Hands off her!

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kim Jong Kook! One of the office staff called you.” A guy approached Jongkook who’s currently in the outdoor spot, hanging out with Tae-Hyun and Dong-Hoon.

“What happened?” He asked back in confused and the guy just gestured that he doesn’t know. “Arasso. I’ll be there. Thanks for telling.” Jongkook added and the guy just went away like that.

“What have you done, hyung?” Dong-Hoon asked in confuse as well.

“I don’t think that I’ve done anything wrong.” Jongkook replied.

“Ya! Tell us later okay? I gotta go. She’s waiting.” Tae-Hyun said and prepared to leave as he got a date in an hour.

“I’ve class to attend as well. See you, hyung!” Dong-Hoon said his goodbye and Jongkook quickly head to the office as he was instructed to.

He went all the way to the office alone and knocked the door. A woman greeted him and instructed him to go to a room inside the office. “I have to go in there?” Jongkook asked in confuse.

“Yes. Chairman Song is waiting for you.” She replied and left him alone freezing outside the door. He wondered why Jihyo’s father called him and it took around 5 minutes before he managed to knock the door. He opened the door slowly and saw the elder man who’s sitting on his office chair with a tablet on his hand. Seems like he has been waiting for him as well.

“Are you calling for me, sir?” Jongkook asked carefully.

“Yes. Take a seat please.” Chairman Song greeted back in a friendly way and leads both of them to the sofa in his office. At least with him speaking in a little friendly way made Jongkook feels a little relieve.

“May I know why you’re looking for me?” Jongkook asked again.

“Do you want anything to drink?” He asked back.

“It’s okay. I don’t want to bother you, hwijangnim.” Jongkook replied politely.

“How are your studies?” He began asking.

“It’s good. I’m graduating in the end of the year.”

“I see. I heard that you’re accepted as an intern in a property sector company?”

“Yes. I passed the interview smoothly last week and I’ve started working there.” Jongkook replied firmly.

“Does your work cuts the amount of your free time?”

“No, sir. No matter how much of my free time being decrease, I have no problem with it because I have to work hard to achieve my ambition.” Jongkook replied confidently.

“You’re a person with great confidence, Jongkook ah. I think you’re going to make it in the future.” Her father said. He did a little background check on him and found out that he’s such a genius kid with almost perfect score for his CGPA.

“Thank you, sir.” Jongkook smiled as he’s thinking that her father might be approving their relationship already.

“Jongkook ah. Are you serious with your relationship with my daughter? Because you know, she’s my only daughter and she’s the only one I have currently here.”

Without thinking anymore, Jongkook replied Jihyo’s father’s question. “Yes, I’m serious with her. I love her, I want to take of her and I want to make sure that she’s living in happiness.” His strong and bold statement made Jihyo’s father a little surprised.

“Are you sure? I don’t mean to look down on you but I don't think I can trust you with my daughter’s future.” BAM! That sentence just hit him right in his heart like a thunder. He feels like he’s being slammed by hydrochloric acid and some chemical liquids on his face. He remains silent for a while before he can continue replying him.

“Is that because I don’t have as much money as you? Is that because I don’t come from a wealthy family like you? Is that because I don’t own any cars like you? Is that because you’re wealthy and I’m not? Chairman Song, is being poor a sin?” He dared himself to look directly to her father’s eyes and showed him his cold stare.

“I didn’t mean to underestimate you, Jongkook ah. It’s just,” before he can continue his words, Jongkook already interrupt him.

“It’s just you wanting us to break up, isn’t it?” He finally said the point. Jihyo’s father remained silent just then as Jongkook gets what he really meant already.

“I’m so sorry, sir but I can’t do what you’re asking me to do. I promised her that I won’t give up on us. One more thing, I love her not her money. So, don’t worry, I won’t take any advantages from her.” Jongkook added again.

Her father let out a cold laugh. “Are you sure that you won’t give up on both of you? Are you ready to lose what you already own including the career you just started?” Her father asked again.

“Are you threatening me?” He asked back disbelieve.

“No. I just want you to do what I want so that you’ll live peacefully.” Her father replied. Jongkook just can’t t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter