I'll take you to the Moon

Maybe we're just tied together...

Moonlight was creepying through the curtains of Baekhyun’s bedroom. The subtle rays were lighting up Taeyeon’s sleeping face and Baekhyun couldn’t help but look at her with adoration in his eyes. She wanted to spend time with him so bad, she didn’t hesitate to come to his place, even if she knew she is very tired from the day in the dance practice room. She promised she will wait for him until he takes a shower, but when he come back she was already asleep in his bed.

‘Why do I always have to hurt you, Kim Taeyeon?’ He asked himself as he brushed his fingers through her hair and tuck it behind the ear. He was suddenly falling into deep thoughts. His chest was heavy.

Taeyeon moved her cute nose in disturbance and Baekhyun slightly backed away understanding that he bothered her sleep.

‘You really can’t sleep, don’t you?’ Taeyeon says voicelessly as she opens her eyes.

Baekhyun didn’t answer her and just cuddled her next to him. He kissed her forehead lightly, just enough for her to feel the gentle touch of his lips.

‘You won’t be able to memorize those steps tomorrow if you stay awake and keep staring at me!’ Taeyeon said with a little smile in the corner of . He loved to tease Baekhyun like this.

But Baekhyun didn’t react, he just looked at her thoughtfully, then at the moon rays that were filling the room.

They both rested in silence, it was something about this night’s aura. The light through the curtains was so bright, they never saw it like this before.

Suddenly Taeyeon stood up from the bed and pulled the curtains aside to see the moon properly. Fortunately, the view of the room was in a less populated area, so the city lights didn’t take away from the full moon that was shining on the sky, more powerfully than usual.

‘Beautiful!’ She whispered to herself amazed at the sight.

She suddenly felt Baekhyun warm hand encircling her waist in a back hug.

‘But not as beautiful as you, Taeyeon-ah!’ he murmured into her ear.

Shivers were sent on Taeyeon’s spine at his words, his breathing lingering on the side of her neck.

She doesn’t understand how Baekhyun can make her feel like this. Only from some words, words that she hears all the time, words that are so typical for her to hear all time from so many people. But why everytime Baekhyun tells them, they feel so damn special? Like it’s the first time she ever heard them?

‘I thought we are already over the cheesy stage of our relationship.’ She said, wanting to hide how much of an effect he has on her.

‘You know I will never be over the cheesy stage of your relationship, right?’

Baekhyun could see right through her. He knew Taeyeon would act annoyed everytime he says things like these. But he knows just as well that she is anticipating it anytime. He takes pleasure in telling them and so she does hearing them, so what use is there in stopping?

He slowly brushed his lips on her neck. Taeyeon’s eyes widen from the sensual feeling that took over her.

He kissed her neck. Softly.

Then another kiss…and another. He attacked her neck with little wet kisses.

‘B..Baek…’

Taeyeon moaned when she felt his hands getting into her PJ shirt. She had nothing underneath and his hands felt cold on her bare skin when her body was burning like flames. She closed her eyes and threw her head back, letting Baekhyun taste more of her neck and exposed collarbone.

He forcefully turned her around and got face to face with her. Her heart was about to pump out of her chest when he claimed her lips, kissing her like he yearned for it since God knows when.

She was so into it, she didn’t even know when she started sinking in the sheets of his bed. He watched her with a smirk on his face, then climbed on top her as an animal ready for his pray. As much as he wanted to take it slow, the look in her eyes while waiting for him there, helpless, were awaking all the senses inside him.

As he lined his face to hers to kiss her again, her index finger met his lips halfway and he stopped.

‘What’s wrong?’ he asked a little surprised.

‘Baekhyun…’ she said, biting her lower lip and avoid his piercing stare ‘What about…ugh... your members?’

‘My members?’

Baekhyun took a while to realize what Taeyeon meant. They were in EXO’s dorm after all, Kyungsoo’s room was exactly near his, he could easily hear everything they do.

‘Who cares about them? They must be asleep by now!’ he says, lifting Taeyeon’s shirt up to her mounds.

‘But…’

 

‘OH SEHUN I SWEAR IF YOU LET YOUR LITTLE HAIRY CREATURE POOP IN THE LIVING ROOM ONE MORE TIME I’LL…I’LL…’ Kyungsoo was screaming on the hall.

‘I was going to pick that up tomorrow!’ Sehun defends himself. ‘And that little’s hairy creature name is Vivi. Ok?’

‘Aish! Go and clean it, you lazy !’

‘What use? You cleaned it with your socks already.’

That reply caused Chanyeol’s deep and loud laugh to echo through the dorm.

‘DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!’ Kyungsoo exploded on Sehun and Chanyeol who were laughing at his anger.

‘Y’all shut up, won’t you? You woke everyone up!’ Suho voice cuts them off harshly.

‘Whatever!’ Grumpy Kyungsoo says as the sound of a cracking door is being heard shortly after. He probably entered his room, Taeyeon and Baekhyun thought.

‘You should go clean that poop though! Sehun, when will you train your dog to poop in its ing sandbox?’ Suho scolds the maknae.

 

 

‘Ugh..told you!’ Taeyeon says as she puts her PJ shirt back into its place. ‘Let’s just sleep, B!’

Baekhyun frowns, but he follows her words and gets off her without other objection. He knows well how Taeyeon dislikes other people to know about their ‘business’ and never liked to display too much affection to him when they are in EXO’s dorm, cause she knows how annoying would it be if all the members would be like Baekhyun and take their girlfriends there to do so.

He took his position near her in bed and hugged her closely again. Taeyeon was disappointed as hell too, she couldn’t lie, she yearned for him just as much.

‘You know what, Tae? Sometimes I wish we lived together…just the two of us…’

Taeyeon was very surprised at Baekhyun’s words. Because that’s what she has been thinking for a while too, but she was too afraid to talk about it with him. If there is something that she learned through her relationships it’s that boys hate commitment. They hate to get too close, to invest too much. But Baekhyun…was he really different?

‘Me, too, Baek…’ she finally said as she placed her head on his chest pouting.

‘When I was a little boy…’ he confessed ‘I wanted to live my life with my wife in my grandma’s chalet. That was my life goal!’

‘After that…I wanted to be a football player and live somewhere in Barcelona in a house with a beach, just like Messi!’

Taeyeon buried her head in his chest and laughed lightly at his story. She remembered how funny he sounded on that pre-debut blog of his, when he wrote about wanting to be a football player.

‘But then I realized I at playing football and I am too short for sports in general. So I gave up and I moved onto singing. I dreamed to become a jazz singer in a famous café in Gangnam.’

‘Why did you become an idol then?’

‘Because I was too lazy to go to Art School, I wanted to debut fast.’

‘And how did you know you won’t end up training for longer than a school might last?’

‘I said that if I join a smaller company, I will debut for sure. But surprisingly, no small company picked me up in their audition.’

‘And SM did. I am just so happy you ended up in my company, Baek!’

‘Me too…but that wasn't my point. After being an idol for a while, I started to think more and more of my first dream. Now, I just want to live freely and peacefully somewhere quiet…with you. Without all the pain in the that idol life is, just the two of us…’

Taeyeon was so surprised, she never could imagine Baekhyun had these thoughts. She was so moved, it was the first boy to ever talk with her about this. And she could feel he was genuine about it.

‘Let’s run away! Just like our grand grandparents used to do in the past. Steal me away from here and let’s go!’ she said.

Baekhyun laughed at her cuteness, not taking her boast of sincerity as being serious.

‘As much as I’d like to, I can’t be that selfish and take you away from the other people that love you. Aaaaand you have a comeback in two weeks, Missy.’ He says, covering both of their bodies with a big white blanket.

‘You !’ she punched his solid chest.

‘I know, let’s sleep now!’

Baekhyun kissed her, marking their last kiss for that day.

They both closed their eyes, the curtain letting the moonlight to wash all over them.

 

‘SEHUN-AH, DIDN’T YOU CLEAN THAT POOP?’

 

 

 

*

 

Tiffany was searching for Taeyeon like crazy. She wasn’t picking up her phone and they planned on going to shopping together that day.

She was in the room Taeyeon practices for her solo, but there was no trace of her. It looked like she had left the room already.

‘I bet she went to see Baekhyun, that’s why isn’t picking up either!’ Tiffany said to herself, as she was impatiently walking to the music room. She knew for sure CBX was recording a new OST that day, Taeyeon must have been there too. She always likes to come by when Baekhyun is recording so she would cheer for him or even advice him on stuff (she used to do it even when they weren’t a couple).

 

As she reached the music recording room, Tiffany saw Baekhyun in the crack of the door. She wanted to enter the room and greet him, but then she realized he was talking on the phone. Taeyeon wasn’t with him, it seems, but he might know where she is, so Tiffany waited for him to finish his conversation on the hall, she didn’t want to disturb.

‘No, no, I didn’t forget about it! Don’t worry!’ he said.

It’s not like Tiffany wanted to eavesdrop on purpose, but it was inevitable. It’s not like she is interested in his business anyway.

‘Ahhh…Taeyeon? Of course I broke up with her already…’

Yeah, I almost finished practicing, I can come to you now.’

Tiffany put her hand over when she heard it. Did he…break up with her? She never knew. But…Taeyeon didn’t tell her anything about it, how in the world? It can’t be. It really can’t be.

‘I’ll be there! Goodbye!’

Shocked by Baekhyun’s words and hearing how he finished his conversation, Tiffany makes steps from the door and after a considerable distance, she starts to literally run down the hall. Did she just…discover Baekhyun lying about his relationship? Did he see her eavedropping? What to do??

As she was running, she bumped into someone.

‘Oh, excuse me!!…Taeng!?’

‘Fany? Where have you been? I was at the toilet, and then I heard from the staff that you’re searching for me…’

Tiffany didn’t respond to her and just breathe exhaustingly after her race.

‘You ok?’

‘Yeah, I am! Let’s go!’ Tiffany says as she drags Taeyeon to the exit.

‘Fany-ah, I think I’ll go see Baek first, just wait for me in the car, ok?’

Tiffany’s pupils dilated when she heard that. How can she let Taeyeon see him knowing what he had just said?

‘No, no, no! The stylist is waiting for us already. We can’t make her wait like this!’

‘Just a second, we were in the same building, but I didn’t see him today at all!’

‘No, it’s late Taeng! Don’t be disrespectful! Let’s go!’ and Tiffany grabbed her and forced her to the exit once again.

 

In the end, Taeyeon followed Tiffany to the car without seeing Baekhyun.

 

*

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany finished shopping a while ago and they are  now at the dorm. Tiffany was admiring the clothes she had just bought, while Taeyeon was standing on the big sofa of the living room, concentrating on the magazine she was reading.

‘Don’t you think this pink dress looks fab on me?’ Tiffany says very happy with her lastest acquisition.

‘Yeah, Fany, you look very pretty!’ Taeyeon responds without even taking her eyes off the magazine.

Tiffany sees this and rolls her eyes at her friend who didn’t seem to give a damn about what she tells her.

‘Did they write something interesting on us?’ Tiffany asks, curious on what made her friend so absorbed.

‘Uh…no, it’s not a gossip magazine.’

‘What’s it then?’

‘It’s a magazine with all the available apartments in Gangnam.’

‘Really? Why would you search for apartments in Gangnam?’

‘I want to move in with Baekhyun.’

Tiffany gasps loudly in surprise. And it didn’t come off as some excited reaction.

‘Don’t worry, I won’t stay there all the time. Only when we both have the time. I’ll still be around for us to spend time together.’ Taeyeon finishes and starts reading the magazine again.

‘Wait, wait wait….’ Tiffany says after she recovers from the initial shock ‘Does he know you want to buy an apartment to live together?’

‘No…it’s a surprise…’ The blonde one answers, her voice getting excited just at the thought of them living together.

‘Didn’t you think that maybe he doesn’t want it? Guys are like this, he might not like it.’

Tiffany couldn’t believe her ears. It was obvious Baekhyun lied about breaking up with her just some hours ago. And her crazy in love friend plans on moving with him…that’s so…sad.

Should she tell her about that she heard in the music recording room? Or shouldn’t she? What if it’s all a misunderstanding? But she can’t let her baby get hurt by that jerk. What to do? What to do? What to do?

‘Baekhyun is different, Fany-ah! He said he would like to move with me. He’ll be happy with my surprise, I am sure of this!’

‘Why are you so naïve, Tae? You weren’t like this when you were younger…’

‘What do you mean?’

‘He said he would like it so he can have your body everytime he wants it. He isn’t thinking of how awesome living with you will be.’

‘Fany…’

‘That’s the truth! Why are you so blind, Taeyeon-ah? What is so special about him that you want to even settle with him?’

‘What’s wrong with you? Seriously!?’ the blonde one says very annoyed.

 

‘NOTHING!’ Tiffany raises her voice and exits the room.

What to do? What to do?

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon’s discord only lasted until dinner. Obviously, neither of them could stay mad at the other for too long. Tiffany still kept on acting weird and it didn’t go unnoticed to Taeyeon. But she knew very well that when something is bothering Tiffany, she would be unnecessarily impulsive. So she brushed it off and waited for everything to come back to normal like it always does.

Not a second did she think of canceling her plans with moving in with Baekhyun. Why would she?

 

*

 

‘JAGIIIYAAA!!!’ Taeyeon screams at the phone in an aegyeo boast. ‘You happy now?’

‘Very…’ he says while laughing hard.

‘Ugh, I hate you! If you ever make me do aegyeo on the phone again I’ll strangle you.’

‘Why? You are too adorable, Taeng!’

‘Aaaaaanyway…I am going to practice now. What about you?

‘Still in my dorm. I am having a free day.’

Taeyeon smiled widely at his answer.

Some knocks on the door can be heard by Taeyeon through the phone.

‘It must be one of these rare days Jongdae actually knocks on the door…’ Baekhyun says.

‘Errrr…I’ll call you in the evening, ok? I have to go now!’ Baekhyun cuts the conversation abruptly.

 

Taeyeon didn’t seem to mind though. She was just a few meters away from EXO’s dorm right now. Yeah, she lied to him about starting the practice. But it wasn’t that much of a big deal, she really really wanted to see him today since it was his free day. She had to throw a tantrum to Rino, the female choreographer to let her leave and she regrets getting the poor girl in trouble with the company. She promised herself she’ll make up to her somehow.

 

She parked her car in EXO’s hidden parking lot. She was so impatient to meet him, she was about to forget the bags in the car. Before going there, she shopped for something delicious to bring to him and s.

Taeyeon ringed the bell and Sehun opens up for her.

‘Noona?’

‘Sehun-ah! You’re looking..ugh…what’s that brown thing on your T-shirt?’

‘Kyungsoo threw Vivi’s poop at me when I was sleeping on the sofa and I didn’t have time to change…You’re welcome!’

Taeyeon starts laughing. ‘Vivi still didn’t learn to poop in its sandbox, did it?’

‘No, unfortunately.,.’

‘Where is Baekhyun?’

‘He must be in his room…I don’t know.’ Sehun answers. ‘Anyway, you know to go there.’

‘Of course!’ she said handing him one of the bags. ‘I bought some cake for you and the other guys. Enjoy!’

Taeyeon smiles and leaves for Baekhyun’s room.

 

‘Yeeeyyy!’ Sehun silently says after she distances a little. He loves Taeyeon so much, anytime she visits she is careful to bring something to them. She is by far, his second favorite EXO girlfriend. Of course, the first place is reserved for when he’ll have one for his own.

 

Taeyeon found herself in front of Baekhyun’s room. The excitement on her face washed away when she saw it, that pair of high red heels just in front of the door.

She felt like her breathing stopped in her neck. Her heart started to beat fast and she opened the door with trembeling hands.

Taking a look in the room, she was so shocked, the bag she had in her hand dropped. The oranges she had in the bag started to roll on the floor…together with the magazine she was reading that day on the sofa…

 

 

 

A/N

It’s been a long time I didn’t post, isn’t it?

I am so so sorry that I made you all wait for so long.

I recently reached 100 subscribers and I am very happy and thankful for all of you that supported me through it and enjoyed my story! I put a lot of care and love into it.

I was very busy with University these months. I don’t plan on giving up on this story tho. I like to write to you from time to time.

Anyway, I would appreciate if you give me some feedback on the story. It would motivate me to write more and update faster.