Banner Down

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's Current Condition]

Super busy. Like literally. Cries internally.

[Author's Note]

Hi, guys, thank you for your patience! Here's an update. :D So, without further chit chat, please enjoy reading this chapter. Do tell me how you think about this update on the comment section, upvote if you think it's good, and tell me if you find any grammatical mistakes or weird things on the update, cause I really didn't proof read this.

 

"Mam, I demand an explanation for the huge banner hanging on our school building," JaeBum barged into the principal's office, not for one second considering the need to knock. Jackson quickly reached the doorknob, preventing the door from hitting the wall behind it.

"Oh, JaeBum, I was about to-"

There was a brief loud knock on the door, followed by door opening sound and Jackson's loud "OUCH!" sound as the wooden door hit his elbow.

"Principal Fei!"

The boy seemed to notice that the door hit someone and immediately looke to his right.

"Sorry. Didn't see you there."

The voice averted the other three's attention in the room. JinYoung stood there, with the same confused look as the one JaeBum put on. The boy blinked profusely when he saw JaeBum was also in the room.

"Ah, JinYoung! I was about to summon both of you when class started, but here you are," Principal Fei clasped her hands.

The attention shifted back to the principal in front of them. JinYoung walked closer to JaeBum's side, leaving Jackson near the door.

"Principal Fei, I would like to hear the details regarding the huge banner installed on the classroom building," JinYoung said with a stern tone, despite knowing he was talking to the principal.

"Ah, that? Isn't it cute? Your friends are the sweetest students ever. Oh, my bad. I haven't even congratulate you guys on becoming a couple. So, congratulations," Principal Fei shook JaeBum's hand and JinYoung's hand before continuing, "But as the school's rule, banner that has no academic or administrative relation with the school should not be allowed on the school's building. But consider me generous, I will allow the banner for today. But we have to take them down after the school ends."

"After the school ends?! Hell! I want them down RIGHT NOW!" JaeBum said.

"Mam, could you please take the banner down? Please, it's embarrassing," JinYoung's looked down. Whoever came up with the idea of making this banner would only make JaeBum hate him even more.

"Oh, JinYoung, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. When the student council texted me last night to ask for permission, I agreed to the idea immediately. I'm so glad that you two are finally together. This is a good news. I bet the whole school knows. It's all over Twitter last night," Principal Fei covered as she laughed.

"What?! It's all over Twitter?" JaeBum massaged his temples.

JinYoung sighed. "Principal Fei, first of all, JaeBum and I, we," JinYoung paused and glanced at JaeBum's direction.

"We're not together. I confessed to him, he rejected me and that's it. Nothing more," JinYoung said.

"That's right," JaeBum piped in.

"Huh? But the picture? You went to JinYoung's house last night, and, and, when JinYoung was sick you made the soup thing and-"

"Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh hahahahaha Principal Fei, I don't really want to talk about it right now. That's not our main focus," JaeBum said nervously when the supposedly private information of him telling the principal about the details on taking care of JinYoung the other day spilled out from Principal Fei's lips.

"Wait a second. You made soup when JinYoung was sick? So it wasn't your neighbor that time?" Jackson asked and walked closer to JaeBum. This was exactly what JaeBum avoided.

JinYoung frowned upon hearing this. He kept asking himself as to why JaeBum had to lie about the situation. It only took him a couple of seconds to jump into conclusion that JaeBum might be uncomfortable telling Jackson that he was taking care of JinYoung. Maybe they really are more than friends. JinYoung thought Jackson might get the wrong idea of the situation, and since he didn't want to be the third wheel on JaeBum and Jackson's relationship, he decided to clear things up.

"No, don't get the wrong idea. JaeBum offered to walk me home that time because I was so sick. But then I fainted because of my fever and he helped taking care of me," JinYoung explained.

"Jackson, don't jump into conclusions," JaeBum squinted his eyes, brows knitted when he looked at Jackson, as if telling him not to bother with this .

"But, but, the photo, you were holding JaeBum's waist from behind and, and," Principal Fei blinked a few times, not really able to assess the reality.

"Photo? What photo?" JinYoung asked innocently.

"She's talking about this," Jackson showed a picture with his phone.

JinYoung's eyes widened at the sight. He hadn't seen the photo yet. He  was wondering who took the photo, but was more curious how it was taken at the very position, where it looks like he was holding JaeBum's waist.

"Wh-where did you get this?" JinYoung asked Jackson.

"The whole internet last night, basically," Jackson said with a flat tone.

Then JinYoung glanced at JaeBum who only rolled his eyes on him.

"The point is, Mam, JinYoung and I are NOT a couple and I really find that banner super irritating, so please, can you bring it down? That's only wise to do so, right? Thank you Principal, now excuse me," JaeBum bowed before leaving the room. Jackson followed the boy but stop at the door, looking back at JinYoung for the last time. Their eyes met, and JinYoung really thought he was getting into a trouble because of the student council's stupid mistake. When Jackson closed the door and left, JinYoung sighed again.

"Oh my, JinYoung, I'm so sorry. I thought JaeBum finally accepted your feelings, so I got excited. I hope you're not mad at me," Principal Fei said with a sincere regret.

"No, it's okay, Mam. But please do take the banner down. I've seen many people picked on him after I confessed to him. The students were badmouthing him and even calling him names for something he didn't do. It was my fault. I should've not confessed. This banner will only make him hate me even more," JinYoung said.

Principal Fei felt really bad after listening to that. "JinYoung, I believe you'll win his heart eventually. You're a good kid," Principal Fei patted his shoulder.

"I don't think so, Mam. He already had someone at heart," JinYoung offered a bitter smile.

 

 

 

 

 

"JaeBum, are you alright going by yourself? I need to be somewhere else, in a moment," Jackson said as they head towards the school yard. The school bell just rang and everyone was outside, crowding the yard.

"Yes, I'm not going home just yet. I need an object for my photography club. You can go ahead first," JaeBum said a bit too excited. Jackson caught it and sensed that JaeBum actually planned for something else. JinYoung-related, it seemed.

"Alright, you have fun. I'm heading out first," Jackson waved goodbye and left.

JaeBum heaved a sigh of relief. Jackson had been bombarding him nonstop about him and JinYoung. Despite his multiple attempts to shut the hyper boy, JaeBum failed to make the Hongkong native drop the topic. It's nice to finally have him off his case. And Principal Fei had summoned him during lunch break to inform him that the banner had been taken down. She also told him that JinYoung already told her how the students had picked on him and that this banner would only make him more uncomfortable. One thing he was grateful, though, the Principal began seeing him in different light afterwards. He said JaeBum was such a good friend still visiting JinYo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter