Everything

Ephemeral Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I think my husband doesn't love me anymore." Seohyun whined to her longtime close friends.

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon shared a look before laughing out too loud that some people in the cafe had to shush them. 

 

"Uh, come someone please clue me in on the joke? I'm feeling left out just in case you two didn't notice." Seohyun said sarcastically. 

 

"I think you're being ridiculous, Seohyunnie." Tiffany commented as she took a sip of her tea.

 

"So now I'm the ridiculous one?! All I ever did was to tell you about my problem and here you are making fun of me and accusing me of such things!" Seohyun said angrily.

 

"Whoa, hold it a second there, baby tiger. What's with the sudden outburst?" Tiffany tried to calm her down.

 

"Do I look like a feline hybrid?! Ugh! That is it! I've had enough! I'm out of here!" 

 

Seohyun got up and started to take her bag but Taeyeon was fast enough to prevent her from doing so. Once pacified from her anger, the youngest of the three huffed and resigned to get back on her seat. Suddenly feeling embarrassed over her childish actions, she had her head bowed low as she mumbled her apology.

 

"Are you okay? Wait, that was a dumb question. Don't answer that. Obviously you're not okay so can you please tell us what's wrong and how can we help you?" Tiffany asked. 

 

Seohyun looked up with a tear-stained face. 

 

"I think Yonghwa oppa found someone else..." Her lower lip quivered.

 

Again, the two resisted the urge to laugh. It was proving to be the day’s most difficult task, because really. It’s Jung Yonghwa and Seo Joohyun they’re talking about. THE one true pair, or so they say. They spent the last decade together and they witnessed firsthand how the husband in question did everything and anything just to make Seohyun say yes.

 

"Are you sure we're talking about THE Jung Yonghwa? The same guy?" Taeyeon clarified.

 

"Yes. My husband. Duh, who else could it be? Our gardener?” Seohyun rolled her eyes. 

 

“Ya, no need to give me the Queen B treatment, alright? I get it. Geez. What’s up with you and your mood swings lately? You’re worse than Hyoyeon or Yoona when they were pregnant.” Taeyeon answered.

 

“I’m sorry unnie, I didn’t mean for it to come out that way. I’m just really stressed out and my feelings are all over the place, I just can’t.” Seohyun cried.

 

"Why in the world would you think of that? Wasn't he all over you, like eww literally over or ugh whatever you get it or something, just a week ago? I remember you calling me in the middle of the night just to announce that your husband is acting like some college boy.” Tiffany tried to lighten the atmosphere. Thankfully, it worked. 

 

"I refused him every time he asked. Each time he tried, I keep rejecting him and now he won't even initiate anything." Seohyun admitted.

 

"Any late night rendezvous? Unnecessary overtime at work? Him being too busy with his phone or gadgets? Perfume? Lipstick? Any indication that he really is "cheating" on you?" Taeyeon enumerated.

 

Seohyun shook her head. Come to think of it, he’s been nothing but extra attentive and caring towards her. Perhaps it’s his recent overprotectiveness that's driving her to the edge.

 

"Then how can you come up with such a conclusion? Nothing's changed within your routine as a married couple!" Taeyeon added.

 

"And last time I checked, he was always in a hurry to go home from the office because he wants to have dinner with you. Heck, the guy even rushed to the flower shop to get you a bouquet! My husband is cheesy and all but no one beats Yong seobang's unwavering devotion to his wife." Tiffany smiled.

 

"But he hasn't done anything for a while now!" Seohyun complained.

 

"By "anything" you mean...?" Tiffany encouraged Seohyun to fill in the blanks but before the latter could answer, Taeyeon butted in and said, 

 

"Eww must you really ask her to elaborate on that? Look, I'll spare Fany and I from the gory details and you from the embarrassment and just ask how long has it been since the last time you two were "together?"" 

 

"Uh, two days?" Seohyun bit her nails. 

 

“TWO DAYS?! JUST TWO DAYS?!” The other two exclaimed before laughing out loud again.

 

"It's not even a week but just days! Aigoo Seohyunnie, you've really grown up." Tiffany giggled.

 

“Wait. I thought you two were fighting? Then how can ‘something’ happen within forty eight hours? I don’t get it.” Taeyeon blurted out without thinking.

 

Seohyun blushed and felt embarrassed with the topic. 

 

“Oh now don’t be shy. We’re all married women here.” Tiffany giggled.

 

"Are you, by chance, pregnant?" Taeyeon asked out of the blue.

 

"No. How can I be pregnant?!" Seohyun said irritatedly.

 

The two shared a look again as if to say, “Yep. Confirmed.” with Seohyun’s effortless mood shifts. 

 

"I think you know exactly "how" babies are made, maknae." Taeyeon laughed.

 

"It's not..." Seohyun tried to explain.

 

"We get it, dear. You're just "frustrated" so why not deal with this dilemma of yours by going home? I think your husband can help you more than any of us can. Have fun and make sure to stop by the pharmacy to buy a test!" Tiffany said as all three of them got up to leave. 

 

When the other two got in a car, Seohyun yelled back a useless,

 

"BUT I'M NOT PREGNANT!!!" 

 

Feeling helpless and still frustrated, Seohyun decided to just stall time and go around for a walk. She chanced upon a pharmacy and shrugging her shoulders, she went in to buy the kit. 

 

"No I don't think I am, yet. Too soon. Maybe next time." She thought as she walked out the door empty-handed.

 

 

"I think I'm going to be a father!" Yonghwa said excitedly. 

 

After receiving a round of congratulations and applause, Jonghyun interrupted by asking,

 

"Wait. What do you mean you "think?"" 

 

Yonghwa shrugged as he took a seat on his favourite swivel chair. 

 

"I'm not sure yet. Hyun refuses to take the test or go to the clinic saying it's unlikely, but for the past few weeks there has been noticeable change in her." 

 

"She's not having some period issues?" Minhyuk asked and Jungshin elbowed him.

 

"Ow! What? It's a valid question!" He defended.

 

"Nope. She's delayed." Yonghwa informed.

 

"You keep track of her cycle?!" Jungshin gaped in horror.

 

"Of course not! But she's got this huge chart in our closet so I see it from time to time." Yonghwa explained.

 

"Psh. Excuses." Minhyuk mumbled. 

 

"If that's the case hyung then there really isn't anything I can say but "goodluck."" Jonghyun patted his back.

 

"Hey, don't scare Yonghwa hyung. I'm sure Seohyun is more manageable than Yoona noona." Jungshin said.

 

"We'll see about that." Jonghyun smirked. 

 

As soon as the clock struck 5:00, all four men didn't waste time to log out and head towards the parking lot. Before going their separate ways, Jonghyun gave one last advice.

 

"Congrats hyung, but I really meant it when I said good luck. Girly hormones are hard enough to deal with. Pregnancy is a whole lot of issue. Still, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter