Should I trust you?

Maybe we're just tied together...

A/N: I bet you guys even forgot about the existence of this fanfic. I was very busy with University and I didn’t update for a long time. Please read the last chapter if you don’t remember the storyline well.

 

 

 

If you were to go
If you were to leave
I don’t know how to send you away
It keeps hanging on my mind

 

Once again that song shakes Baekhyun up. It’s the song that anytime he hears, his heart stops beating.

That piano melody sounded heavenly and the emotions of that young voice were incredible, Baekhyun thought.

‘Ah, that little prank!’ he smiles to himself.

Jinhwan must have been practicing late in one of the practice rooms again.

After that night they first met, they come across each other numerous times, but they never exchanged more words than greetings. Still, Baekhyun grew fond of him during these times. He was a quite bright guy by the way he was getting along with the other trainees and he was very talented. Baekhyun would go to listen to him practice the song anytime he misses Taeyeon.

As he was walking down the hall trying to guess the room from where the music comes from, Baekhyun found himself in front of company’s Auditorium.

Oh, it seems that his competition is taking place right now. Baekhyun was torn whenever he should join the audition or not, but in the end he put on his black mask and entered.

Some of the trainees in the back flinched when they saw Baekhyun entering, but he made a sign to them to keep their silence.

As expected, Jinhwan was at his black piano singing his heart out. Baekhyun’s eyes wandered through the room, watching the envious eyes of the other trainees. Then he eyed the committee. Kangta, Jaewon, BoA, Kim Youngmin and even Lee SooMan himself were watching the little boy closely.

It was clear by the way BoA smiled how impressed she was with him. It was a good sign, he thought. Kim Youngmin was having his unimpressed face, but that’s how he is generally, so it was not something to worry about.

After Jinhwan finished, Baek clapped proudly. This is a contest wining performance, he thought.

Because he wanted to support the youngster, he decided to stay until the end of the show. Does he have anything better to do other than mourning over his love life loss anyway?

3 more trainees performed then the show took a 15 minute break.

 

‘You are all nervous, right?’

BoA appeared on the stage in her beautiful white dress. As expected, she was the one MCing this competition.

‘The committee and I already decided, so I won’t keep you waiting anymore…the winners are, in no particular order:

Han Onhyuk

Jo Yimin

And Lee Jinhwan.

Congratulations! The three of you made into the final audition for NCT’s next subunit.’

 

The room filled with the clapping sounds of the audience and happy screams as the three winners go up on the stage.

Baekhyun smiled proudly under his mask when he saw Jinhwan’s overwhelmed face expression. ‘This kid will make into the group, mark my words!

 

 

*

 

The show didn’t end for too long when Jinhwan was pacing back and forth on the big hall as if he’s waiting for someone.

That’s when Baekhyun saw him and decided to approach him.

‘Congrats, kiddo!’

‘S-sunbae!’ the boy says surprised at the star’s appearance.

‘You were so good there. Hope we will be colleagues in the future.’

‘I hope too. I am really grateful that you took your time to see me as well.’

‘No big deal.’ Baekhyun smiled encouraging. ‘I see you’re alone here. So am I…Mind going for a drink?’

Jinhwan didn’t look unhappy with Baekhyun words, but he spaced out a little.

‘You don’t want to?’

‘No…it’s just, I can’t, I am waiting for someone.’

‘Who that?’

‘Errr…’

‘It is a girl, right?’ Baekhyun smiled intuiting the reason why the youngster was again hesitating to answer.

‘Yes! I am waiting for my girlfriend!’

‘Whoa! Our little man even has a girlfriend. Kids these days!’

‘Didn’t SM…tell you to break-up with her?’ Baekhyun felt weird to ask this, but he was curious how did Jinhwan manage to get this far still having someone.

‘No…’

‘I remember SM did this to us, EXO members, when we debuted. But I didn’t have one so I wasn’t affected.’

‘Even if they tell me to, I won’t break up with her anyway.’

‘Even if it’s at risk you won’t debut?’

‘It doesn’t matter to me. Either they keep me with girlfriend and all, either they give me the boot. SM is not the only good company in this part of Asia anyway.’

‘Just by the way you’re talking you’re very confident. And you like your girlfriend a lot!’

‘I really do.’

‘Why? What is so special about her?’

‘Well, she is very pretty.’

‘And that’s it??’

‘No, of course not. She is also kind and very bold. She is not afraid to speak her mind. I like this about her, she is honest about herself.’

‘Oh, I see! She reminds me of my…’

 

Suddenly, a very young girl is seen running down the hall. Baekhyun noticed immediately how she was running to Jinhwan and how the boy opened his arms to welcome her.

 

At the sight, Baekhyun backed up a little from the two. He doesn’t want to ruin their moment.

 

The girl literally jumped into Jinhwan’s arms and he lifts her up effortlessly. Damn, strong guy we got there.

‘Hwang-ah, I knew you’re going to make it! I knew it! I am so happy for you…’ the girl says obviously overwhelmed by the whole situation.

 

Wait a second! That voice…

 

‘Thank you! I prepared something for you so we can celebrate together…’ the boy responded with a warm voice.

 

‘Ahyeon?’ Baekhyun said while turning to the young couple.

 

That girl, that girl was Ahyeon, she really was…

‘Oh, look who we have here…Byun CheatHyun!..Hwang-ah, why are you hanging out with this ?’

‘? What are you talking about?’ Jinhwan said confused of this whole situation. How in the world Ahyeon and Baekhyun know each other? And why she was talking so informal and rude to him?

‘Ahyeon…who brought you here?’

‘Is there a reason why I need to tell you?’

‘I ASKED WHO BROUGHT YOU HERE!!!’ Baekhyun screamed at her desperately.

‘Chill! No need to be like this. Unnie dropped me here some min...’

 

The girl didn’t even finish her sentence that Baekhyun started to run on the hall. There is a chance Taeyeon is still here, he should find her before it’s too late.

He run to the elevator but when he reached it, it was damaged. Without any second thoughts, Baekhyun started to run on the stairs. these 13 levels of building!

 

 

*

 

Taeyeon was in her car, still not finding any determination to leave SM’s parking lot. She finally listened to Ahyeon and drove her to the company to spend some time with that boyfriend of hers who is now a trainee and just won an important contest.

As horrible as this sound, she’s not happy with this situation at all. She knows that now Ahyeon will be even more stubborn in her wish to become an idol.

And more than that, she fears what will happen to her sister when the boy will actually debut. How hurt will she get when he’ll have to break up with her…how many sasaengs will haunt her because of the dating rumors they’ll have…Her sister is too young for this. She wants to protect her sister as much as she can.

 

But how can I protect her when I can’t even protect myself? She thought.

 

It’s about time she went to Junhyung’s restaurant, right? She called her parents and all her friend list, she did Tiffany’s nails, she took Ahyeon to the company…she did anything there is to do to delay this. And as the time goes by she finds less and less will to go. Selena Gomez’s ‘The heart wants what it wants’ started to play on the radio and Taeyeon turned it off. She doesn’t want to hear this right now. She doesn’t want to think of him.

 

‘TAEYEON-AHHH!’

 

Baekhyun’s voice rings through her ears and when she turns her head, she sees him running in her car’s direction!

 

Just when she saw him, she put the keys and the car. She didn’t want to see him. She doesn’t want to be shaken again by him.

 

‘Wait, Taeyeon, TAEYEON!’

 

She ignored him and drove the car to the exit. Desperately, Baekhyun thoughtlessly throws himself in front of her car.

Taeyeon stops the car as fast as her reflexes go, but was it…too late? His body fell on the ground under her eyes.

‘OH MY GOD, I HIT HIM!’

Taeyeon gets off the car and runs to his body. Her heart started to beat so fast...this can’t happen to him. This can’t happen to them. What will she do if Baekhyun gets hurt?

‘Baekhyun-ah!’ she called him with a desperate and sad voice.

 

‘Taeyeon-ah, if I die. Please tell EXO that I loved them all. Even if Kyungsoo plotted to kill me so many times before, tell him that I forgave him. And tell my parents and my bro that I love them too and that I want to leave my dog to Jongdae! Bye world!’

 

‘Get up now!’ Taeyeon says rolling her eyes.

And Baekhyun got up from the ground and dusted himself. He was left unharmed.

‘YAH! YOU SCARED ME TO DEATH! DON’T YOU EVER DO THIS TO ME AGAIN! OR ELSE I’LL KILL YOU FOR REAL!’

 

Taeyeon screamed and started to punch his chest lightly.

She didn’t stop hitting him when his long arms encircled her into a tight hug.

‘Taeng, you don’t know how adorable you are right now. I really missed this!’

‘I am not adorable!! LET ME GO…’ she said and broke the hug violently. ‘Now that you’re fine, I can leave.’

Oh my God, my heart went wild for a second! She thought.

 

‘Taeng!’

‘NO!’ she said while she turned her back to go to her car.

‘Taeng!’

‘N…’

 

Taeyeon was about to get in her car when Baekhyun slightly pushed her away and get in the car instead of her.

‘WHUT? What you’re doing???!!’She asks when he randomly closes the door on her.

‘It’s my car, you er! Get off!!’

Annoyed as hell, she runs to the other side of the car and gets in the passenger seat.

‘You better get off now or else…I’ll…I’ll…’ she says at the end of her patience.

‘You’ll what?’

‘Hmm…Slap you?’

‘Wow, I am sooo afraid!’ he lets out a laugh.

Taeyeon rolls her eyes at him. ‘God give me patience, cause if You gave me strength I might kill him!’

‘What do you want?’ she asks calmly this time, but the annoyance in her voice was still pretty much present.

‘I am spending time with my girlfriend, can’t I?’ he says coolly.

‘Good for you that you’re spending time with your girlfriend. You can go to her now!’

‘But why should I when she is here with me?’

‘What does IU do in my car though?’

‘Gosh, you’re so oblivious. I am not talking about IU, I am talking about you!’

Taeyeon is taken aback of the situation, but she was too mad to overthink.

‘Since when I am your girlfriend?’

‘Since when you aren’t?’

‘Well, I thought that ‘I hate you, I don’t want to see you ever again’ was clear enough that I am not your girlfriend anymore!’

‘And what if I said ‘no’? It takes two for a break-up after all!’

‘No, it doesn’t take two for a break-up. If I said I broke up with you, then I broke up with you. Now get off my car and let me breath!’

But instead of following her words, Baekhyun puts the keys in the contact and starts up the engine.

‘For God’s sake, Byun! What are you doing again?’

‘Kidnapping you, what else?’

‘Baekhyun, it’s not fun! Stop it already! I have an important meeting to attend!’

The guy rolls his eyes at her words.

‘Yeah, right, as if going to see your ‘sweetheart’ Junhyung is an ‘important meeting’!’

‘Who said I am seeing Junhyung?’

‘Don’t try to deny it, I already know for sure.’

‘How?’

‘I have my ways, honey!’ he winks at her.

‘Yeahhhh…sure!’

 

 

‘Don’t go to Junhyung!’ Baekhyun says bossily.

‘Hmmm…why wouldn’t I?’

‘Because you don’t love him.’

‘And who are you to say stuff like this?’

‘I am the one you love, Taeyeon.’

Taeyeon is left speechless. As much as she wants to cut this off with some sarcasm, she can’t. She can’t hide the fact that this is the truth.

‘Silence only means I am right!’

‘Gosh, you’re so cocky!’

‘I may be cocky, but I am also right!’

‘So what?’

‘So don’t go, that’s simple!’

‘You are too selfish, why you don’t want to see me happy?’

‘It’s because I want you to be happy, that’s why I don’t want you to go with him! You are not happy with him.’

‘Stop pretending you know what I feel and that you care for me.’

‘I care for you. A lot!’ he said in such a serious voice, Taeyeon could not take it as a joke.

‘But I don’t care about you anymore!’

‘That’s what your lips are saying, but your heart is saying something else.’

‘N…’

‘You say that you don’t care. But each night you think how much you miss my warm embrace. And each morning, you wake up waiting for me to write you. And everytime you hear about me, your heart clenches in pain.’

Taeyeon was taken aback because of his words because they were scarily true.

‘And how would you know that?’ she asks.

‘Because that’s what I am feeling about you…’

‘Why would I believe you? If you cared for me as you say you wouldn’t go to her?’

‘To IU. I swear I have no feelings for her whatsoever.’

‘That’s your loss then. Dropping someone ‘you care about’ for someone you have no feelings for.’

‘But I didn’t drop you.’

‘You are so frustrating, the moment you slept with her you dropped me. Isn’t it obvious enough? I can’t believe I am wasting my time listening to your bull!’

‘Wow, who said I slept with her?

‘You were in just your boxers...’

‘Because I was just out of the shower...’

‘And what she was doing in your bed then?’

‘When I heard knocks on the door, I said ‘Get in!’ thinking she is an EXO member who wouldn’t mind seeing me almost . It was just a coincidence.’

‘So if you didn’t sleep with her…but why is this whole scandal a thing then?’

‘Because Moon Lovers’ rating in Korea and the producers wanted to create hype for it when it starts to air in China.’

‘Oh…’

‘It was all fake, Taeyeon. It was all made up.’

‘What about the photos? The articles? What happened?’

‘See this photo?’

Baekhyun showed her a photo after searching a little in his phone. ‘This was the first photo of the main article. Sure, we were together on the filming set, but Junki was with us too. He was cropped out of the picture to make it seem like it’s a moment of IU and I. It wasn’t!’

‘Then the second photo was just us rehearing. The PD called us for a shot that we should hug and then IU grabbed me. I didn’t find it weird at the time.’

‘And the last one, she was in our parking lot. It was the exact same day you ‘caught’ us. It was the only day she was there. Ask any EXO member.’

Taeyeon was just so…speechless. She couldn’t believe anything. She wanted to believe him but…

‘What about the couple bracelets?’

‘This bracelet was a gift from Xiumin and Chen for my Birthday last year. Look, it has C*heart*B*heart*X written on the inner part. IU bought an identical one, but I am pretty sure it has nothing written on it.’

Taeyeon was just standing there trying to gasp all the things she found out.

 

‘Look, Taeng. Be honest now! I always come in as early as I could when I was filming and I rarely went out those weeks. It was mostly with my members or Heechul. And, since when I like going to high brand restaurants. For God’s sake. Don’t you know me at all? Don’t you trust me at all, Taeng?’

‘I used to…but stop guilt tripping me like you wouldn’t have been the same if you caught me in a room with a guy, almost .’

‘Well…’

‘Why didn’t you come and tell me all this, then? Why did you hesitate like this?’

‘You know, IU is a hell of a scary person. And her manager threatened me so badly…’

‘What did they do?’

‘They said they can make the producers of the drama to stop paying me and SM for the profit Moon Lover makes in China. They said they’ll ruin my reputation firing iljin rumors…they said..’

‘They said…’

‘They have evidence on us and they’re not afraid to use it and ruin your reputation…’

‘Wow, I can’t believe IU is such a person.’

‘She hates you a lot, Taeng!’

Silence.

 

‘So…’

‘So what?’

‘What are we meant to do now?’

‘Just give me some time, ok? I need some time to gasp all this…’

‘What time? Time to go to your dear’s Junhyung celebration?’

‘Yes! I should go to ‘my dear’ Junhyung’s celebration. He is my boyfriend now and I promised.’

‘What can you do?’ Taeyeon says this bossily.

‘Don’t forget I am the one at the wheel, missy!’ he said and fired the engine of the car.

In no time, their car was on the road.

‘Really now? Where are taking me to?’

‘You’ll see!’ he said and smile.

 

Taeyeon was so damn confused. Why does she trust him so much? Why does she believe his story? And why is she going with him now without protesting. Is she that whipped for this jerk? It seems that she is…But even if trusting him will lead to her destruction, she at least knows that she followed her heart.

Their car ride was rather short. Baekhyun parked Taeyeon’s car in the underground parking lot of a building.

‘Where are we, Baek?’ she asks once again.

‘You’ll see, just trust me!’ he says.

They took the elevator to the 9th floor. They walked down a hallway, they seemed to be in a block of flats…

Baekhyun had the keys for one of the rooms. He opened the door.

‘Ladies first…’ he says as Taeyeon hesitantly enters the room.

Taeyeon’s jaw drops instantly.

‘Is it…?’ she says shocked.

‘Yeah…’

‘It’s the apartment I wanted to buy for the two of us. How did you know?’

‘That day when you caught IU and I, you left the magazine there and I saw that you wrote that you wanted this one.’

Taeyeon was still amazed.

‘I bought it instead.’ Baekhyun continued. ‘So we can stay here when we make up.’

Baekhyun expected Taeyeon to be happy and hug him, but instead he saw tears in her eyes.

‘Why are you crying?’ he said as he hugged her.

‘Because I am grateful, that’s all!’

‘Don’t cry, let’s just be happy for this moment!’

‘You’re right!’ Taeyeon said as she started to scan around the room. ‘I am really excited to see the rest of it!’

Taeyeon went through all the rooms of the apartment. And it was everything she wished for.

‘Those walls are too plain tho, we should hang some photos and some of my drawings there.’ She said.

Baekhyun nodded. He was silently watching her as she was walking around like a happy kid.

‘We should buy a new couch too…Hmm…we need some flowers there. Ah..And this place is great for Zero’s dog house!’

 

 

‘I am hungry!’ she said after pacing back and forth for almost an hour. She was so happy, she couldn’t stay in place.

‘I have no food there, but we can order it!’ Baek said.

After they ate, Taeyeon discovered how Baekhyun took some her clothes here. She left some clothes at his dorm in case she stays with him over the night. He bought those clothes there, she was very moved.

 

Taeyeon finished her shower and changed into the clothes. Baek was waiting for him on top of their huge bad.

‘Come here!’ he said and she climbed the bed near him.

Baekhyun hugged her so tightly, she was out of breath.

‘I missed you so bad, Tae!’

‘I missed you too!’

‘Promise me, promise me that you will trust me with everything from now on. No matter how ridiculous it sounds, just trust. I love you more than you would ever know!’

‘I trust you, Baek! I do!’

‘Let’s sleep now, we are both very tired!’

‘Good night, babe!’

‘Good night!’

And Baekhyun turned off the lamp on their nightstand as the darkness washed over them.

 

 

 

Jinhwn is actually Hwang, Ahyeon’s boyfriend.

I hope you weren’t bothered by me introducing them as characters. Honestly speaking, Ahyeon is my favorite character in this fanfic. So she will appear from now on as well.

 

And Baekyeon finally made-up. But it’s not over yet!

Please anticipate, guys! And if you still support my story then please comment, I really need it!