Chapter One

The girl he loves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Vernon, you jerk, I demand you to stop!” Wonwoo shouted breathlessly, limbs giving up already.

 “It’s not my fault that you’re a slow runner.” The other boy chuckled, not sparing a look behind. 

“OH COME ON! I’m out of breath.” 

But he kept running and running when all of a sudden, he bumped into a small figure who was obviously wasn’t careful in her steps, sending them both into an endless fall.

It wasn’t an awful fall, but what a romantically awkward situation it was; eyes wide as if it would pop out from its sockets, bodies pressed tight, and faces too close they could almost kiss. 

 

“I’m sorry.” The girl got up, outstretching a hand. “I’m terribly sorry, Vernon?” 

When the boy was finally on his feet, he blinked his eyes, making sure that he wasn’t hallucinating.

“Oh Wendy, it’s you!” He flashed a smile. “What are you doing here?” 

“I live in this neighborhood.” replied the girl. 

“We’re neighbors then!” A wide grin spread across Vernon’s face. 

“Surprising much, I guess.” Wendy said sheepishly. “I was wondering if you want to come over? Well, if you’re free right now.”

 “Sure, I have nothing to do actually.” The half American boy said without hesitating. 

 

* *

 

Silence engulfed them as they walked, but it was a comfortable quietness. 

Wendy wasn’t much of a talker. In fact, the only time she talked was when she greets their teachers in the morning and when she participates in class.

Neither Vernon was talkative, but if he stayed silent more than an hour, he would’ve exploded.

Silence was like an enemy to him, especially when he wasn’t alone.

That’s why sometimes, he wouldn’t pay attention to the lesson on purpose so Wendy would help him or throw random questions at her just to hear her voice. 

There was something in the Canadian girl’s voice that makes him drawn into her. 

He was anxious whether to start a conversation or not.

He wanted to get to know more about her because sadly, the only thing he knows about Wendy was two things.

First, they were born in the same month. Second she lived most of her life in Toronto, and third her mother was Canadian while her father was Korean.

 
Vernon was about to speak when a holler of his name was heard from the back, making him freeze on his track.

He didn’t expect Wonwoo and Seulgi to chase him until the end, but here they were, hands on their knees while panting heavily. 

“Serves you right for insisting to catch me.” Vernon spoke, slightly laughing and almost forgetting Wendy who was beside him, looking at them with a flustered expression. 

“Your friends?” said Wendy. 

“Best friends.” Vernon corrected with a cheeky grin. 

“Hi,” The fox-eyed girl greeted cheerfully. “I’m Kang Seulgi and this is my cousin, Jeon Wonwoo.” 

“I’m Wendy Son.” The shorter girl greeted back. Her pale cheeks were a little bit flushed since she’d always been shy around new people, but nonetheless she added. “Honored to meet you two!”

“The honor is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter