Unexpected Crush

Maybe we're just tied together...

‘I’m actually jealous of you, guys!’ Zion.T was speaking to a group of EXO and BTS members in what seems to be the waiting room of a concert. ‘You know, artists are said to look down on idols because they are ‘second hand’ singers, but actually most of us feel envious with your skills and opportunities: the great dancing skills and the power to maintain them while singing, being able to develop an extremely supportive fanbase, performing in other countries. These are things we’d like to do too.’

Suho and Jungkook were listening to Zion.T’s words closely, especially Jungkook who looks up to him immensity and doesn’t hide it. There were other members from the two respective groups that were gathered around these three, without appearing to be engaged into the conversation. Baekhyun was one of them. He was waiting for a text response from Taeyeon. He had already messaged her about arriving safely in HongDae and waiting to perform.

He couldn’t deny that there were little confrontation’s here and there, but overall, his relationship with Taeyeon turned out into something sweet and peaceful and he couldn’t be happier. Taeyeon is a very good girlfriend for him. She has always showered him with a lot of care and attention, without being clingy and even if she is rather the one to eye side a lot, he never felt restrained to do anything around her. She’s the type to have strong beliefs, but always tried her best to be open minded and he likes this about her. Spiritual, even a little superstitious, individualistic, thoughtful, but extremely air-headed too, and emotional, maybe a little too emotional, up and down then up again and down again, he got to know there is a constant restlessness in her whole being despite her exterior looking so calm. He started to understand Heechul’s words about Taeyeon being a person hard to handle, it’s true, but he finds it exciting. Every time, he feels like he sees another face of Kim Taeyeon. And with every face of her, he feels like he is getting closer to her real self, he feels like he is able to be the one to enter her messy heart. Taeyeon needs someone to complete her and he thinks that he is getting closer and closer to be the one.

It looks like she is too busy to respond to his text at the moment and it’s not surprising since SNSD’s Phantasia concert in Kobe is about to start. Since there is nothing he can do anymore, he started to pay attention to what the other members where chatting with Zion.T. It’s the first time they shared a waiting room with him. EXO usually have their own waiting rooms or share it with another boy group (usually BTS), but this event is a small event, so they didn’t have enough space it seems. It’s not like it bothers him though, Zion.T looks like a guy whom you can have excellent conversations with.

‘Dancing is hard. My buddy, Crush’ Zion.T was relating ‘he tried to do a whole dance routine for his solo concert. He complained about back pain two weeks after that. I had thoughts of preparing something like this for my concert too, but I kind of gave up after seeing him.’

‘Wait! Crush had a solo concert?’’ Jungkook asks genuinely surprised.

‘Yes. Last month. Kind of surprised you didn’t know. I told him he should do more media-play about this!!’

‘I didn’t know, maybe I would have gone!’

‘It is always a next time, kiddo! If you’re lucky enough, maybe you’ll make it to the after party too. It was so crazy! Crush has invited some awesome friends: Jay Park, Gray, Gary, SNSD Tiffany, Kim Taeyeon…’

Baekhyun felt like his world started to crumble for a second at the mention of his girlfriend name and the sudden pallor of his face betrayed it. He couldn’t believe what Zion.T had just said, did he hear this right? Taeyeon went to Crush’s concert? How is this possible? She never told him about it…

All the doubts that he might have heard wrong vanished when he saw Suho giving him a surprised look. So he wasn’t paranoid about it!

‘I didn’t know Crush is friends with SNSD girls!’ Suho says trying to pump the secrets out of Zion.T in a seemingly indifferent manner.

Baekhyun looked at Suho with a thankful stare. Suho isn’t just a leader in the sheets, he really is a good buddy that helps the members with their problems.

‘He got to meet Tiffany through Jay Park and Gray. And as Tiffany is such good friends with Taeyeon they all kind of just clicked. Crush is happy about it since he had always being a fan of the group, especially Taeyeon’s. He once told me a story about how he tried to steal the ticket of their concert from his older sister that was a fan too, but she cached him. He was lucky that she…’

Zion.T started to relate some funny story he knew about Crush’s noona, but Baekhyun couldn’t care less. All he could have thought is how Taeyeon hide the fact that she went to Crush’s concert from him. It wasn’t jealousy, well it was, but it was pain and disappointment more than anything. He couldn’t believe she would have done something like this. He has immense trust in her and he doesn’t want this to change. But he can’t help but feel doubtful and it’s making him die inside.

As he was getting into a deep and deeper sadness, he feels the phone vibrating in his lap. He received a text.

Taengoo: ‘Sorry, B! I was rehearing and didn’t hear the phone beeping. I am happy you arrived well. We’ll talk more later, I can’t right now because of the concert. Love ya!’

Baekhyun stared at her message without expression.

 

*

 

Baekhyun didn’t want to bring this incident up when he was with Taeyeon and pretended that nothing really happened. But as much as he tried to be cool about it all, he couldn’t deny the fact that he grew insecure because of it. Honestly, he was always insecure about himself, about his everything, but he learned to hide it through his apparent overconfidence. Having Taeyeon was one of the best things that happened to him, as ridiculous as it sounds, she had become a big part of his life and the thoughts that she wants to fly away from him are driving him crazy. What if she doesn’t find him worthy enough and searching for someone to replace him behind his back? This question is running through his head everytime he thinks about her. That’s why he had started to become paranoia. Whenever she says she is in some place, he can’t concentrate on his work thinking she might be in other place meeting someone else. But at the same time, he would refuse to believe Taeyeon is lying to him. ‘Taeyeon isn’t this type of girl!’ he was telling to himself, feeling guilty to accuse her of anything. He didn’t know what he should believe anymore, he had become such an insecure, jealous mess that it was stealing from his usual brightness.

 

‘Baek,’ Taeyeon said while cuddled in his embrace ‘please never ever stop smiling because of me.’

Baekhyun looked at her with a confused stare.

‘Why bringing up things like these all of a sudden?’

‘Because I feel like you aren’t as happy as you used to when you’re around me.’

‘Everything’s fine, Taeyeon!’ he lied, caressing her cheek with the back of his hand.

‘Your smile is so precious to me, B. I would die to know it might disappear because of me.’ She said, catching his hand that was caressing her cheek in her own hand and intertwining their fingers. Baekhyun looked into her eyes. Her pretty eyes looked at him with such a genuine love that Baekhyun felt overwhelmed. How can he doubt this woman? He asked himself. Her whole being was emanating so much love that night.

He slowly approached her and captured her lips.

 

*

Maybe his doubts would have died there, with Taeyeon’s warm eyes, but then another thing that jolted him happened. Through an unexpected turn of event, the choreographer gave EXO a free day and as Baekhyun wanted to surprise Taeyeon, he went to her house knowing that she must be home.

But she wasn’t.

Tiffany was the one that opened the door for him. She was wearing some pretty going out outfit and combing her long black hair like she was in a hurry.

‘Oh, Baekhyun!’ she said  ‘Didn’t expect to see you here today!’

‘It’s one of my free days and wanted to see Taeyeon...where is she?’

‘I don’t really know myself. I just saw her leaving the house pretty early today.’

Baekhyun looked at her surprised. As usual, he didn’t know about it. Tiffany looked at his sudden change of expression and gave him a comforting stare.

‘I don’t know when she is going to come back, but if you want, you can wait for her here. But you’ll be all alone. I am going out too.’

‘It’s ok, I can handle it, I know the wi-fi password!’ he laughed.

But that wasn’t his laugh.

Tiffany was really in a hurry and left quickly. He took a seat on Soshi’s sofa and send Taeyeon a text with ‘Where are you?’. But she didn’t respond, so he just stayed there playing phone games to distract himself for making up stupid scenarios in his head. But there was one point that not even phone games could distract his feelings. It was late and she didn’t appear, didn’t response to his texts either. She was hiding from him. Thoughts that he might be in someone else’s arms right now really really drove him crazy. With every passing second, he felt like doubts are going to kill him.

‘It’s enough!’ He said to himself and got off the sofa angrily. He was feeling like a total fool, wasting his precious free time waiting for a girl that is probably enjoying her day with other guy. He’s sick, too sick of it all.

He was at the door when he heard the sound of a car stopping in front of the house. He froze in his spot, maybe she came. Throwing a look on the window though, he realized that that it certainly wasn’t Taeyeon’s car. Or Tiffany’s. Or Sunny’s. Or anybody’s he knew. It was an extremely expensive Lamborghini that most idols wouldn’t even afford. A very prettily dressed Taeyeon gets off it and as Baekhyun couldn’t feel any angrier, a random good looking bastard gets off too and follows her to the entrance. Baekhyun was impressed with that guys looks. He was miles taller than him and his strong manly features were really striking. His self-confidence was on the ground in second one. Fearing that they might see him, he tried to hide somewhere and take an ear at their conversation. He was dying to know what his girlfriend has to do with this guy.

‘Thank you for today, Youhan!’ he hears Taeyeon’s calm and clear voice.

‘It’s my pleasure.’ He says in a very gentleman like manner. , even his voice is handsome!

‘When will it be the next time?’ the guy asks.

Baekhyun feels getting hot under the collar. He would have opened that stupid door and go after them, but he stopped himself from making a scene.

‘I don’t know. Depends on the schedule, I’m looking forward to it.’

‘Me too. Didn’t expect it to be that enjoyable’

‘Bye, Youhan!’ she says putting her hand on the doorknob.

‘Have a good day, Taeyeon-ah!’ he responds, his voice getting further.

 

Taeyeon opens the door, only to find Baekhyun looking at her with angry eyes. She froze in her spot. What surprised her was not the fact that he was there when she didn’t expect it at all, but his unwelcoming face. Never really imagined Byun Baekhyun could look like that.

‘Why didn’t you call me before coming?’ she asked as calmly as she could.

‘I wanted to surprise you and spend some time together. But all I got is you missing and being taken home by some rich dude. Who is he?’ Baekhyun’s voice was still calm and low, but it was obvious that he was a bubble of angriness that was about to boost.

‘Some family friend…’ Taeyeon said, getting a little angry herself at Baekhyun’s attitude.

‘Oh and why is he taking you on dates then?’

‘He doesn’t!!!’ she raises her voice ‘My sister’s music academy organized a singing show which my sister took part too so I went to support her.’

‘But what does HE do there then?’

‘Shut up and let me finish my story!! His sister is participating too, so he went with her. We’ve meet and talked since we know each other through our moms who are very good friends. At the end of the show I wanted to call the manager to take me from the event (I didn’t want to use my car because I feared some sasaeng is going to follow me and create unwanted incidents at the concert) but he offered to drive me home instead. That’s it!’

‘But why didn’t you response to my text?’

‘They asked me to turn off my phone during the show, Baek!’

Baekhyun calmed down a little seeing Taeyeon responding at his questions with so much precision. But he was still so doubtful and stressed, he wanted to let everything out.

‘And why did you go to Crush’s solo concert and didn’t tell me?’

Taeyeon looked at him in complete confusion, a slightly different reaction from the one about Youhan and Baekhyun couldn’t help but notice it.

‘Where did you hear this from?’

‘Just answer me, Taeyeon! Were you meeting someone else there? If it’s the case just tell me!’

‘Your accusation make me feel bad, Baek! I didn’t, I was just being dragged there by Tiffany!’

‘But how can you expect me to believe you when I found it out from strangers and not from you?’

‘What? How can you blame me for this when I know you went clubbing in Intaewon without telling me too?’

‘I’ve just hanged out with some of my members. And I left early anyway!’

‘Don’t you think I was jealous too? How do I know you didn’t hook up with some girls there, huh?’

‘But it’s a completely different situation. You knew I went with the members, but I’ve had no clue about the people you were there with or what you were doing!’

Taeyeon inhaled deeply trying to keep her calm, but she couldn’t.

‘You know what? I am sick of explaining myself. If you come here only to fight and accuse me, then get out of my ing house!’ she screams at him, becoming an angry mess herself.

Baekhyun looked at her not knowing what is better to do, but in the end, he made up his mind and left.

He was already too far away to be able to hear Taeyeon’s sobs.

 

He wouldn’t have liked to see her pretty eyes drowning in tears.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: *hides behind something* DON’T HATE ME! This is just for the sake of the plot and you know that!

Sorry for having such an update for Valentine’s, it is a pure coincidence, I swear!