CD: Sing For You

Ephemeral Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


"That'll be $5.85. Thank you. Have a nice day." Seohyun greeted extra cheerfully to her favorite customer. 

Once he was out of sight, only did she breathe a sigh of relief. 

"Ya. How long has this been going on? Half a year? Ugh. That namja is too slow." Her co-worker, Sunny said as she poked her side.

Seohyun busied herself with stacking the newly arrived cds, trying her best to look, act, and sound normal. 

"Hey yo, we're talking to you." Amber snapped her fingers. 

"Who me?" Seohyun asked innocently.

The other two groaned in despair upon her reaction.

"Ugh. You're hopeless. I guess it'll take another lifetime before there's any "progress" in your love life. You and that geek. Ah, mwolla." Amber commented. 

Seohyun just laughed it off as the latter bid them farewell to go home. It's been six and a half months since he regularly started going to the music store she works at, though they've had quite a few run-ins a couple of months back. She liked him from the get go but was too shy to even speak more than twenty words with him. She was beyond elated when he started to visit regularly to purchase his favorite band's latest album. 

Jung Yonghwa is surprisingly an avid fan of a boy band called EXO. Seohyun pegged him more as a CNBLUE/FT ISLAND kind of guy. In his defense and unbeknownst to her, he too has also been harboring feelings towards her. When he coincidentally found out where she works at, he pretended to just pass by the store to get a glimpse of her. 

Everything was going well, until that one fine day when she spotted him amongst the crowd. He thought he was just hallucinating when she looked right at him but when her gaze didn't falter for more than ten seconds, he managed to convince himself that it was the reality. She carefully walked towards his direction, saying something or asking if he needs any help but he's too busy staring at her shamelessly to comprehend anything else.

 He couldn't read the expression on her face and thus, he panicked. His friends were coming closer so he made a desperate move for an "alibi" before his friends could spill the beans. Yonghwa grabbed the first cd he laid his hands on. 

"EXO? Like the idol group with pretty boys?" He heard her ask. It took him a lot of willpower not to explode from happiness just from how cute she looked and sounded.

"Uhh...yeah? I'm a huge fan of their music!" He said a little too cheerily. 

Seohyun looked at him curiously which made him blurt out,

"Your eyes look so pretty. Ah jinjja you're even more beautiful up close." 

He was brought back to earth with the sound of snickers from his friends who have witnessed the event. He looked at the now blushing girl before mumbling something incoherently and paid for the cd as he scrambled to get out. 

Thus, the cycle began. He would always drop by the shop to buy EXO's albums. She was suspicious when he bought one album at a time (from the group's first EP to their latest releases) instead of just buying it altogether but she never brought it up because she prefers to see him more often. They began to have little conversations and once in a while, he'd give her something, either a keychain, a rose, coffee, or any random memorabilia. 

Sadly, aside from that, nothing else happened. Seohyun checked the time. It's his schedule now. He should be here any minute. She waited and waited but he never came. She tried to reason it out but as more time passed by, she felt hopeless. Was it all just for show? Days and weeks passed by, but still no sign of Jung Yonghwa. 

"Hey, how come I no longer see the guy who likes pretty boys?" Sunny once asked. 

Seohyun kept shut and her eyes downcast. Truthfully, she too, has no clue. The atmosphere was so awkward and sad wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter