane which was from Ottawa has finally landed safely in the airport. He smiled as he knew, her sister is coming. Feeling a little bored, he took out his phone and scrolled through the latest news. He was still focused on his phone well, until he heard the voice of a woman that he recognizes.

“……..Yeah. I arrived already and I’m in the arrival hall already. Where are you? What?! Yeah, the flight was delayed. Okay then. Don’t worry. I could still remember clearly every single street in Seoul.”

That voice. That familiar voice that came out from the woman who’s currently standing in front of Jongkook with her luggage on her left hand and her phone on her left hand. He’s still freezing in his position thinking if there’s any possibility that it’s her. She was wearing a beanie, a mask and sunglasses and those made him feel so hard to recognize if she’s her or not. He wants to approach her but he’s too afraid how if it’s not her? Wait, he’s not even sure if she wants to meet him. He tried to keep in touch with her but she never once responded to his messages.

Get yourself together, Kim Jong Kook. It’s not here. It can’t be her. She’s not here. Stop your freaking hallucination! He was freezing in his position until the woman pulled her luggage away from his sight. No, she didn’t saw him. He was still starring at her back blankly. It couldn’t be her. He convinced himself.

“Oppa!!” A pair of hands is hugging him from behind.

“You surprised me!” Jongkook said in shocked and turned around. There he found his beloved sister with a backpack on her back and small luggage on her left hand. She’s only here for spring break. So, it’s not so necessary to bring a lot of stuff right.

“Oppa. You made a banner for me but why you’re just holding it like this? You supposed to show it like this.” Ah-Ran complained and showed her brother how she wants her brother to hold the banner.

“Arasso. I will do so the next time you came okay?” Jongkook coaxed.

“Oppa. Let’s go somewhere to eat. I’m hungry.” She said and yawned.

“Don’t you feel jet-lagged?” Jongkook asked.

“I do but I feel hungry more.” Ah-Ran said and smiled innocently to her brother. Jongkook couldn’t help but laugh while looking at his beloved sister who he missed so much.

After going to have a short lunch with Ah-Ran, had a little chats with her and brought her to his mother’s apartment, he went back directly to the office. Yes, he’s currently living away from his mother. He insisted his mother to just live with him in the downtown in Seoul but his mother refused saying that he’s now a grown up man and it’s better for him to live alone. Feeling like his mother’s words were kinda right, he moved out and have his own apartment in Seoul.

**

“Chief Kim, what are you doing?” Hyun-Soo asked.

“It’s for tomorrow presentation.” Jongkook replied.

“Chief Kim, have you heard the latest news?” Again, his assistant Hyun-Soo asked.

“What’s that?” Jongkook asked back shortly but his hands are still busy drawing.

“The new CEO is going to work starting tomorrow. She’s going to attend the shareholder conference tomorrow!” She said in excitement.

“The new CEO is a she?” Jongkook asked again but he’s still concentrating on his works.

“That’s what I heard. She just arrived in Seoul from New York 4 days ago.” Hyun-Soo said again.

“New York?” He asked with his forehead forming a thin line. He smirked whenever he heard about that city, the city where she left to.

 “Yes. She was graduated with master degree in only 4 years. Isn’t she cool?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter