Taeyeon, the house fairy

Maybe we're just tied together...

Morning sunlight touched Taeyeon’s face. Her head was hurting from the drinks she had last night and when she finally opened her eyes her vision was blurry. For a second, she thought she was into an unfamiliar room. Oh, well…it wasn’t just for a second; she was into an unfamiliar room. But before even processing it properly, she felt a hand pulling her by the waist, her back facing now the warmth of another body. She flipped on the other side, only to see a sleepy Byun Baekhyun still holding her by the waist. Both were standing on the side, looking at each other with sleepy eyes. She didn’t know if this was a dream or not, everything was covered by a weak mist. But she could still see Baekhyun opening his eyes widely and breaking into a smile at seeing her into his sight. And then she felt his fingers running through her messy hair. Was it a dream? It felt like it. She would always wake up alone in her dark room, but him by her side, it felt so warm and welcoming, her heart fluttered at his touch. She closed her eyes and fell asleep again with a smile crept on her lips.

Baekhyun too, couldn’t believe everything was reality. He waited for this moment ever since he accepted his feelings for Taeyeon, her being the last thing to see when he goes to sleep and the first thing to see when he opens his eyes in the morning. But his heart ached realizing that all of this is temporary, that all this happens in this very moment, It won’t happen tomorrow morning and the day after tomorrow morning and not in every morning of his life as he wished to. But it didn’t stop him to be happy over it, just having her by his side is enough to light up his own world.

His train of thoughts was cut off by Taeyeon who put one of her legs on him all of a sudden. A sleep habit that she had when she used to sleep in the same bed as her younger sister.

‘What the…?’ Baekhyun said taken by surprise by the random intimate movement.

He didn’t want to bother her adorable sleep, so he bear with her like that for a while, but then he decided to remove her gently to free himself. His attempt of pushing her lightly was unsuccessful and she somehow ended up falling on the back…with him hovering on top of her.

‘Byun, where the heck did you put my…’ Kim Jongdae was screaming while entering Baekhyun’s room. He froze in his spot when he saw his buddy in bed, on top of a girl. And that girl was…was she...

Both Taeyeon and Baekhyun turn their face to him confused.

‘Ooooh…’ and he leaves awkwardly, almost bumping into the door.

Just in that moment, Taeyeon realizes it all.

‘B-Baek, what is happening?’ she says with a trembling voice.

‘You just put one of your legs on me and tried to remove it but, well…’

Her cheeks become faint red and she hid her face with her palms.

‘OMO, this is so embarrassing…’ she said.

He gets down from her and casually leans his back on the bed cushion. He could feel his cheeks reddening as well and she didn't want her to see that. She finally removes her hand from her face and decides to take a sit near Baekhyun. He has so much things to explain…

‘So…where are we and why are we here?’ She asks.

Last time she remembers, she was at SM building enjoying a small talk with her two juniors, but then she somehow wakes up in an unknown room with a boy on top of her. She was genuinely so confused and a little creeper out, she couldn’t lie.

‘You got drunk last night at Lee Soo Man’s and I couldn’t take you home, so I took you here at EXO’s dorm.’

‘Oh…’

‘In my defense, it was Heechul’s idea to bring you here!”

‘Aish, I should have known it was that little ’s idea! I’ll kill him next time I see him.’

‘You’re mad noona?’

‘Of course, I am not mad at you. I am just mad at myself for being like this. I mean, I should have known better than get drunk in a bar. ’

Silence.

‘Thank you, Baek! God knows what could have happened to me if you just left me there. I am sorry you had to take care of me like that, I am truly air-headed.‘

‘That’s nothing noona, it’s absolutely nothing compared to everything you have done for us.’

She knew what he meant with that. And it was more than the encouragement and occasional promotions she gave them; it was about her accepting the fake relationship and all the budern that come with it. The company was in a crisis after Kris left with a lawsuit and feared that EXO will lose relevancy once their leader is gone. So, to hype up the fans and the public, they come out with this publicity stunt that Taeyeon/Baekhyun couple was. (A/N: It’s a piece of bull, I know, but bear with it for the sake of the plot).

‘And one more question’ she says ‘..why are we sharing the same bed?’

Baekhyun chuckled nervously.

‘Oh, that! I did my personal sleep spot on the floor, but in the middle of the night you started to cry and asked me to stay with you.’

‘I guess that’s my fault too! Aigoo, I am good for nothing!'

And after a little silence.

‘Baekhyun?’

‘Ne?’

‘Did I do or say something funny last night?’

‘What do you mean by funny?’

‘I don’t know…something that shouldn’t have been said.’

‘You sang a lot, cried a lot’

‘I do this all the time. What else?’

‘Talked about your childhood vocal couch...’

‘And...that’s all??’

‘Yeah...’ he lied.

‘You sure?’

‘Yeah!’

‘Oh!’ she releases a relief sigh.

Taeyeon and Baekhyun were never awkward together, or at least not as awkward as they were in this very moment. They never imaged this kind of thing happening between the two of them.

‘I am smelly…’ Taeyeon finally says to herself.

‘If you want to shower, the bathroom is the third room when you go left.’

‘Ok, I think I’ll shower. But, I don’t have clothes to change.’

‘I think I have something that might fit you.’ He says getting off the bed excitingly.

But when he opens his closet, a lot of things start to fall down from the shelf. Something that looked like deodorant hit Baekhyun’s face. His reaction was priceless, not only he was surprised, but it was so embarresed, omg.

Taeyeon’s ajumma laugh penetrated through the room at the sight. The room was so clean for a guy, not even her room was that clean (not like she was a clean person herself lol), but now everything makes much more sense. Baekhyun is not that much of a saint at last!

She stopped laughing all of a sudden and let out a pain growl.

‘You ok?’

‘My head hurts, especially when I am laughing.’

‘Look, take these’ and he throws a white shirt and a pair of jeans near her on bed ‘and go take a shower. I will look for some hangover pills for you. ‘

‘Thank you, Baek, you’re the best!’ Taeyeon says and leaves the room holding his clothes.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Whoever is there, hurry the up, I am going to explode!’ Chanyeol yelled and knocked the bathroom’s door annoyed.

Silence. A mad knock again and another mad knock and another until…

The door suddenly opens and a cute bare faced Taeyeon appears in the door frame, wearing oversized boy cloths and drying her hair with a towel.

‘Sorry, Chanyeol, I am done now!’ she says smiling and patting his shoulder lightly with one of her hands, the other still holding onto the towel.

Chanyeol was about to piss in his pants from the surprise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was walking down the hall to Baekhyun’s room, when she almost bumped into Oh Sehun. Her long golden hairs slapped his expensive T-shirt leaving a big wet spot on it.

‘Oh, sorry, Sehun-ah! I didn’t mean it…Hell, just how many times I am going to mess up today? Sehun-ah?’

Seeing that Sehun didn’t respond from the shock, she entered Baekhyun’s room, leaving him frozen in his place.

In that moment Chanyeol exits the bathroom and finds dumbfounded Sehun. He immediately understood why the makne is like this.

‘Hey, guys, what’s up with your faces?’ Suho says, stepping out of his room that was near the bathroom.      

‘Taeyeon noona!’ Chanyeol and Sehun say at unison.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon wearing his clothes made Baekhyun so happy, but he didn’t want to let it show. Seeing her wearing his shirt was one of the things he always wanted to see until his feelings for her don’t disappear or until she doesn’t disappear from his life in a whole. The shirt was too tight for him, but it still looked big on her and she was so adorable! It wasn’t that bad, at least compared to the jeans that looked like they could bear two Taeyeons in them. In other words, she was a mess, but he liked it. He handed her the hangover pills.

She was now laying on the bed, eyes closed, hand on the forehead, trying to rest.

‘You’re hungry, aren’t you?’ Baekhyun asked, taking a sit on the edge of the bed near her.

‘Yeah…I should go home now and get myself something to eat.’

‘Maybe we’ll find something here, let’s go to the kitchen.’ He proposes.

They headed together to the door and when they opened it, different pain growls filled their ears.

Chanyeol, Sehun, Suho and Jongdae (basically the only guys that were at home at the moment) were all hit by the massive wooden door.

‘What are you all doing here?’ Baekhyun says trying to not get angry at them.

No response.

‘You definitely weren’t eavesdropping at me and noona, were you?’

‘Of course we weren’t! What do you think we are?’ Sehun said, receiving some eye-side from the hyungs.

‘Guys, let’s do something well today and cook for noona, ok?’

‘Cook?’ the four guys say in unison.

‘Do we even have a kitchen?’ Jongdae asks.

Baekhyun facepalms at his response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Let’s see what you got there!’ Taeyeon says opening the fridge.

As expected, the fridge was almost empty.

‘Then how do you live? With air?’

‘We usually get our manager to order food for us. We rarely cook and this is only when Kyungsoo is in a good mood.’ Chanyeol explains.

‘Seems like we have some rice in there’ she says opening one kitchen cabinet. ‘I can make some fried rice from it and we also have some vegetables. It’s good for a salad…’

‘Need something more noona? We can go and buy something if you want to!’ Suho asks.

‘Yeah, go buy some champions; they work with the fired rice and something delicious for dessert. I trust your tastes, Suho!‘

‘Ok, I’ll be back in 10 minutes!’

‘Can I go too, hyung?’ Sehun asks.

‘Of course, maknae!’

And they leave together talking.

‘Jongdae and Chanyeol, you can go and clean the dining room, I’ve passed by it and it’s a mess.’

‘Got it! Your wish is order, mama (=goodness)!’

‘Hey, what about me, noona?’ Baekhyun asks pouting.

‘I don’t know. Can you cut the vegetables?’

Jongdae starts laughing.

‘Out of all the guys here you put Baekhyun, I mean BAEKHYUN, to help you in the kitchen? Not only that he has two left hands, but  the last and the only time he cooked something for us it tasted so bad that we laughed about it for weeks.‘ Chanyeol teases.

‘Yeah, shut up, Yoda!’ Baekhyun yells at him, causing everybody present, including Taeyeon to laugh out loud.

‘Just accept the truth, you, breakfast meat!’

Another brust of laugh filled the room.

‘Yah, guys, let’s do our job now!’ Taeyeon finally says and the two guys head to the dining room.

Taeyeon and Baekhyun were now alone in the kitchen. She was preparing the rice mumbeling a happy song, while he was cutting the vegetables very concentrated. He definitely didn’t want to make a joke out of himself in front of Taeyeon, especially when Chanyeol made fun of his cooking ‘skills’.

But, obviously he ended up cutting his index finger when doing the cucumbers. Great, one more reason to dislike that green, long, no taste monstrosities.

‘Oh my God, Baek, you’re bleeding!’ Taeyeon pointed out a little panicked. ‘Where is the first aid kit?’

Seconds later, Taeyeon was wrapping a bandage around Baekhyun’s index finger calmly. Even if the little wound was hurting as hell, he couldn’t think of anything else other than how gentle Taeyeon’s touch was.

‘Sorry, noona!’ he mumbled almost voicelessly.

‘For what?’

‘For being such an airhead, Chanyeol was right, I am a disaster in the kitchen!’

‘It’s nothing to be sorry about, B’ she says finishing her job with the bandage ‘you were just helping.’

‘I will finish the vegetables by myself now…Oh, wait, I’ve forgot!’ she says and kisses Baekhyun’s wound.

‘My mom told me the wound will heal faster this way.’ She said flashing him a warm smile.

Oh, , why is Kim Taeyeon always making his heart race?

 

The food was ready and everybody was sited in their place at the table, Taeyeon between Baekhyun and Sehun. The boys were eating the food hungrily and it stimulated Taeyeon as well, she has to eat more lively if she wants to gain some weight. It was the first in a long time she ate cooked food and it seems it was the same for EXO boys.

‘No wonder people call you house fairy’ Suho says ‘your cooking is so good!’.

Taeyeon laughed. ‘Fried rice is basically the only plat I can cook properly. When I first become a trainee and moved in the dorms in Seoul, I ate fried rice for 3 months straight cause I didn’t know something else to cook and I was too lazy to learn.’

‘At least you nailed something.’

‘What you’re talking about? Kim Taeyeon nails everything she does, especially music!’ Jongdae compliments her with his mouth full of rise.

‘We really liked your solo song, we played it here a lot when we did the cleaning!’ Suho confessed. 'And, Jongdae, stop talking with your mouth full!'

‘You are some really flattering hoobes, aren't you?'

That breakfast was one of the most enjoyable moments for Taeyeon in a while. The truth is, she didn’t even remember the last time she hanged out with her friends like that. She was busy amost of the time, her schedule was packed all year long and when she finally had a break, she felt lonely because there was no one close whom she can be intimate with. To be completely honest to herself, she preferred to work rather than rest, cause in break time she would realize how empty her life truly was. She doesn’t have many close friends and the ones she has are always busy. And she never took any special interest in other things than singing and didn’t know how to fill her time with something meaningful. She was a top idol, but in real life, she felt like she was some kind of a loser.

She felt so good with EXO by her side. They were her favorite hoobaes, no doubt, even if they are so immature all the time. She likes them because they are bright and cheerful and take good care of her feelings. They joked together, laughed together, she was glad that all this fake dating happened cause she got to know them more and made good friends and she got to know Baekhyun.  Oh, Baekhyun, what does he truly means to her?

They were just finishing the food and the guys were playing rock paper scissors to decide who is washing the dishes when Taeyeon receives a phone call. Her face gets pallid reading the name and she answers the phone leaving the room. Baekhyun observes it all a little concerned.

‘Why do you call me? I thought I was clear enough yesterday that I won’t go out with you anymore. Please leave me alone now!’ she said frustrated.

‘Don’t come at me with names like that, please!’

‘Yeah, I’m mad, shouldn’t I?’

‘What, you’re on your way to SNSD dorm? But I am not there...’

‘No, you can’t pick me up!’

‘I will get there by myself, wait for me. Seems like we should have a serious talk!’ she says and hangs up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon reenters the kitchen to pay her goodbye to the EXO members, she wanted to leave immediately.

‘I am sorry guys, I must leave now!’

‘That fast?’ Suho asks.

‘Ne…’

‘We enjoyed our time with noona!’ Jongdae says.

‘That’s so sweet of you! I would have stayed longer, really, but something stays in the way. Good-bye!’ she says leaving the room in a rush.

‘Noona wait…’ Baekhyun jumps off his chair and catches Taeyeon at the entrance.

‘Will you come to SM Halloween Party tonight?’

‘I am not sure, my concert ends really late…’

‘I hope you would come, we had so much fun last time…’

‘We won’t be able to spend time together anyway; you know, we…‘broke-up’’ These words felt so awkward.

‘But still, I really want to see you there…’

‘Me too, but I can’t promise anything…I have to leave now, see you later, puppy, take care!’ she says fluffing his hair smiling.