Auction

Ephemeral Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


"Please don't tell me you're still hung up on your ex." Her best friend Hwanhee sighed. 

"I'm not. It's just that it didn't work out that's all." Seohyun said calmly. 

Hwanhee stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen where Seohyun was "busy" preparing their dinner. She scrutinized her best friend from head to toe. Seohyun felt highly conscious but she did her best to keep the mask intact. Once she convinced herself that she's doing an awesome job, she heard Hwanhee's bored voice saying,

"Yep. Totally hung up on that ex." 

Seohyun wanted to deny it but the other girl raised her palm to her face. 

"If you're gonna have another pathetic go at denial, then sorry sweetheart but you gotta talk to THE palm. Am I clear?" Hwanhee joked around. 

Seohyun rolled her eyes and answered,

"Crystal." 

After that, she kept shut. There really is no use to deny the truth. She thought the topic was put to rest until Hwanhee started to blab again.

"I still don't get it how you're so not over that guy. Wasn't he just a rebound? I mean for crying out loud you dated Kyu for who knows how long everyone thought you're going to get married and..." 

"Hwanhee-ya. Yong is not just a rebound. He's worth so much more than to be labeled just that." Seohyun said sternly.

"But still! When Kyu fell out of love with you..." Hwanhee started again.

"He never really "loved" me that way, UNNIE. He got tired of me being the same 'ol girl." Seohyun cut off.

"That's because he's got some mommy issues, but that's besides the point." Hwanhee said while taking a spoonful of lasagna. 

"And the point is, what exactly?" Seohyun teased.

"The point is, when you caught Kyu cheating on you multiple times, with men and women alike, you were like, "Ohhh-kay whatever lemme cry bohoooo and then I forgive you." Even when you had THE real breakup, you never really cried. You did but that was just a one-time event. How come you're not even bitter or swore off men after what that horrible jerk broke your heart?!" 

"That's because he never really did break my heart, UNNIE. I don't think I ever really loved him. I don't know. Guess I'm mature enough to handle a failed relationship?" Seohyun laughed.

"Call me unnie and immature one more time and I swear I'll throw that ugly life-sized teddy of yours to the dumps." Hwanhee glared.

"Hey, I never said you're immature." Seohyun shrugged. 

"It was implied." Hwanhee replied.

"Whatever you say, unnie." Seohyun laughed. 

"That is it! I am sooooo going to murder your precious teddy bear!" Hwanhee announced as she sprinted her way to Seohyun's room. 

Knowing it wasn't an empty threat, Seohyun ran after her BFF but was a little too late.

"Hwanhee-ya, please." Seohyun begged.

"On one condition." Hwanhee smirked.

"Anything!" Seohyun sounded desperate. She wanted to laugh at her silly attachment to that life-sized stuff toy.

"Let's go get ourselves a date in the annual charity auction!" Hwanhee cheered.

"What?!" Seohyun asked in horror.

"Awww c'mon. You promised me! Besides, it's for a good cause. Something about donating the proceeds to typhoon victims."

"The end does not justify the means." Seohyun declared.

"Oh quit it with that crap. It's a win-win situation and you still owe me." Hwanhee insisted. 

"You better be thankful that I love you." Seohyun sighed.

"Thank you!!!" Hwanhee hugged her. 

"You're welcome." Seohyun snorted. 

"We're going to have soooo much fun! Get your paddles ready! Yey!" 

Hwanhee said as she dragged her friend out the door. 

"C'mon man. It's for a good cause." Seunghyun badgered Yonghwa. 

"Why does it have to be me? Can't I just donate quietly? Ask Jonghoon!" Yonghwa answered.

"I did but he said he's been "seriously" seeing this girl and he doesn't want to mess it up." Seunghyun explained. 

"Then tell him to give the girl the money so she can bid for him." Yonghwa said coldly. 

"He's trying to avoid that Jin-ah chick he met at the acquaintance party. Anyway forget about him. I'm practically begging you to agree to this. Please, Yonghwa. My noona will have my head on a platter if you say no." Seunghyun pleaded. 

"Why me? What did I do?!" Yonghwa almost cried. 

"Please Yonghwa. I don't have anyone else to turn to. Jebal help me out this once? I'll never bother you again after this! I'll buy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter