Fever

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's Current Condition]

Devastated. That bomb that detonated in Sarinah, Jakarta, had clouded my entire day. God helps the people that are still trapped inside the buildings. Please do pray for the police reinforcement to secure the area.

[Author's Note]

This was supposed to be longer, but my mood for writing dropped so low, I decided to call it a day. I'm sorry everyone. I'll post an update tomorrow. For sure. :) Tell me how you like the story. Feedbacks are welcomed to, both critics and suggestions. :D

 

"Hey! I'm asking a question here," JaeBum's face frowned at the lack of attention JinYoung was paying towards his question.

This isn't good. JinYoung just recovered from his flu, and he needs to take his medicine. It's about time, he knew when he glanced at his watch. And bad news waas, he got himself drenched. And despite running back home to dry himself and take his pills, JinYoung was sitting in a room filled with air conditioners. That was not a good idea for someone who just recovered from illness, everyone knows it. To top it all, JaeBum was asking him these questions he couldn't even concentrate on answering as dizziness crept back to his skull and the cold air breezing from right above them blew the coldest air JinYoung had ever felt, probably because of the fever, and definitely the whole autumn chilly air.

If JaeBum was observing a little bit more careful, he would find JinYoung's teeth gritted as he fight the urge from chattering. He started shivering and his mind was bolting from the reality in front of him.

"JinYoung?" JaeBum called again?”

"I'm sorry, I was-," JinYoung wanted to explain that he wasn't concentrating to the question asked before, but JaeBum cut him.

"Were you sick?" JaeBum asked, his brows creased and JinYoung sensed worry written all over his face. But of course, it was probably just a proof that despite all of his hostility, JaeBum was actually a good person. He was sure about that.

JinYoung forgot to reply the question again, as his train of thoughts took him to concentrate on how perfect the boy seated in front of him was. Even when the boy was frowning.

"Oh God, you don't look that good right now? You look a bit pale. Are you still recovering? Were you really sick?" JaeBum asked again and this time, JinYoung chuckled at the cute face JaeBum made when he's worried.

"What's funny?" JaeBum blurted out.

"You look cute when you worried," JinYoung truthfully said.

"Don't tell me the obvious, JinYoung, answer the question. So, were you sick? Did you visit the doctor? Or a psychiatrist to be specific? Did you have any thoughts about sui-" JaeBum beamed the questions all at once.

"Whoa, back up! Psychiatrist? Why would I need a psychiatrist?" JinYoung confusedly asked.

"You haven't visit any?" JaeBum's face gave a disapproving look at JinYoung's question.

"Of course not. Do I look like I need any?" JinYoung raised his brow, making his round eyes bigger, which somehow made JaeBum envy a little bit. His eyes were the hardest complex he had yet accepted completely.

"I don't know yet. Do you have any suicidal thoughts?" JaeBum asked genuinely worried.

"What?!" JinYoung backed away, his back met the hard surface of the chair.

"Suici- Why are you asking me these questions?"

"Because you just got rejected and humiliated in front of the whole school, which was obviously your fault, since we weren't even acquainted. And you were absent for a long time, and I thought maybe you're too depressed because the whole school knows and you being the President of the Student Council might put more pressure to it. And then there's this news about a girl committed suicide because she got rejected and at this point I'm afraid that everyone would blame ME if the same thing happened to you! God, you have no idea how much hate I went through because of YOU!" JaeBum explained, carried away with emotion recalling the hate he got from turning down JinYoung's confession.

JinYoung kept quiet to digest the words JaeBum just told him. "Did something happen at school?" JinYoung asked innocently and JaeBum can see the genuine clueless look JinYoung gave him.

JaeBum sighed. 'Why was I even blaming this nerd? He probably didn't even know about it. It was the school, JaeBum, not this kid,' JaeBum thought.

"JaeBum?" JinYoung called, leaning to the table.

"No, never mind. Just please, don't be depressed over this whole thing. And don't feel humiliated. Everyone at school really didn't mind you making a fool of yourself, anyway. They're," JaeBum paused, "loving their Student Council's President too blindly," JaeBum said knowing it best.

JinYoung was confused as to what the guy in front of him was saying but the heat building inside him clouded his thinking and the cold air was no longer bearable. His shivering became more obvious. His trembling hands cupped the mug containing the hot chocolate. Thank God JaeBum actually ordered this.

JinYoung noticed the sound of the pouring rain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter