Chapter Three

The girl he loves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“YO, WENDY!” 

Upon hearing her name, the girl immediately her heels as she spotted Wonwoo and Seulgi waving at her with their usual cheery self whenever they were around her.

Both carry a very friendly vibe in them which the Canadian girl totally admired in a friend. 

“Hey guys.” She ran up to them, smiling bashfully. 

“We’re having a barbecue party tonight around 7:30, and I think you should come.” said Seulgi with excitement in her tone. “Scratch that, I want you to come.” 

“Glad to be on the list.” Wendy giggled. “But I don’t know your place.” 

“It’ll be at Vernon’s place.” Wonwoo replied, grinning. “Seulgi’s parents are out of town for three weeks so she’s staying with them.”

“So, are you coming?” 

“Count me in.” 

 

— — 

 

By the time 7:30 came by, Wendy’s wicked stepmother was fortunately already in a deep sleep since she was completely exhausted from work. 

Being a stylish person she was, Wendy didn’t come in time.

She knew it wasn’t a fancy occasion, but she still wanted to wear proper clothes.

She spent almost half an hour rummaging through her wardrobe, and after struggling of finding a proper outfit, she ended up in jeans, a formal white shirt with sky-blue polka dots and a blue cardigan. 

She doesn’t have dresses in the first place. All she got were pants, skirts, formal and casual shirts, cardigans and hoodies. 

“Too simple, but I think it’s okay.” she took one last look at the mirror before sneaking out of her window. 

 

— —

 

Wendy rubbed off the coldness that was crawling in her upper limbs.

The wintry weather wasn’t chilly tonight, but she was fragile to withstand the cold. 

She straightened her shirt and took a deep breath before pressing the doorbell twice, hoping that one of her three friends would answer the door for her.

And indeed, she was welcomed by the trio, minus Vernon who was busy helping his mother and his aunts. 

“I thought you won’t come.” Seulgi hugged her. “And oh my god, you’re horribly underdressed.”

“Horribly underdressed? Is my clothes ugly?” Wendy blinked like a lost child. 

“You look fine.” Wonwoo tousled her hair. “I know this may sound a bit weird to you, but whenever we have barbecue parties or any small party, the girls tend to wear skirts paired with blouses or floral dresses.” 

“I wish you guys told me.” The Canadian girl pouted. 

“No worries, we’re goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter