My sweet winter child

Maybe we're just tied together...

‘This is so beautiful!’ Taeyeon screamed and then started to jump around like a little girl, trying to catch snowflakes in .

Baekhyun was watching her from the side smiling. He was happy himself seeing Taeyeon’s child-like happiness.

One month ago when he went to Taeyeon’s concert backstage, he promised her he’ll take her on a great date. Since it was their first one, he really wanted to be something worth remembering, but he had no idea what he should do, especially that being public persons eliminates a lot of possibilities from the list. She likes amusement parks. But they can’t go. She likes musicals. But they can’t go. This is his first relationship since becoming a top star and he just realized how hard is to go on a date with this kind of status. Of course, most of the celebrities have car or hotel dates, but Baekhyun is too ambitious for that. There is literally nothing they can do, especially in a hectic city like Seoul. But fortunately, a bell rang in his head.

He phoned her a day before to prepare some thick clothes and at the first hour in the morning they hit the road to the mountains. He didn’t take her in a conventional, populated place, he knew she would hate it and honestly he would have hated it too. So he took her to a lonely chalet in the middle of nature.  

 Even if the chalet was old and not fancy at all, it had a touching backstory. It was built by his grandfather when he was young and used as a love nest for him and his wife, Baekhyun’s grandmother. As the grandfather took care of the building process and the exterior, he let the grandmother to design the interior. And it tuned out beautiful, they loved this place and felt like it was their rightful home. When old, Mr. Byun died and Mrs. Byun moved from the noisy Bucheon to the chalet definitively and stayed there until she was moved to the hospital and gave her life too.

After the death of the couple, Baekhyun’s aunt, Minjoo took over the place. She was the one that took care of the grandmother when she got sick in her last years and ended up falling for one of the locals, getting married in the nearest village from there. She renovated the place in her attempt to make the chalet into a family business and it worked well for around 3 years but ever since a big hotel was built not so far from there, the business didn’t work that well, so she gave up on it. Now Baekhyun called her and asked her to prepare the chalet for him and for his ‘friend.’

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun feels a snowball hitting him hard in the chest area.

‘Yah! Why stay there like a statue and not play with me?’ Taeyeon’s high pitched voice fills his ears.

‘Do you really want me to play with you?’

‘Yeah!’

‘Ok!’ and he started to roll up a big snowball looking at her with a playful glare.

He was rolling it masterfully when he feels yet another hit from Taeyeon.

‘Yah!’ he says and throws the big snowball at her. She starts running excitingly and ends up giggling when she saw the snowball missed her.

‘You !’ Taeyeon says with a huge smile on her face.

‘I will show you then!’ and comes at her with a determinate expression on his face, ready to drag her through the snow just like high school boys try do to the girls they’re crushing on.

Realizing it all, Taeyeon lets out a pitchy noise and starts running for her life. Baekhyun starts to chase after her. Of course, he would have caught her right away, but he chased her a little for the sake of the game. Taeyeon was laughing and screaming like a little kid whenever he was close. When he thought it’s enough with the teasing and was about to yank her and teach her a lesson to not make fun of his snowball fighting skills, she smartly trip him and make him fall in the pure white snow.  Seems like he can never win to Taeyeon!

With the back on the ground, he feels her covering him with snow laughing excitingly. She likes playing in the snow so much, she doesn’t remember last time she did. It felt like it was childhood all over again.

‘You are such a weakling, Baek!’ she says continuing to attack him joyfully.

‘Says who, huh?’ he murmurs and he drags her by the coat, making her fall gently on top of him.  She lets out a surprised scream and tried to get up quickly, but he blocked her.

‘What should I do to you now?’ he says in a lustful tone and flips them over, with Taeyeon underneath him.

Taeyeon closes her eyes ready for her inevitable punishment. But instead of cold snow, her face met Baekhyun’s warm lips.  He started to shower her with butterfly kisses all over the face, teasingly missing her lips. Her cheek, her forehead, her eyelid, her jaw, he didn’t miss any spot, tasting her soft skin and wetting it with his kisses. Taeyeon was enjoying Baekhyun’s sudden display of affection and lust and desperately wanted his lips to capture hers. But as expected, he was playing with her, making her want it more and more. Her punishment.

Not being able to bear with him anymore, she makes the first move and tries to smash her lips to his, but failing.

‘Someone is inpatient, I see!’ he smirks ily and finds her lips, them a little and then kissing them eagerly. And if this wasn’t enough to pleasure the little impatient Taeyeon, he bit her lower lip and slipped his tongue inside her wet cavern, starting to hungrily taste the sweetness of . Their tongues danced together with Baekhyun’s dominating; Taeyeon felt her whole body burning, in opposition to her back that it was almost freezing from the snow it was sitting on.  She never imagined making out in the snow to be this hot, it was overwhelming. He was overwhelming.

‘I think we should stop now!’ he finally pulled away, his breathing running unevenly from the passionate kiss.

She knew he was right, it was getting ridiculously intense, but she felt like she didn’t want to let him go.

He got up and helped her to get up too, they were both full of snow, but they didn’t mind as their beating hearts were warming them up.

‘Do you want to go inside and find something to eat?’ he asks.

‘No, not yet. Let’s build a snowman first!’ she says, back to her kid mode.

‘A snowman?’

‘Yeah, what’s so weird about it? I used to build them every winter with my sister. ‘

‘Ok, let’s do it then!’

They started to roll big snowballs and slowly building the body and the head. They’ve also found some pebbles for the eyes, nose and mouth and a branch for one arm. He thought it was childish, but it made her so happy that he didn’t mind at all.

‘Cha!’ Baekhyun says when they put the final pebble on its face. ‘If we worked a little more on it, it could have reached your height!’ he continues teasingly.

Taeyeon slaps his arm lightly.

‘Don’t be annoying! I am waaay taller than that, plus, you’re a midget too!’

‘Midget? I am at least 10 cm taller than you!’

‘That’s because you’re a guy, obviously. You’re a midget compared to other guys.’

‘Yeah, but I have the perfect height for you to burry your head in my chest!’

Taeyeon reminds silent for a second.

‘Actually, I‘ve never thought about that, you’re right!’

‘See, everything in this world is for a reason, even my short height!’

‘You’re so cheesy!’ she says hugging him from the side lovingly.

‘Should we name the snowman?’ he asks.

‘I don’t know. Should we?’

They remain silent a little, contemplating.

‘I know!’ she says loudly, breaking the side hug. ‘Let’s name him Kim Young Min!’

Baekhyun starts laughing at her cute reaction. ‘Why Kim Young Min?’

‘Because I can do this to him.’ And she hits the snowman’s head angrily, causing it to fall on the ground and break.

‘Whoa, I didn’t know I have such an aggressive girlfriend!’

‘I didn’t know either, I didn’t want to smash his head, but Kim Young Min gets the worst from people around him as usual.’

‘You’re still mad at him for coming up with fake dating thing, right?’

‘How could I not? It gave me such a headache, being witch hunted over and over for petty stuff. And then it was you…’

‘I am fine, noona, you worry too much! Is all in the past now!’ he started to caress her back and she buries her head into his chest. He was right, it fits her height perfectly. Like it was meant to be.

‘Let’s build another head for Kim Young Min and go eat something inside! It seems like a snow storm will come!’ he finally says.

 

 

It was around midnight, the snowy and windy storm outside was hitting the windows angrily, while the couple was being safe and warm, cuddling in the bed with hot chocolate cans in their hands. Taeyeon felt so comfortable in Baekhyun’s arms, she couldn’t believe it herself. It felt so welcoming, so right…There wasn’t much talking going on, but it wasn’t awkward at all, which was again surprisingly because usually Baekhyun’s mouth has no filter. He was just living the moment. He thought that the one time he took her to EXO dorm will be the last time he’ll ever share a bed with Kim Taeyeon. But it wasn’t. It was just the first one. And he expects more other times like this to come, as many as possible. Who would have believed this will happen after all? How much he longed for it, how much he struggled and it’s actually happening. And he didn’t have to move mountains or reach for the stars.

 

He didn’t realize happiness was just few words away.

 

 ‘It’s so late!’ Taeyeon yawns.

‘Let’s go to sleep now, you must be tired from all the playing in the snow you did today!’

‘Right, but I’ve had a good time!’ she says closing her eyelids.

‘I’m glad! Good night, Taeyeon noona!’

‘Yah, stop calling me noona! Noona is what my 5 year old nephew calls me as!’

‘Good night, love!’ he says again, kissing her forehead; his actions painting her cheeks faint pink.

‘I love you, B!’ she finally murmurs, cuddling near him with her eyes still shut. She was on the verge of sleeping.

Her words made Baekhyun’s heart jump in joy. Did he hear it right? It’s not a dream, right? The girl he secretly loved for 3 years is falling asleep in his arms, whispering she loves him. Why is Kim Taeyeon doing this to him? How is he supposed to sleep now with so much happiness filling him?

 

 

Taeyeon woke up early that morning; it happens sometimes when she falls asleep late to end up getting up early instead. She slept so deeply, that when she opened her eyes she was confused where she was at for a second, but she was happy to find Baekhyun sleeping peacefully on the other side of the bed. It reminded her of the time she woke up with him on top of her in EXO dorm some time ago. It was creepy back then, but now she wouldn’t have minded it at all…Oh, well, she should stop having unholy thoughts so early in the morning. Turning to him, she had an urge to fluff his already messed up hair, he was as adorable as a puppy that begs to be cuddled. But she stopped herself so he would enjoy his sleep.

She got off the bed and went to the bathroom to do her morning routine, when she heard noise coming from the kitchen. Her heart stopped for a second. They are in an isolated place near a forest, what if some hungry bears infiltrated in the house? She opened the bathroom’s door and listened a little more when a strong noise popped out, followed by a girly voice letting out a mild swear. So there was a human there, Taeyeon thought and entered the kitchen more confidently.

A little girl, around 3 years younger than Ahyeon appeared in the sight. She was sweeping, when she saw Taeyeon and froze with the handle of the broom in her hand. She’s pretty, Taeyeon thought to herself.

‘Who are you?’ she asks the girl.

‘Err…’ the little girl find it hard to let out the words out of because of the shock ‘Han Heejin, miss, the daughter of this chalet owner!’

‘Ok, this makes sense! But why are you here?’

‘My mom put me to do the cleaning for you and my cousin.’

‘Your cousin?’ Taeyeon blinks in confusion.

‘Byun Baekhyun. He’s my cousin.’

‘Oh! I should have known, you have similar mouth shapes.’ Taeyeon said smiling. She remembered something about this from Baekhyun too. ’You should not bother with this, we haven’t enough time to mess up things here, maybe just that we left the hot chocolate cans unwashed. But I can deal with them myself. Why are you in charge of these things anyway, don’t you have a maid here?’

‘No, we don’t! The chalet wasn’t in the business for at least 2 years now.’

‘Aha!’ Taeyeon says. And after a break ‘You know, if you are still here, what about you go down in town and do the groceries for me. I don’t feel like going around trying to protect my identity from curious eyes. I will finish everything!’

‘Yes, miss!’

‘I will write you a shopping list, ok? Take care, Heejin-ah!’ And she sent the girl away.

Taeyeon was just finishing the sweeping when she heard a hard knock on the door. ‘Heejin must have come back’ she thought and opened the door, only to be welcomed by a middle aged woman, with short curly hair.

‘So it’s you!’ the woman said with obvious excitement in her voice, entering the house uninvited.

“Who are you?’ (formal)

 ‘I’m Han Minjoo, ex Byun Minjoo, Baekhyun’s aunt! I’ve come with your groceries.’

The young girl was watching the woman anxiously. A Baekhyun relative. Not a little girl, but a grown woman.  She now has to make a good first impression.

‘Sorry, I know you’ve sent Heejin to do the groceries but I did it instead so she will be in time for school.’ She says and puts the shopping bags on the table.

Seeing that Taeyeon only stays there awkwardly, Baek’s aunt wanted to leave.

‘’Have a good time here, Miss Kim T….’ she says heading to the kitchen’s door again, but Taeyeon stops her.

‘Mrs. Byun..I mean Han, can you help me out to cook some food for Baekhyun this morning?’

The woman stopped and turned to Taeyeon smiling.

‘I want to surprise him, but I am bad at cooking!’ the girl says with her head down, looking at her hands.

‘Don’t be so anxious around me!’ the woman comforts Taeyeon loudly ‘I am here to help you!’

‘O-ok!’ she says shyly.

‘Now, what can we cook for a good breakfast?’

 

Taeyeon and Minjoo were now sitting at a table and drinking some hot black coffee, while waiting for the food to bake completely. Mr. Han was talking nonstop, first about weather, then about Heejin, about her other family members, about her friends’ etc thing that didn’t surprise Taeyeon in the least, talkative must be a general term to describe a Byun. Taeyeon wasn’t bothered, but she kind of lost it at some point and just shook her head when she felt Mrs. Han was asking for her approval.

‘Taeyeon-ah?’ the woman says waking her up from her daydream.

‘Ne?!’

‘Sorry for getting here and bothering you like a curious ajumma that I am. But when Heejin told me you’re here I’ve really thought she’s trolling me. She wouldn’t have come here today at all, but she insisted cause we both thought Baekhyun must have bought some EXO members with him and as a fan she wanted to see them. I was so shocked to hear about you since I’ve always thought you and Baekhyun were fake dating. I was so curious to see you, that I’ve shamelessly come here instead of sending Heejin again.’

‘You don’t have to feel bad, Mrs. Han! You’re the owner of this chalet anyway. And you’re helping me too, I can just thank you!’

‘You’re a good girl, Taeyeon! I am glad you are getting along with our Baek! He’s immature sometimes, but he’s a nice kid!’

‘I know!’

‘So..you aren’t fake dating anymore?’

‘We are dating for real now...’

‘I am happy for you two, then. I am happy you come here too. You know, when Baekhyun was child, he used to come here to stay with his grandmother a lot. And she told him stories about her and her late husband, his grandpa I mean. Baelhyun was so fascinated about this place back then, that he sweared he will take his future wife here.’

Taeyeon let out an amused chuckle, surprising the elder one.

‘And how many girls did he take here?’

‘None. You’re the first one!’ Mrs. Han responds looking dead serious.

‘Oh!’ Taeyeon says feeling guilty for taking it as a joke.

‘Look, I know it’s ridiculous and please don’t take it as a promise or as a budern, but if he took you here, you must mean very much to him. ‘

Taeyeon looked like she fell in deep thoughts after Minjoo’s words. The microwave beeps crushing the silence that followed.

‘So, it’s done!’ Minjoo jumps from her chair.

 

 

Taeyeon enters the bedroom with a bed tray in her hand. Baekhyun was chilling on the bed, looking like he had just woken up.

‘You come, I was wondering where you are…and you took food too! OMG, Taeyeon, I love you!’ he says excitingly starting to jump on the bed.

‘Stop it, puppy!’ she says getting in the bed near him ’And let’s eat!’

‘How did you know I like seungchae? And how did you prepare it in the first place?’

‘It’s a secret!’ she says and winks, leaving him confused.

He knew something was fishy here, but not food. The food was delicious.

They were eating silently until a funny idea popped into Baekhyun’s head.

‘Noona! Feed me, juseyo!’

‘WHAT?!’

‘Feed me juseyo!’ and he pouts at her in the cutest way ever.

‘YOU! Be grateful I did the cooking!’ she says in an annoyed tone ‘And stop pouting!’

‘Why? You don’t like it?’ he says coming closer to her.

‘No! I hate it!’ she says pointing her spoon to his lips.

‘I know you are weak to my pout!’

‘Shut up and eat, ok?’ Taeyeon says even more annoyed. She doesn’t want Baekhyun to catch her weakness.

‘But won’t you feed me?’

‘Ok, fine!’ and she smashes a full spoon in his mouth.

 

 

 

 

It was evening when Baekhyun took Taeyeon to her dorm. Their little vacation was over and they were sad to send each other away. Baekhyun felt so blessed with these two days, he almost felt like dreaming. They were standing in front of her dorm, not wanting to say good-bye words.

‘You should go to your place now, B! Tomorrow both of us will start our usual program…’

‘I know! But just let me kiss you before leaving!’

‘There might be someone watching us…B-B?’

Baekhyun ignored her words and gave her a quick peck on the lips. It was sweet and simple, but both of them were left with the wish for more.

‘I’ll leave now, Taeyeon! Hope we’ll see each other in the practice room! Good night!’

‘Good night!’ and she finally enters the house.

She was all smiles, but it all disappeared when she saw Tiffany and Sunny looking at her judgmentally with their arms crossed. Tiffany was wearing her long pink bathrobe with her hair wrapped around a towel, while Sunny was wearing her short light blue PJs.

‘Oh, h-hey!’ Taeyeon greets and passes by them in her way to her bedroom, hoping they won’t be asking anything.

‘Don’t you even dare to run from us, Kim Taeyeon! Where have you been?’ Tiffany says in a jokingly mad manner.

The blonde one stops and looks at the other two in no respond.

‘It’s funny, we thought you were in your room all this time. Why don’t you want to tell us what happened?’

‘Let’s say, I was in a short vacation.’

‘Ok, we can understand that! But why were you kissing Baekhyun at the entrance then?’ Sunny asks again, making Taeyeon blush.

‘Errr…I..We..went to the mountains together, we are a couple now!’

Tiffany and Sunny turn to each other and start to scream.

Taeyeon takes the opportunity and enters her room unnoticed. She doesn’t want her two best friends to make a big deal out of it.

‘I’ve told it once and I will tell you in the future too. We won’t leave you alone.’ Tiffany says while entering Taeyeon’s dorm with Sunny. Taeyeon was starting to unpack the clothes she took in her luggage.

‘Tell us. What happened? How? When? Where? What did you do in the vacation?’ Sunny jumps on a tired and annoyed Taeyeon.

‘Halloween Party. He sang and confessed. We played in the snow and went sight-seeing.’ Taeyeon said with obvious disinterest.

‘OMG, Taeyeon, we’re so happy for you!’ Tiffany suffocating her bestfriend with a tight hug.

‘I am not happy tho!’ Sunny says.

‘Umg…why?’ Taeyeon and Tiffany ask in unison.

‘I now have to pay Chanyeol for the bet.’

‘What bet?’ Taeyeon asked confused.

‘The bet. We made bets with some EXO members on how long it will take for you to become a couple. That happened in like 2014. I put my money on 3 months, but Chanyeol said it will take more than a year considering Baekhyun's cowardness, I guess he won.’

‘What? You made bets on this?’

‘Why are you so shocked? Everybody knew you like each other and it will be a matter of time to get together.’

‘I can’t. Were we that obvious? Me especially. I don’t think I was that obvious…’

‘’Puppy, you did such a good job there!’ Tiffany imitates Taeyeon in a cringe-worthy aegyeo tone and then ruffs Sunny’s hair.

‘Bekki, I am alone in the recording studio. Don’t you want to come by and sing together?’ Sunny says this time with an even more cringer tone.

‘Why are you so shy? Your hands are finding my sides, but you never touch me more! I like it when you touch me!’  Tiffany continues.

‘Yeah! I never said that!’

‘But you were thinking that!’

‘How would you know that anyway?’

‘Your whole body was screaming it. Don’t blame us for observing the obvious!’

Taeyeon can’t win to Tiffany this time.

‘Aigoo, now I am the only single one in this dorm! It will be hell!’ Sunny says in a jokingly sad manner.  ‘How much time will pass before you’ll go around ‘My Baekki did this’, ‘My Baekki did that’? I tolerated Tiffany and her ‘KHUNNIEEE’ enough!’

‘Oh, please!’ Tiffany responds ‘It was not long time ago Taeyeon and I were drowning in loneliness and you were living that life. I guess the tables have turned now! Haha!’

‘Oh, please again!’ Taeyeon continues this time ‘It’s not like your Mr. Handsome wasn’t trying to flirt with you like 4 days ago! Don’t you even dare to make tantrums here!’

‘Ok, ok! I guess you’re right! But you still have to keep your mouths shut about your relationships unless I ask you!’

‘You’re going to win Mr. Handsome’s heart someday, Sun! Fighting!’ Taeyeon and Tiffany say and hug the short girl from opposite sides.

‘Guys?’ Taeyeon says when the girls were about to leave.

‘Huh?’

‘Don’t tell about my relationship to anyone, ok?’

‘Of course we won’t tell anyone!’ Tiffany says. ‘Except all the other members of course!’

‘Don’t you even dare Hwang Mi Young and Lee SunKyu!’

‘You can’t stop us, Kim Taeyeon!’

‘YAH!’ Taeyeon screams at them, but too late, they already left the room laughing.

She wanted to come after them, but she was stopped by the beep of her phone. Baekhyun must have arrived home. 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Sorry for the radom update last week. I forgot to mark the chapter as Draft. I am such an airhead!

I had this story in my head for a while, but I didn't have the time to post it. Hope you enjoy it, everyone! Thanks for all my subscribers!