2nd

Off My Mind

http://youtu.be/uyNOfgwIKvc

Just like always you went to your classes and worked hard. But this time you were really tired and didn't bother to listen. Except for your English class. You were so good in English that you joined the classes which mostly students in their third year of study took.

The teacher announced that a new student changed to this English class and as the student entered the room, all the people around you started gossiping.

>>Junhyung the rich guy. . .<<, you heard a guy saying.

>>Such an arrogant jerk. . . <<

>>He purchased his two friends with money. . .<<

>>He is a womanizer. . .<<

>>How can he? No one likes him. . .<<

You stopped listening to the gossiping and watched Junhyung walking towards the table you were sitting on.

He had that arrogant aura, which you didn't like. He probably thinks he's better than everyone else. He wore these expensive clothes to show how rich he was and he was showing off with it. You really didn't like people like him, although you had to admit he was good looking.

Junhyung sat down next to you and got out his books. The teacher started a movie and you yawned as the lights turned off.

You laid down your head on the table and closed your eyes.

 

God, this . I hate my father for forcing me to change to the higher English Class. Of course my English is the best, but still it's way too much studying.

When I entered the room, I looked around to see some familiar faces. I hated all of them. A girl in the third row somehow caught my attention. I didn't know her. She seemed young. Maybe a student who's first year? She didn't looked at me hatefully (like the others), so I decided to sit down next to her.

As the movie started I took the opportunity to look at her from the side but she seemed to be asleep. She is seriously sleeping? Besides me? What's wrong with her?

After the movie ended, she was still sleeping and I didn't know why, but I didn't want her to get caught by the teacher, so I gently shook her and she got up.

I took my bag and left the room.

 

OMO, did I sleep? How did I wake up? A little confused, you packed your stuff and left. As you walked towards the parking place, after your courses ended, Junhyung coincidentally saw you while he waited for his chauffeur to pick him up. He saw you going into a car with an older guy sitting in it. Might it be her brother? But they don't look alike. Well, my brother and I don't look alike either. Aish, stop thinking about her. She's nothing.

 

Hyun Joong and you drank a cup of coffee before driving to your new job. >>How was your day?<<

>>Okay<<, you yawned. >>Should I know something about the family before working there?<<

>>The mother of the boy you are taking care of, is not a caring mother, please be extra caring for the boy.<<

>>A not caring mother, got it. Something else?<<

>>A big brother and of course they are really rich so they might be arrogant.<<

>>I didn't expect anything else.<<

>>Call me and I pick you up, okay?<<, Hyun Joong asked before you got out of the car. >>Got it.<<

As you rang the bell, a maid opened the door and welcomed you. >>I'm here to babysit<<, you said and the maid nodded. A young woman came into the big living room. >>You must be Park ~~~~, the new babysitter.<<

You nodded and bowed. >>Good afternoon.<<

God, is this the mother? She looks even more arrogant than that new guy in my English class.

 

>>I have to hurry up, so I'll just show you Yoogeun's room. He should be playing right now.<<

She walked trough the whole mansion and you almost got tired as you finally arrived at Yoogeun's room. A big child's room with the cutest little kid sitting in there.

 

He looked up and walked towards his mother. He wanted to get carried by her but she shook her head. >>You are too heavy and I just polished my nails.<< She looked at you and got something out of her pocket. >>This is the money for your first week of work. You'll work from Monday to Friday from 4 PM to 9 PM. You can do what ever you want with Yoongeun, go out if you like. If you need money to buy ice cream or something, tell the maid she knows where the money is. I have to get going now. Bye.<< She gave you the paycheck which contained two hundred dollar. She left before you could say anything.

You knelt down to Yoongeun. >>Hello. I'm Park ~~~~ Noona.<< You looked around and grabbed the car he was playing with before you entered the room. >>Wanna play with the car, Yoongeun?<<

He nodded and the two of you played first with the car, then you drew something. >>How old are you, Yoongeun?<<, you asked.

>>Three.<< He stretched out his little fingers and showed you three. Then he ran towards the bookshelf and grabbed a book. >>Look at this!<<, you smiled and opened it. It showed animals in a zoo. >>Yoongeun, what is this?<< You pointed at a monkey. >>Monkey<<, he said. You laughed. >>Correct.<< You held up your hand. >>High five<<, you grinned and he high five you. What a cute boy!

>>Yoongeun, Hyung is home!<<, someone shouted from the corridor.

Yoongeun looked up and ran towards the door. You got up and followed Yoongeun. >>Hyung!<<, he beamed and stretched out his arms to hug his big brother. You looked at Yoongeun's brother in surprise. It was Junhyung.

No way! This guy?! This ain't good. . . I have to stop being so mean. I don't know him. He might be nice.

Finally he noticed you. >>Oh. . What are you doing here?<<, he asked with raised eyebrows.

>>I'm the new babysitter.<<

>>Then it will probably be okay.<<

Yoongeun giggled in Junhyung's arms as he spun him around. >>He likes it when you carry him and he likes books. His favorite place is the playground. He's not picky when it comes to food<<, he told you in an unfriendly tone.

You nodded. >>Thanks.<<

>>Go play with the Noona.<< He pushed Yoongeun to you. >>He usually eats at eight and goes to bed at nine. He likes it when you read a goodnight story to him.<<

You nodded again.

>>I tell the maid to cook food for you too.<<

>>No, you don't have to.<<

>>But I will.<<

>>Ehm, okay.<<

Junhyung left the room and you looked down to Yoongeun. >>Let's play something else, okay?<<

 

After some time you went to the playground with him and slide down the slide.

>>Are you thirsty?<<, you asked him and carried him. >>Yes.<<

You walked into a shop. >>Hello.<< You bowed at the old lady at the counter.

>>Do you like banana milk?<<

>>Yeah.<<

You bought the milk and a little lollipop for him.

>>Is this your son?<<, the lady asked while she out the things into a small bag.

You started laughing. >>No, no. I'm just babysitting.<< You gave the milk to Yoongeun. >>Say goodbye to the nice Ahjumma<<, you said.

>>Bye.<< He waved and the two of you left the shop.

As you came home, the maid had prepared dinner and only you and Yoongeun sat down at the table to eat something. So this is the place where Junhyung lives? Maybe I should find out more about him. Although, I'm not here to mind his business.

You fed Yoongeun which he clearly enjoyed and didn't noticed that you got watched by Junhyung.

 

He was surprised that exactly this girl was the new nanny of Yoongeun. Why does she have to babysit? She is so beautiful, smart and seems not poor. WHAT? He sighed and turned around. This girl is getting on my nerves. But I'm happy Yoongeun has someone to play with, even if it is this girl.

 

>>Come on Yoongeun, we are going to play something, okay?<< You carried him to his room and played with him. Then you changed him into his sleeping clothes and laid him into his bed. He is even more cute when he lays in his bed. You sat down next to him and began to read a small book to him. Even before the story ended he was asleep. You silently left his room.

You could feel that someone stood behind you as you closed the door.

Why do I ran into her again? Junhyung asked himself. This is annoying.

>>Is he asleep?<<, Junhyung asked and you nodded. >>I'm going now<<, you said, walking towards the front door. >>I'll tell the chauffeur to bring you home.<<

>>No, no. It's okay.<<

>>Do you live far from here?<<

>>No, not far at all.<<

>>Oh really? Where do you live?<<

>>I'm going now. Bye.<< Your phone rang as you left the mansion. >>Hello?<<

>>Are you finished?<<, L.Joe asked.

>>Yes.<<

>>Where are you?<<

>>I have no idea. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It's so far away from home!<< You knew that you just lied to Junhyung, but it was better if no one knew where you lived and what you were.

>>I'll pick you up, just wait.<<

>>Hmm okay.<< You walked around the corner and leaned against a streetlamp.

As you heard a motorcycle, you looked up. >>Hey there<<, L.Joe smirked. >>Get on.<< You sat down behind him and hold on to his jacket. >>You know that you have to hold tighter on to me, right?<<

>>What ever.<< You wrapped your arms around his waist and the two of you disappeared into the night.

 

The next day your courses ended, you walked towards the parking area and expected Hyun Joong, but it was L.Joe waiting for you with his motorcycle. >>Hey<<, he smiled.

>>What are you doing here?<<

>>Awh, so you don't like me to pick you up?<< He put on a sad face.

>>No, no it's not that I don't want you here, I just didn't expect you<<, you told him.

>>Because you are always so nice to me, I'll won't be mad at you<<, he beamed.

>>Please take me to a shop, I want to buy something for Yoongeun.<<

>>But you'll be late.<<

>>So you have to drive fast.<<

Junhyung walked with his >friends< Yoseob and Dongwoon to the parking area. Junhyung stopped as he saw you talking to an orange haired guy.

>>What are you looking at, Hyung?<<, Yoseob asked.

>>The girl over there?<<, Dongwoon asked.

>>I didn't look at the girl<<, he lied. >>Don't mind my business.<<

>>Can we come to your home?<<, Yoseob asked. Junhyung nodded. >>I've got a new video game you probably want to play with.<< He looked at you one last time while you wrapped your arms around the guy. Junhyung got annoyed by that. Does this girl have no taste at all?

 

>>Why are you buying cards with the alphabet on it?<<, L.Joe asked you.

>>Because I want to teach it to Yoongeun.<<

Woah, that's cute. L.Joe thought. >>So the kid is nice?<<

>>Such a cutie!<<

>>But my aegyo is still better, right?<<

You hesitated. >>Of course. . .<<, you lied just so you wouldn't hurt him.

>>Let's pay for it.<<

>>Wait, I want to buy balloons too.<<

She's so caring. L.Joe smiled.

 

The maid opened the door and led you in. Yoongeun ran into your arms. >>Annyeong<<, you beamed. >>Noona bought you something, wanna see it?<<

>>Yes.<<

You carried him into his room as you heard people behind you. You turned around and saw Junhyung with two of his friends. >>Hello<<, you said.

Junhyung just ignored you and walked towards his room at the end of the corridor.

>>Hello. I'm Yoseob<<, one of his friends smiled. >>And I'm Dongwoon<<, the other said.

>>Nice to meet you. Are you Junhyung's friends?<<

They hesitated. >>Well. . .<<

>>Are you two coming?<<, you could hear Junhyung shout from his room.

>>Annyeong!<< They waved goodbye.

So it's true that he bought his friends? You thought. This is strange. Is he really despaired about having friends? And are these two despaired about having someone rich as a friend?

You looked at the corridor where Junhyung's room was. At least I know where his room is. I kinda get an idea of how the mansion looks like.

 

After you found out that Yoongeun knew the alphabet already, you played with the balloons, until one explode. Yoongeun was shocked and started crying. You carried him and his hair. >>Noona has another one for you, don't cry.<<

At dinner Dongwoon and Yoseob joined Yoongeun and you. >>You look so familiar. Are you on the same university as we are?<<

You looked up from feeding Yoongeun and nodded.

Junhyung came out of his room as well and sat down next to Dongwoon. He didn't bother looking at you. But you looked at him and watched his arrogant look and his lordly gestures. He thinks he's the goddess of this world, right?

>>Hyung, is this beauty Yoongeun's babysitter?<<, Yoseob whispered.

>>Hm.<<

>>She's so beautiful. Can we talk to her?<<, Dongwoon asked.

>>No you can't. Just leave.<<

>>Hyung. . .<<

Junhyung pointed at the door. >>Go.<<

They got up and before leaving the room they waved at you. >>Bye bye.<<

>>Bye<<, you smiled. Then you watched Junhyung who was silently eating and drinking coke, with no expression on his face.

>>Noona~<<, Yoongeun pouted because you forget about him. >>Mianhae.<< You went on feeding him.

This evening you put Yoongeun to bed and read to him another bedtime story.

As you finished he wasn't asleep yet. >>Sleep well~<<, you smiled and his cheek and forehead. He sat up and kissed you. >>Oh<<, you chuckled.

 

Junhyung stopped on the way to his room because he heard you chuckling. He looked trough the little gap of the opened door and watched how his little brother kissed you. Aish, why is he doing that? It let him feel strange. What's this? Do I envy him? He started laughing in his mind. Why would I envy him?! It's just a stupid girl. He felt like an idiot watching them so he stopped it. But suddenly the door opened and she bumped into him. >>Oh<<, she gasped. Junhyung could feel her breath on his skin and it felt awkward. He quickly moved away from her.

>>I'm going now. Bye.<<

He didn't reply, but went into Yoongeun's room and sat down next to him. >>Do you like Noona?<<

>>Yes~.<<

>>How much do you like her?<<

Yoongeun got up and stretched out his arms. >>So much~.<<

He laughed and laid him back into his bed. >>Sweet dreams, Yoongeun.<< He kissed his forehead and stood up.

 

>>How is your new job? Are they nice to you?<<, Hyun Joong asked on Friday morning. Nothing exciting happened the last days. Yoongeun was still the cutest kid on earth and he really liked you. Junhyung didn't talk to you. Not in school, not at his home. >>Yes it's okay. I've seen Mr. Yong ones. He's not nice as I can tell, same the mother, who I didn't see since Monday.<<

>>What about the big brother?<<

>>A BIG BROTHER?<<, L.Joe's eyes widened.

>>He's in my English class and well, he's nice.<< The last part was a lie, but no one had to know that. >>But I don't talk to him a lot.<<

L.Joe sighed in relief.

 

>>Please get a partner and work with him or her on a presentation in which you analyze a poem or lyrics. You have to present it next Friday<<, your English teacher announced. Some people were struggling with the understanding of the question, except for you, so the teacher had to say it again in Korean. Everyone started moving and talking and after one minute everyone had their partners. Just you and Junhyung didn't move.

>>~~~~, do you have a partner?<<, the teacher asked. You shook your head. >>Then please work with Yong Junhyung.<<

>>Hm<<, you mumbled.

>>Okay, now that everyone has their partners, you can start talking about which poem or song you want to analyze and how you present it to the class.<<

You turned to Junhyung but he turned away and said: >>In this project you have to renounce my brilliant English knowledge because I have better things to do.<<

>>I won't do all the work because I have important things to do as well<<, you responded in perfect English. Junhyung looked at you dumbfounded, but just for a second. After  he put on his overconfident face, he said: >>Because I'm so generous I'll rearrange some of my important dates.<<

You rolled your eyes. >>When are we working on it?<<

>>Today. You have to tell the guys who pick you up normally that you'll come with me after school.<<