Epilogue [Part One]

The girl he loves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Text messages: ignored. 

Phone calls: ignored. 

Presence: ignored. 

Being ignored by your best friend was one of the worst feelings in the world. 

Selene wondered aloud why the hell Mingyu had been avoiding her for almost three days.

As far as the teenage girl could remember, she didn’t do anything wrong, and they didn’t have any argument either so why was he avoiding her as if she was invisible? 

Could it be because he felt guilty that she almost drowned that night at his cousin’s pool party? 

Or could it be he’s already tired of being friends with her? 

Selene sneered to herself as she shook away those negative thoughts.

Even though it wasn’t his fault, she was sure that the boy felt guilty over that incident, but the latter couldn’t be possibly true. There was no way he’s sick of being around her because he promised that their friendship would last a lifetime, and Kim Mingyu always kept his promises.

 
“Poor thing, look at you, all alone.” An irritating voice boomed above Selene’s head, snapping her out of her trance. “I don’t see your best friend hanging around you anymore. Perhaps did he dump you already?” 

Trying her best not to burst out, Selene put on a poker face, and balled her hands into fists beneath her desk. 

“Screw off, Kira!” The latter peered up, locking gazes with one of her classmates who disliked her. 

The girl named Kira wasn’t a bully. Rather she was an annoying person who liked provoking anyone in class, and bυtting into their business whenever she pleased.

“I’ll screw off once you answer my question. Tell me Choi Selene, do you think that Mingyu is in love with you just like how you’re pathetically in love with him?” she asked bluntly. 

“The hell are you saying!” Selene said exasperatedly.  

“Don’t feign obliviousness and answer me.” 

“Mind your own business, nut-head!” 

“You don’t want to answer my question? Then don’t cry a river when I expose your little secret to the world.” Kira smirked as she marched back to her seat, pulling out something from her desk. 

Once Selene saw what was in Kira’s hold, her eyes widened in shock. 

How did her blue velvet diary ended up in her classmate’s hands? 

What do you think you’re doing? Selene’s eyes narrowed as she mouthed to Kira. 

Unmasking your little secret to the world, but more specifically to your best friend. Kira mouthed back, a spark of mischief in her expression. She stood on the teacher’s podium, tapping her long, polished nails on the table to gain everyone’s attention.

The Math teacher was out of the classroom at the moment.

Selene wanted to shoot up from her seat and snatch back her personal diary, but she remained seated because silence was much better than making an embarrassing scene.

 

* *

 

“Entry One: There’s nothing more wonderful in the world than having someone who makes you feel beautiful inside and outside.

I have that someone, and he happens to be my best friend.” 


“Entry Two: I hope someday I’m going to meet someone who makes me happy, and stands by me even when I feel like I don’t deserve them.

But looks like I already have that person. His name is Kim Mingyu.” 


“Entry Three: It doesn’t matter how old you are. When you’re in love, then celebrate it. You can’t stop destiny.”

 
“Entry Four: Dear Diary, I think I have a crush on my best friend. No, scratch that, I’m in love with him. He’s so warm, faithful and full of simple joy. How could you not fall for him?” 


“Entry Five: In my perfect world, Mingyu and I are a couple. It’s nice to fantasize once in a while you know.” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter