Unexpected Crush Part II

Maybe we're just tied together...

As she opened her eyes widely, Taeyeon suddenly felt cold and covered herself with the blanket as much as she could. It’s no wonder since all she was wearing was underwear and a thin undershirt that she doesn’t even remember how she put on last night. It was the first minute of waking up and she already misses the warmth of Baekhyun’s body invading her whole being...She couldn’t believe the stage their relationship just got in.

When she first met Baekhyun, she didn’t think of a second that they would become lovers. She just heard his cry from the trainee room and went to check him up. Honestly, hearing trainees cry is not an uncommon thing. On the contrary, it happens quite often, especially when there are contests held to choose the members of new groups. If she happens to hear one of them crying, she usually would ignore them, even if it would make her feel bad for a moment. She is not the person to have time for things like this, nor the best person to comfort others. She doesn’t know what made her go over to him that night. Maybe because it was very late and she was curious who can be so dedicate to stay up to practice at that hour. Maybe she wanted to convince herself she is actually not that much of a miserable person. Or maybe…was it simply destiny? When she saw him, she thought that this is how a puppy must have looked like if it would be human. He was simply adorable with his messy hair and puffy eyes. Their conversation was awkward at first, but they picked it up, then as the night passed by, she got really emotional when talking about her struggles with her training and advising him about a lot of stuff, not only about performing skills, but about the industry and…she really was talkative, which it doesn’t happen with strangers at all. She liked him because she felt so open to talk about everything around him. She noticed how good of a conversation keeper he was and she loved that. The apparent good sense of humor was a plus too. But she didn’t think of him as a potential lover, just as someone she would like to mentor. She had never seen herself in the position of being a mentor, not even being Ahyeon’s mentor (even if she knew that deep down, Ahyeon sees her as someone like that), but she felt like this guys is such a talented kid and she would like to help him as much as she can.

First time this thought crossed her mind was when TaeTiSeo started to film for Twinkle MV. She was happy that he was one of the new boys chosen to act in the MV. They didn’t have the chance to talk to after that night in the practice room, just greet each other when they met in SM’s Building. She was curious if she’ll have the same good impression about him in the daylight. She was just finishing with her outfit and make-up, when she saw him walking down the hall nervously. Taeyeon greeted him cheerfully and he froze in his spot automatically. It took him some seconds to respond, he was shy and she could help but find it cute. After the initial shyness he started to talk about how this is his first time on an MV filming set, that he can’t wait to film the MV of his debut song and cracked a joke about Lee Sooman and Kim Youngmin that made her laugh. She would have chatted with Baekhyun way longer as both seemed to enjoy each other's company but then Tiffany and Seohyun called her out to go filming.

‘You seem to get along with the new guy. You’re eying that fresh meat, I see!’ she remembers Tiffany telling.

‘Whuuut?’ Taeyeon looked at her surprised, then feeling her cheeks getting pinky.

‘Aigoo! I sense the chemistry already!’ Tiffany says.

‘It’s true, unnie! You smiled prettily all the time you talked to him! That’s quite rare of you!’ Seohyun says.

‘You!’ she turned to Seohyun ‘Since when you’re taking Tiffany’s part?

‘I don’t know...I just tell the truth when is due.’ The maknae answers innocently.

‘He’s just some little debutee kid, guys, what the hell are you implying? Like...’ Taeyeon says getting all defensive.

When she finished talking, Tiffany and Seohyun gave her an awkward look and then busted out laughing in unison, leaving Taeyeon staring at them with big confused eyes. She was being serious… why the laughs?

‘You’re so cute, unnie!’ Seohyun says while patting her shoulder.

‘Yah! We were going filming, weren’t we?’

So much time have passed by then…Who would have thought this ‘little debutee kid’ will carry her to the bedroom and strip her clothes down the way he did and then fire up her body as she screams his name in pure ecstasy? Such a nasty little debutee kid Baekhyun was, he didn’t know his place! He cornered her when lonely and grabbed the heart from her chest mercilessly. And what was the most concerning, she let him do it with a smile on her face.

It’s something she wouldn’t admit to anyone, not even to herself, but Taeyeon anticipated this moment with Baekhyun. It’s just the way he makes her feel when kissing that it sends shivers over her spine and when their lips stop touching, she can’t help but want even more of him. Once the thought of doing it crossed her mind, she was surprised to realize that, out of anticipation, she was feeling some kind of insecurity too. Yeah, Baekhyun wasn’t the only insecure one. The thing is, she isn’t the perfect girl he thinks she is. Not talking about her obviously imperfect personality, but about her body. She is flat, her body is a straight line, she has basically nothing to offer. This didn’t really bother her with her ex boyfriends, but with Baekhyun, she really wanted him to have a good impression. So she was kind of concerned about how the things are going to turn out between the two of them.

But she was so stupid to worry over something like this. Everything come so naturally, nothing forced, they kissed, but as they felt a simple touch of the lips is not enough to convey how much they missed each other, they slowly took another direction. He made her feel so loved, she didn’t have the time to think of how she might be looking, he was already loving her with so much pathos…

 

*

She would have enjoyed this euphoric morning in bed, but her stomach started to growl, so she got up, put her night gown on and went to the bathroom to start her day.

She was mumbling some happy song when she entered the kitchen and was surprised by Tiffany appareling in her sight. She was too, wearing something comfy.

‘Fany-ah! You’re here! How was the vacation in the US?’ Taeyeon asks cheerfully, happy to see her back after about 3 weeks she had missed.

‘Partied hard with some old friends, I’ve done a lot of shopping too, the bad thing is that dad and Leo were pretty busy and I didn’t spend that much time with them.’

‘It’s ok, maybe you’ll see them when we go to Kcon.’ Taeyeon says as she is pouring a glass of milk.

‘You know what?’ the blonde one continues. ‘I’m surprised to see you arriving so early in the morning, thought you weren’t arriving till noon.’ And then she starts drinking the milk.

‘Lol! You thought I arrived today? I was here last night...’

Taeyeon was about to choke with the milk at Tiffany’s words.

‘Yeah! So I arrived last night and as soon as I entered the hall, I’ve heard some really funny noises coming from your room!’

Taeyeon’s face got all red, even her ears. How in the world this happened? Tiffany heard them, omg, how embarrassing!

‘Seems like uri Taeyeoni had a lot more fun here than I’ve had in the US.’ She chuckled. ‘You’ve been single for a while. I wonder who the lucky guy was…’

‘Well, I…’ Taeyeon wants to say something, but Tiffany cuts her off.

‘I know! It was Yoonhan, wasn’t he?’

‘What? Why? Why would you think is that guy?’

‘I don’t know. Maybe because he is rich and handsome as and he persistently tired his move with you ever since you have met.’

‘And I didn’t even give him a look. He’s so cocky and annoying! I remember that day when we went together to watch our sisters’ show. He was so mad that his mom forced him into going, I wanted to punch him. He was better after the show when he said he enjoyed it, but still. I don’t like guys like him. Come on, Tiff, you know me better than that!’

‘Ok, ok! It was Crush then!’

Taeyeon didn’t even bother to answer this time, she just threw Tiffany the most bitter look she had. If stares could have killed, Tiffany would have been dead my now.

‘Why are you looking at me like that? Aigoo, you seriously can’t take a joke!’

Taeyeon wasn’t looking bitterly at her anymore, but she was still saying nothing.

‘Of course I knew it was Baekhyun, I didn’t believe for a second there’s other guy’ Tiffany tried to make up for her joke ‘I’ve just wanted to make a little fun of you because you were so bright this morning!’

‘It’s ok…’

‘Seriously, I wanted to kill both of you!!! I come in late and I wanted to go to sleep but I couldn’t because of your moans and screams! I’ve said that it can’t last that long, but just when I’ve thought you stopped, you started the second round!! In the end, I gave up and went to sleep in peace in the guest’s room.’

‘Sorry, Fany-ah, I didn’t even know you were there! OMG!’

‘I am just happy you had a good time. You sure had, since you were screaming like…’

‘Oh, please, stop! It’s already embarrassing enough!’ Taeyeon says, hiding her face with her palms.

‘Aww…Uri Taeyeoni is shy!’ Tiffany smiles. ‘I have some presents for you. And I’ve bought something for the other girls too. Wanna check?’

‘Sure!’

They finished eating fast and then went straight to Tiffany’s bedroom. Her clothes were thrown everywhere.

‘I know it’s a mess, but don’t you even dare to say something! You’re worse than that!’

‘That’s why I didn’t say anything!’ Taeyeon laughed.

‘Ok, so..do you think Hyoyeon would like these funky sunglasses?’ Tiffany says while searching for something in the bags excitingly.

Suddenly, Taeyeon’s phone started to ring. She looked at the screen surprised, Kim Young Min was calling…

‘Ne?’ Taeyeon answered.

*

 

Baekhyun was enjoying taking a long shower. He regretted that he couldn’t be there with Taeyeon when she wakes up, but EXO has a big fansign this morning and he had to be at the dorm when the manager is arriving to take them there. He was feeling relaxed, after this period he was apart from Taeyeon, knowing that she’s still his, that they are together, it made him feel relieved and genuinely happy again.

He finished showering and covered his body with his white bath robe. Seems like Suho isn’t yet yelling at them to get ready, so he laid down in bed again, enjoying the after-shower feeling. He was wondering what Taeyeon must be doing. Probably sleeping since she didn’t text him. Usually, she is the one to call him in the morning. Frankly, Taeyeon is unpredictable when it comes to conversation. There are times when she calls him all the freaking time (usually on the days he is the busiest) and some times when she barely calls or texts him. First day she didn’t give any sign of life he freaked out thinking that either something happened to her or she got tired of him. But he got to learn that Taeyeon has her moments when she doesn’t want to talk to anyone, him included. He got used to the fact that she needs her alone time and this is no way a sign of not wanting him. As he didn’t want to call her first, thinking she must be sleeping, he opened Naver’s main page so that he can check out the news.

The main articles sounded pretty boring since he isn’t into politics at all, but when he reached the ‘Celebrities’ section he couldn’t believe his eyes.

‘Taeyeon and Crush, the next Top idol couple?’

This morning, 1st March, the reports from tabloid ‘The Fact’ released some photos having Kim Taeyeon from nation's girl group SNSD and young RnB sensation Shin Hyo Seob, on his stage name, Crush, having some intimate moments at the backstage of his solo concert. Their companies were already contacted, so we’ll be updating with their clarification.

What are your thoughts about this potential couple?

Three photos appeared then on the screen. First one was them dancing closely. He was especially happy, as his hand was traveling down near her tights and . The second one, they were sitting alone on a sofa, nothing other than cigarette smoke surrounding them. His leg was glued to hers as he was touching her intimately. And the last one, he was sending her home, he was looking at her as she was getting in her white Mercedes.

Baekhyun rapidly went to the comment section.

[7890; 450] Heol, who would have thought Kim Taeyeon has such a charm to attract guys? First it was Baekhyun and now Crush. She must really like younger guys.

[4567; 760] These reporters are daebak. There’s no way they can deny anything now.

[3568; 123] Such an unlikable couple!

[1078: 500] Taeyeon is a , honestly! Just how many guys she had dated? We know it wasn’t just Crush and Baekhyun. It’s…

Hearing all these words, Baekhyun couldn’t help but stop reading.

Suho’s voice ringed through the room as he was calling them to get ready for the fansign.

 

*

‘Kim Taeyeon! It was YESTERDAY, I mean, LITERALLY YESTERDAY, when you were about to have a scandal with a guy and here we are again. Do you really want me to have a heart attack? Do you know how this will trash your image? Can you be pleased with just one guy? One guy, Kim Taeyeon, ONE GUY…’

Kim Young Min was real mad, he was even screaming at some point. And Taeyeon couldn’t blame him, even if her eyes were on the verge of crying.

‘IT WAS JUST ONE!’ she screamed. ‘There is just one…all this situation is a big misunderstanding, there is absolutely nothing going on between us.’

‘Then how the hell do you explain this?’ and she shows him one of the photos ‘he’s basically touching your tights.’

‘He was drank and hitting on me. I tried to stay away from him all the night, but he chased after me.’

‘Then why didn’t you tell us about it? Maybe we would have sued him. We would have done that for you…’

‘NO! He wasn’t being himself! He apologized for everything afterwards. I know he was being sincere, we are fine now!’

‘Then what are we supposed to do with this scandal? It won’t go down that easily, it’s everywhere on the Internet, the reporters are calling us like crazy to give an official statement.’

‘We should just tell them the truth, this is the best way.’ Taeyeon said.

‘No, it will trash his image. People will call him a women forever. Do you understand it? Do you think that if you tell the truth people will just believe you?’

‘But…’

‘I guess there is no other choice than accepting the relationship.’ he said after a short time of thinking

‘NO, I WILL NOT!’ Taeyeon screamed and felt a tear fell rolling down on her cheek. She was really trying her best not to cry in front of him.

‘YOU WILL! For the sake of your reputation and your solo carrier, you will!’

‘No! I won’t, I am serious! You won’t force me into this! I care too much for my happiness to let this happen!’ and she leaves Kim Young Min’s office slamming the door.

‘YAH, KIM TAEYEON!’ he screamed, but it was too late.

She wanted to go somewhere quiet and cry so bad. This can’t happen to her. Just when her solo carrier was working fine, just when the hate toned down, just when her life was slowly getting better, now everything is a mess again. And what is the most hurtful, she didn’t even get to make up with Baekhyun properly. The fact that she hide all this concert party from him was about to destroy them, now she can be sure their relationship is over. Baekhyun will lose all his trust in her, he will get hurt, he might as well end up hating her. Just the thought of it made Taeyeon teary. No, she can’t let this happen, she can’t.

She was about to run away from the building to go home, but she happened to meet Mafly. Mafly is her composer, the one that helped her in writing ‘I’ and that wrote ‘Gemini’. Taeyeon adored her work so she collaborated with her again for ‘Rain’ and ‘Secret’. Taeyeon really likes her, as both friend and composer, but at the very moment she didn’t want to meet her at all.

‘Taeyeon-ah! I looked up some songs the company bought recently and I’ve found some interesting stuff. Wanna hear?’

‘Well, I am kind of busy now…’ she said, trying her best to act natural. Nope! She definitely was not about to break down in tears one second ago.

‘Please, it won’t take that long! And I am pretty sure you’ll like it!’ Mafly smiled.

Thinking about it, Taeyeon realized that if she was to go home and cry, she would feel way more miserable than going to work, so she accepted.

*

It was getting dark outside when she finished her work at the studio. She remembered that she didn’t talk to Baekhyun that day at all. He knows, she is more than sure that he knows it all, that’s why he isn’t calling her. Tears were about to form in her eyes again, but this time it wasn’t that bad. Some work in the studio really calmed her down.

 She didn’t know what she has to do. Call him or not? She was afraid at what his response might be. But she had to call him, if she isn’t going to get herself clear as soon as possible, she is losing even that minuscule chance of getting him back.

As the phone was calling, her heart started to beat faster. What is he going to say now?

First call didn’t receive an answer. And not the second either. And this made Taeyeon grow insecure. He doesn’t response her calls, it must be over.

She was still at the company, in her cabin, and waiting for him to call her back. Half an hour passed and there was still nothing, so she decided to go home.

As she was driving along the way, she found herself not driving home at all. Like, she sworn she was going home, but instead she arrived at EXO’s house. She stayed in front of EXO’s dorm for about 5 minutes and didn’t know what to do. She didn’t have the courage to enter the house.

But in the final she did. She ringed at the door and Jongdae let her in. He didn’t ask anything and she couldn’t be more thankful for it. Jongdae is such a sensible kid!

She entered Baekhyun's room. It was dark in there, the only light in the room was the flame of a scented candle that was covering the room with a subtle sent of vanilla. She half smiled seeing that he brainwashed him into liking scented candles.

 Then she saw him, he was in the bed, half asleep.

Feeling someone’s presence there, he opened his eyes widely.

‘Taeyeon-ah! You..You’re here?’

‘Yes! I am here!’ she says getting near his bed.

‘You have heard everything, don’t you?’

‘Yes, I did!’

‘You are disappointed in me, don’t you?’

‘Yes, I am! Very!’ he mumbled, emphasizing that last word.

The tears that formed into Taeyeon’s eyes were visible because the light of the candle were making them sparkle into the dark. Baekhyun looked at her face expressionless.

‘Baekhyun, please! Please believe me, there is nothing between Crush and I. He was just drank, he didn’t know what was he doing. I tried to stay as far as possible from him, but he was insistent. ‘

‘Why didn’t you leave then?’

‘I wanted to leave. But Tiffany was having too much fun and begged me to stay. I really really really wanted to go, but she didn’t and as she was getting drank too, it was my responsibility to wait for her and take her home.’

Taeyeon fought her tears and continued.

‘I didn’t want to tell you about it. I knew you would get jealous. Or even mad at him and do stupid stuff. I’ve said that it’s safe for you to not know about it, that what you don’t know won’t hurt you. But somehow you found out. And what did you expect me to say then?’ 

He wasn't saying anything, just listening to her thoughtfully.

'If you have lost your trust in me then I understand. I won't blame you, I won't blame you at all. I was an awful girlfriend. I've hidden things from you and now I am about to get in a scandal with other guy. It's ok if you hate me now...'

She headed to the entrance, she was about to bust out crying and she didn't want it to happen in front of him. She doesn't want people to see her tears, never.

She was in front of the door about to leave. She was shaking and loosing all the hope. Her world was colapsing in front of her eyes.

Suddenly she felt a pair of arms back hugging her. She froze in her spot as she could feel the warmth of Baekhyun's body on her back. 

'I trust you! Just stay with me, please!' he whispered as her heart started to beat insanely.