Okay?

Ephemeral Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here’s your schedule for January. Everything’s pretty much set so all we have to do is to wait for the company to release the articles, teasers, and dates before you start your own SNS countdown.” Her manager nervously handed her an envelope before immediately retreating to a safe corner.

 

Unbeknownst to her, everyone was watching her every move. They waited with bated breath as she tinkered with the envelope in her hand. They almost gasped when they thought she’d open it but it took three more minutes before she finally put down her phone and focused on opening the file. Her unnies were snickering in the background and Seohyun eyed them curiously.

 

With her senses heightened up, she scanned the rest of the crowd. It would’ve been less suspicious if the three out of the five culprits managed to at least have something to laugh at, but no, Seohyun caught them looking right at her and amused about something she couldn’t quite figure out just yet. If three of her unnies are laughing then it means the other four are too. She scanned the area and with the lame excuses (others reading, brushing their hair, playing with their nails, etc), she knew something was up.

 

“What’s so funny? Did I miss something?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Nothing. Nothing’s funny. Is there something that has to be funny for us to laugh?” Hyoyeon answered toughly but ended up laughing hysterically. The others tried to shush her but to no avail.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t take this anymore. Open the envelope Seohyun-ah and Happy New Year!” Hyoyeon said while running to get the plush toy she’d use as a shield against the members.

 

Without much hesitation, she opened the envelope and read each schedule diligently. All was going well until her eyes landed on one particular date. January 13. She had to check if they gave her the real schedule or maybe it’s just the exhaustion that made her eyes play tricks on her.

 

“Okay this is not funny at all. Hand me over my real schedule.” Seohyun demanded.

 

“Seohyun-ah. THAT is your REAL schedule.” Her manager said.

 

“You cannot be serious. Unnies, help me out here! Do something!” She cried desperately.

 

“We did. You said you missed standing on one stage together so we moved heaven and earth to make that schedule happen.” Tiffany said.

 

“But we didn’t exactly do much. It was the network and GDA committee who requested for it!” Sunny whispered.

 

“Ssh! They don’t have to know that. Don’t ruin my dramatic streak.” Tiffany shushed.

 

“Please, you’re not such a good actress.” Sooyoung teased.

 

“UNNIES! Help! I can’t do this!” Seohyun panicked. They walked towards her and gave her an apologetic/congratulatory hug.

 

“Of course you can. You know you can do anything if you put your mind and heart to it.” Yuri encouraged.

 

“You see, that’s the thing. Her mind and heart melts as one when she’s with him. Why do you think their last MC stint was way back 2012?” Yoona laughed.

 

“They grew up and so have the fans and haters alike. Don’t worry, Seohyun-ah. You will survive. I’ll be there to keep an eye on you both.” Taeyeon encouraged.

 

“You won’t even be there during their rehearsals and they’re the ones stuck up onstage together! You can’t even stand in the way if they act obviously.” Tiffany reminded.

 

“They’re not even on their own, Fany-ah. They have Hwang Chiyeol-sshi as a co-MC right?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Totally. But I already pity the poor guy. It’s going to being a third wheel. Believe me, I know.” Yuri chuckled.

 

“Damn right we do. I got cropped from the screenshots and photos!” Hyoyeon reminded.

 

The rest of the chatter faded into oblivion as Seohyun paced back and forth. She already has her solo debut racking up her nerves every night. This GDA Stint would be a piece of cake.

 

“We’re going to be okay, right?”

“Hyung, I suggest you just save up that money or go buy yourself a shoe or something rather than go through with this. It’s obvious you’re on the losing end.” Minhyuk reminded.

 

“Losing? Me? You think I can’t control myself?” Yonghwa asked in disbelief.

 

“We don’t “think,” hyung. We KNOW that YOU CAN’T and most probably WON’T.” Jungshin laughed as he counted the money.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter