Is there still hope?

Maybe we're just tied together...

‘SM and Loen confirm the relationship, Baekhyun and IU are now officially a couple’

 

‘What the hell?’

Taeyeon couldn’t believe what she had just read. Not only that she believed IU and Baekhyun were just a fling, but they even went public now.

Once again, she was at loss of words. What is next? What other painful things will she find out?

‘Oh, great….’

She says as she sees the photos there.

First one had IU and Baekhyun messing around on the filming set of Moon Lovers laughing with their mouths to the ears. They were wearing their traditional clothes, they looked really beautiful, like it was a legit photoshoot.

In the second photo, they were somewhere in the set of Moon Lovers too, but it was late in the night and they were wearing normal clothes. Darkness was washing over them as they were hugging closely and her hand playing in his hair.

And the last photo, she was in EXO’s secret parking lot, getting off her car, all dolled up. Strange enough, she was wearing the exact same outfit she was wearing the day Taeyeon caught them together.

After those ‘more than adorable photos’ there was the article.

 

They first met each other when filming Moon Lovers. People in the production team said IU took special care of Baekhyun since it was his very first time acting and Baekhyun was a more than eager student. They were inseparable during the filming.

Late after the filming, they would hang out a lot together, with mutual friends, but mostly only the two of them. They were seen numerous times eating in high brand restaurants. She would be the one picking him up from his dorm.

They have a couple bracelets too, as pointed out in this picture.

They are currently in their 4th month of relationship.

 

4 months? He had been two timing her for 4 months. Oh my God, this is way worse than Taeyeon could ever imagine.

 

‘I want you to be dragged to hell and back and not be able to even show your face in the public!’ Taeyeon said bitterly when she reached the comment section.

 

[8960;456] Surprisingly matching and much better than their other relationships. Have a good run you two!

[6845;234] Whoaa, the first photo looks like to it was taken straight from a fairytale, doesn’t it?

[3458; 567] Well, that’s what a power idol couple is!

[973; 109] Unexpected! In a pleasant way. I loved them in the drama. Too bad they didn’t end up together there. Wang Eun won in the end! ^^

 

‘Oh, really!’ Taeyeon’s eyes were getting red. What is this? They hated on her and Baekhyun so much…what was different this time? Why do they prefer IU? She is feeling so wronged…What did she do to even deserve this?

 

She closed the article and called Tiffany.

‘Please, pick up, please, pick up!’ she murmured as the phone kept on calling.

‘Fany?’

‘Yes, Taeng, what’s wrong?’

‘Can you come to me now? I really need you.’

‘I am sorry but I didn’t finish my shooting session. Is there something wrong, your voice doesn’t sound ok at all!’

‘He’s dating IU, Fany…he’s dating her publicly!’

Taeyeon said and big tear drops started to fall on her face as she was gripping strongly on her phone.

‘Oh my God, what did that jerk do to my boo?’

Taeyeon just kept on crying on the phone and Tiffany’s heart broke in million pieces hearing her like this.

‘I feel so bad I can’t be next to you right now. I am so sorry. I’ll come to you as soon as I am free from here, ok?’

‘O-ok!’ Taeyeon said, more calmly this time, aggressively whipping her tears.

She doesn’t want to cry anymore, she has to stay strong.

‘Yah, don’t you want me and the other Soshis to vandalize his car like we did with that guy?’

‘No, what the hell? You all embarrassed me to death that time. And you know, Baekhyun is too much of a loser to actually have a car for himself.’

‘Oh, yeah! I forgot about that! See? More reasons why you could have done so much better!’

‘Honestly, I didn’t want better, I only whised…’

Suddenly someone entered Taeyeon’s dressing room.

‘I’ll hang up, Fany! Goodbye!’

 

‘Kim Taeyeon in 15!’ Shosho, the manager screamed as she opened the door. ‘Good God! What happened to your face?’

When Shosho said that Taeyeon rapidly went to the mirror and looked at her reflection.

Her eyes were red and puffy. And that was like the last problem. Her eye make-up dripped on her cheeks leaving big dark marks. She looked as a complete mess.

‘We are on air in 15. Stylist! Where the hell is the stylist?’ Shosho screamed again and started to run on the hall.

Taeyeon could only sigh deeply.

 

 

*

 

Now the Entertainment News’ a beautiful lady was talking at the TV ‘IU, the nation’s little sister and Byun Baekhyun, the main vocalist of nation’s idol group EXO are officially dating. Reporters from Dispatch affirmed that the romance between the two stars started when working for their drama Moon Lovers and they were spotted together numerous times, on the drama set and out of it alike. Loen responded ‘They were friends that grew into lovers on the filming platform. They celebrate 4 months of relationship this month. Please give them a lot of love!’ Seems like fans agreed with Loen since the reactions so far have been positive from both sides.

Meanwhile, Moon Lovers new episode airing in China hits historical numbers!’

 

Wow! I knew Loen is a bigger company than ours. But I said there’s no way they have more influence in the industry than we have. Guess I was wrong. Just look how they turned the public sentiment in your favor with only two positive articles and manipulating top comments. That’s really impressive, isn’t?’ Kim Youngmin was talking while standing at the big desk of his office.

‘Yeah…I guess.’ Baekhyun who was seated at the opposite side of Kim Youngmin’s desk said with no life in his voice.

‘If only we were that intelligent when working on that scandal of Taeyeon and you…’

Kim Youngmin just noticed how Baekhyun got even more lifeless at the mention of her.

‘So…how did it go with Taeyeon?’

‘Does it matter now? She hates me so much, she would look more nicely at a poop.’

‘What? I thought she’d be understanding of this. She knows how the industry works.’

The boss noticed once again how Baekhyun kept on getting more and more pale and how he looked down at his feet.

‘Well, I don’t know what happened to the two of you. I am just here for the finances and stuff. But it would be a pity if you have broken up over this!’

‘You really liked the two of us, huh?’ Baekhyun raised his head and look directly into Kim Youngmin’s eyes.

‘I give no comment on this…’

‘I know you, sir, I know your heart. I know you didn’t want to do this to us. Why didn’t you just stop everything?’

‘You are crossing the line, right now, kiddo!’ Kim Youngmin says in a serious voice while Baekhyun calms down.

‘Sorry…’ Baekhyun responds, mentally slapping himself for reacting like this to his boss.

Awkward pause.

‘That’s something we had to do. Understand, Baekhyun? It wasn’t really in my control this time, the insisted, there was nothing I could do.’ Kim Youngmin says as if he wanted to justify himself in front of the youngster.

Suddenly Baekhyun realized why people say Kim Youngmin has no heart. It’s not like he doesn’t have one, he just doesn’t follow it. For the first time, the boss was pitiful in his eye.

‘Now back to a more interesting topic. Did the producers talk to you about some payment increacement after Moon Lovers success in China?’

 

 

*

Excited screams everywhere. The club was dark and only colorful lights were shining around. Idols were going crazy on the dance floor as some American party song was on full blast.

For sure, Heechul’s Birthday party is one of the biggest events over the year. Not only the whole entity of SM was there, but it seems like all the industry was invited. Heechul is a social butterfly, he knows everyone. And that’s why he literally invites everyone.

There’s no way any idol invited would miss this. The DJ is fantastic, the drinks are good and as many as the heart wishes. But the biggest attraction of this party was definitely the social circle. A lot of friendships were created at this party through the years. But they are easily outnumbered by the relationships that were formed…even if some barely lasted until the party ended. A lot of relationships were broken there too. Maybe too many. But who can leave such a place with a heavy heart? It was a land of opportunities.

And of course, how can Heechul’s best friend…or more like little sister, miss from this? Kim Taeyeon was there just like she was every year.

This year she was looking more beautiful than ever. Her long black logs were elegantly falling on her bare shoulders and back. The deep green dress she was wearing was a quite revealing piece in the upper part, but there was nothing particularly provocative about it. But again…what is not provocative in the eye of a man who is looking for a target?

And Taeyeon was for sure one of the most eye-catching to the men. If not the most. She wasn’t the prettiest, but she had those clear big eyes and that quiet aura. She was so youthful, some would say innocent even, but still mysterious and effortlessly y. She had a charm that attracted them easily.

But for three years, Taeyeon had no eyes for men, but this one. This one that just a month ago broke her heart. This one man that was at the table near hers, but they act like they don’t even know each other.

The party had just begun, but she was feeling exhausted. She had no eagerness to party. Just Baekhyun’s presence right there, smiling and laughing like there’s nothing was killing her.

‘Oh, Kim Taeyeon!’ Tiffany comes at her table and grabs her wrist.

‘What?’

‘Come on! Why stay at the table? You’re not fun!’

‘I just…don’t feel like doing anything!’

‘Bull! Let’s go on the dancing ring! Do you want all the poor boys crying for you right there? How long will you make them wait?’

‘Ok, fine!’ Taeyeon says still unimpressed.

She lets Tiffany drag her on the dance floor and then she started to move on the beat that was there. She wasn’t feeling herself yet, but she was trying. She wasn’t that much of a party person to begin with.

 

Unintentionally her eyes wandered to Baekhyun’s place again and her heart dropped. She saw how IU appeared out of nowhere back hugged Baekhyun with a beaming smile.

‘Is that…IU?’ she asks slowly.

‘Yeah, she is!’ Tiffany responds and Taeyeon is surprised Tiffany heard her question with that loud music.

God, they even went to the party as a couple. That’s so…

‘Taeng…no! Don’t mind them, ok? Look at me and let’s keep on dancing!’

‘Ok!’ she agreed, but she as much as she tried she couldn’t keep herself calm.

‘I..I think I have to go to the bathroom!’ Taeyeon excused herself and left Tiffany.

 

She went to the bathroom, but did nothing but stay there and calm herself, far from the loud music and those annoyingly happy laughs around her. Far from the person she both loves and hates the most. She checked her face in the enormous mirror and saw her eyes getting red again. But she knew she had the strength to hold it in and pretend she’s fine.

Before she could make up her mind to leave, someone entered the bathroom too. And that one person was no other than IU.

‘Hello, Taeyeon-ah!’ she greeted with her cute, honey-like voice that Taeyeon absolutely couldn’t stand.

‘Hello!’ she responded trying to hide the bitterness underneath.

‘So I heard your solo is doing incredible! You have my congratulations!’

‘Thank you!’ Taeyeon said while subtly rolling her eyes. That fake kindness is making her poke.

‘But I fear it will be forgotten once I release my new album!’

Oh…so that’s the IU that she knows.

‘Having a couple more downloads really make you feel superior, huh?’ Taeyeon responded letting her bitterness show this time.

‘I’ve always been the superior one. That’s why you lose everything to me.’ IU comeback even more bitterly as she pretended she was calmly applying her infamous red lipstick.

 

Taeyeon and IU were just like Ahyeon and Youin, frenemies. They were on apparently good terms, but deep down neither liked each other. And both were positive that is mutual.

Ever since Taeyeon debuted solo, they were put against each other by the press, but frankly Taeyeon couldn’t care less about it. But it seems to have been a big deal for IU who suddenly would act cold whenever they meet.

It’s not like Taeyeon considered it to be a big loss either, as she wasn’t fond of her from the beginning.

 

But really, Taeyeon never realized how deep the feeling of hatred IU had for her truly was. Until now.

 

‘I lost everything to you, I admit it! But there is something that I have and you didn’t manage to steal yet.’ Taeyeon said confidently.

‘What?’

‘The capacity of being an actual decent human being without inferiority complex!’

With that being said, Taeyeon wants to make a sassy exit, but as she was walking to the door she felt grabbed by the hair.

‘Auch!’

Taeyeon screams as she felt pain on her scalp. She was so surprised, but didn’t hesitate on slapping IU’s hand and push her away from her body with all the force.

Just then, someone could be heard running in their direction. Baekhyun appeared in the frame of the door with a very worried face.

‘Baekhyun-ah!’ IU screams and throws herself to him, hugging him like a frightened kid.

‘Baekhyun-ah…I was so scared. She pushed me…She…’

Incredible! Just..shameless! Taeyeon said while watching IU acting all victimitive in front of Baekhyun.

‘Tell her, oppa, tell her to leave me alone! She is acting like this because she is jealous with us!’

Baekhyun was just standing there not knowing what to do.

‘We will just leave!’ Baekhyun said to IU.

‘I’ll leave first!’ Taeyeon said ‘I am just too disgusted by both of you!’ ‘You’re both trash, cheaters!’ Taeyeon screamed inside her head.

And with that she left…

 

*

 

‘IU, you’re such a God damn awful actress, there is no wonder our drama flopped so bad in Korea!’ Baekhyun says when Taeyeon couldn’t be seen anymore.

‘Look who’s talking…you had the worse acting reviews out of us all!’

‘I hardly appeared 5 minute an episode missy, you were in every single scene.’

‘So what’s with that?’

‘I just call you on your bull. And stop bothering Taeyeon, ok? You can keep on bothering me, but just leave her alone.’

‘What? She was the one pushing me in the first place!’

‘Do you think I was born yesterday or something? She was the one crying in pain just before I arrived.’

‘You’re smart, why didn’t you become a policeman instead?’

‘Because I wanted to sing, duh? I just wanted to sing, not to enter all these stupid fake dating scandals with people that get their managers to threaten me.’

‘You know I don’t consider our dating scandal fake, right?’

‘How is this not fake? All our photos were manipulated, the articles were manipulated…even the top comments…EVERYTHING was manipulated’

‘But I did all this because I like you, Baek. You know I do.’ Her voice suddenly got softer.

‘Stop with the lies! You don’t care about me, don’t even imagine you can fool me like this!’

At his words, IU’s clear eyes filled with big tears.

‘You are just fooling yourself. Don’t act like you have feelings for me. You only want me because you can’t stand Taeyeon having me. Stop with this. You are too good for the s you’re pulling off right now.’

‘Baekhyun…’ she said while her face become a crying mess…’Why don’t you believe me? I love you! Forget her, please! I can give you everything you need.’

IU extended her arms to hug him, but he took a step back and left her in the air.

‘I don’t need anything from you. Just leave me and the woman I love alone, understand?’

He said while he turned his back and left.

‘B—B---Baekhyun!’ her crying voice echoed through the hall.

 

With pain in his heart, Baekhyun decided to take a walk outside to take in some fresh air. As he was wandering without a sense, he saw a girl coming to him. It was Tiffany.

 

*

Taeyeon reentered the party hall and searched for Tiffany, but she was nowhere to be found. She sighed for like the millionth time that month and went back to her table in the darker corner of the room.

As she was standing there, some familiar figure approached her.

‘Hello, Taeyeon-ah, what’s up with you? Are you sad…perhaps?’

That voice…it was very recognizable for Taeyeon. It was Junhyung.

‘No, just a little bit tired. I had a schedule today.’

Junhyung is a close friend of Heechul’s. There’s no wonder he would there.

‘Oh, I see! But it’s a pity you miss all the fun out there.’

‘That’s not such a loss for me though.'

She was so deep into her thoughts, his presence there was quite annoying. But his intentions were good so she was patient.

‘Taeyeon, you’re working too much.’ He said as he boldly took her hands into his.

‘I know!’ she responded and looked into his eyes that had honey dripping from them.

‘Just relax, ok? Feel good about yourself tonight!’

‘I’ll try!’ Taeyeon said at his enthusiasm.

 

‘Hey!’ Junhyung screamed at some waiter that passed by the table. ‘Fetch us a big bottle of Soju…’

‘Taeyeon is going to have the time of her life tonight!’ he said while turning his eyes to the girl, still smiling like an idiot.

 

In front of the full glass, Taeyeon couldn’t find the strength to drink it all. But as the image of IU hugging Baekhyun lingered in her mind, she knew alcohol is going to be her only pain-killer.

 

Three hours passed. Taeyeon’s tables had three bottles of Soju…and they were all empty. Junhyung was still at her table, just as waste as she was, hugging her closely.

Junhyung cupped her cheeks that were red as fire because of the alcohol.

‘Youu doon’t know~~~how much I want to kkkiss you right now!’

Taeyeon barely understood what he said, but she didn’t fight his lips who arrived oh so eagerly on hers.

 

 

*

 

Annoying pitchy sounds were filling the room. Taeyeon opened her eyes, but the vision was blurry and her head felt like it’s going to explode.

After she come to her senses, he took a look at the room she was sleeping in.

It was her very own bedroom.

 

She stood on her back and looked at the white ceiling. She got she so wasted, she has no idea what happened to her last night at all. Whenever she wants to remember it, her headache just gets worse.

But without even wanting, she remembered other thing. That morning when he woke up in Baekhyun’s bed. Her heart started to beat so fast at the memory. She would give anything for this to happen again. She was so nervous at that time, but she couldn’t deny that she liked him, she was happy she was there with him. And EXO were such sweethearts. She missed them all so much!

Oh, the phone! Her message tone was the one that woke her up, she must have received something.

 

Good morning, my love! Did you wake up?

 

That morning message…a smile crept on her face when she read it. Until she saw the sender’s name ‘Junhyung’.

‘Oh my God, Kim Taeyeon, what did you expect?’ she said loudly and literally slapped herself.

Why does she still wait for him?

 

But why in the world would Junhyung send her such a message. Why call her ‘my love? She’s so confused…

‘What…what happened?’

Taeyeon jumped from her bed and run to the hall.

‘Tiiiiffff!’ she screamed hoping Tiffany is awake and around there.

‘Yes, Taeyeon, what’s up?’

‘Junhyung just sent me this!’

As Tiffany was reading the message she started to laugh.

‘You don’t remember what you did last night, right?’

‘No! Other than getting drunk!’

‘Both of you and Junhyung were really wasted!’

‘We were?’ Taeyeon said as she gulped her saliva. This doesn’t sound good at all.

‘Yes. And you made out all the night!’

‘Seriously?’

‘Yeah…’

‘You’re not making fun of me, right?’

‘No…’

‘You swear?’

‘I swear, Taeng…you’ve been making out with that guy all the night. Then he asked you to be his girlfriend. You threw up on his shoes and then said yes. At the end of the party I took you home.’

‘OH MY GOD! WHAT IN THE WORLD! THAT’S SO…’

Taeyeon was so shocked at herself, but before she could even finish her sentence she felt like throwing up again.

She run at the bathroom immediately. Tiffany come near her at the toilet bowl and held her hair while tapping her back lightly.

Tiffany didn’t say anything. But she knew how much Taeyeon was suffering. Ah…she found her friend so pitiful like this.

 

 

*

While Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny were having breakfast together, the door’s bell ringed. The three of them looked at each other not knowing who to expect. It was a schedule free day and they planned on going for the movies together. No plans to see other people.

The least lazy one, in this case Taeyeon went to the door to open it.

When the door opened, Junhyung’s face was revealed, holding a rose and a big stuffed bear.

‘Surprise!’ he said while he handed the present to her.

For sure, Taeyeon was very surprised.

‘Oooh, thank you! And come in!’ Taeyeon said awkwardly.

Oh my god again! He really took last night seriously. What to do?

 

 

*

 

‘NO!’ Taeyeon screamed at Ahyeon while she was fixing herself in the mirror.

‘Waaaaeeeee????’ the younger was throwing a literal tantrum there.

‘For Godness’s sake, Kim Ahyeon, you are a 16 year old, but you act like a toddler right now! I have to meet Junhyung tonight! I’ll take you there other time!’ Taeyeon said very annoyed at her little sister.

Yes, she is officially Yong Junhyung ’s girlfriend now. And yes, she accepted to go to his parent’s restaurant inauguration which is tonight.

‘Faaaany!’

‘I am here!’ Tiffany runs to her with a hairdressing machine in her hands.

Feeling ignored Ahyeon leaves the room angrily.

Tiffany started to work on curling Taeyeon’s logs as she always does when her friend has an important meeting or a date. Tiffany is really gifted with this kind of stuff.

‘Thank you, Fany! You are awesome!’

‘You’re welcomed!’

 

The comfortable silence between the two girls is stopped when Tiffany asks.

‘Are you sure?’

‘Yeah! I want my hair tips to be curly.’

‘No, that’s not what I mean…’

‘So what do you mean then…?’

Tiffany didn’t respond to this, but it didn’t take too much for Taeyeon to realize the meaning of her words.

Taeyeon doesn’t love Junhyung yet. She still has someone in her heart. She is not sure what she wants…she is not sure what she does…she doesn’t want to hurt Junhyung with her confusion either.

But she didn’t know what to think of this no more. She has to give Junhyung a try. She has to forget him.

 

*

You should leave her now. She is with Junhyung now. She is even going to meet his parents on the night of 14th. You lost your chance, Baek! Let her be happy without you!’

 

Baekhyun remembers Tiffany’s words as he was angrily playing a piano song in his practice room. All the boys left already, but he felt like he needed some alone time, so he stayed.

Tiffany overheard Baekhyun and IU that day in the club and he confessed her everything. She knows everything now.

So he would always contact her to ask about Taeyeon’s well being. Since the fight he had with IU at Heechul’s party, IU’s manager stopped threatening him, so he felt at ease to do so, even if he was still fearful to talk with Taeyeon herself.

And Tiffany would happily told him about Taeyeon until recently. When he called she said that.

He was heart-broken when he heard those words. Taeyeon and Junhyung are advancing so fast. Taeyeon is moving on from him so fast.

And guess what? Today is 14th.

Baekhyun was so angry that he missed a note and the piano sounded as if it cracked.

Today is 14th.

 

 

With a heavy heart, Taeyeon was driving her car to the city….

 

Is this really the end for them? For their relationship?