Chapter Four

The girl he loves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Wendy was in complete peace, not until someone purposely interrupted her. 

The world was hers for the reading, not until someone snatched away the book in her hands. 

“What a nerd you are, Miss Canada.” The interrupter mocked, slamming the book on the ground. 

“I have a name, you know.” Wendy said steadily while the other girl could only roll her eyes. “And for your record Son Chaeyoung, people who love reading novels doesn’t make them a nerd.” Wendy reached out to pick up the book, but before she could, Chaeyoung stomped on her hand.

She wasn’t supposed to whimper, but since Chaeyoung was wearing heeled boots, it was hard not to wince.

“Care to tell me what do you want?” Wendy spoke through gritted teeth, trying to ignore the creeping pain on her hand.

“Nothing, loser.” Chaeyoung said bluntly. “I just don’t understand what Vernon sees in you. You’re nothing but a pretty face with a sad soul, a wreckage and a disaster behind fake smiles.” 

“Sees in me?” Wendy repeated, a bit puzzled.

“Wow, you really an interesting person, Miss Canada. Besidess being a loser, you’re also dense.” Chaeyoung mocked, leaning forward as she pushed the former by the shoulder. “Don’t you see the way he looks at you? It isn’t the same with the other girls. Oh heck, he doesn’t even bother to spare a glance at them.” 

Wendy was completely baffled by this girl.

She still remembers her first week when Chaeyoung offered her three times to join her in lunch break, and now she escalated from being nice to obnoxious and hateful.

Wendy wasn’t surprised though because after all, some humans were monsters with friendly faces.

No, she wasn’t saying that Chaeyoung was a monstrous person, but what Wendy meant was, not all people have the same pure heart as her own. 


“In case you’re confused, she’s one of Vernon’s obssesive fangirls.” 

Wendy stared up, seeing one of her classmates named Sana standing beside her, Chaeyoung was already long gone. 

“I see…” Wendy muttered. 

“Don’t let her get into you.” said the Japanese girl. “I’m sure she can’t bring you down. You’re a tough o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter