Chaos

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's Current Condition]

I just come back to life.

[Author's Note]

Hi! I'm updating again! :D Here's a really short update. The story is nearing the end. :D Three to four more chapters to go.

 

JinYoung placed a glass of water in front of JaeBum. They were sitting in the kitchen. Though the silence was deafening to his own ears, JinYoung didn’t really have any topic to be brought up. JinYoung insisted to give JaeBum a drink just because JaeBum muttered to himself how he was thirsty during their cab ride. And JinYoung kept on insisting him, so he gave up and followed the suggestion. Though, a glass of water was the only thing JinYoung offered in the end.

JinYoung was never a talkative person. No, scratch that. JinYoung wasn't really someone who talks outside meetings and public speaking he did in school. In fact, most of the closest people around him, like Kim Wonpil, had told him to say more things and don't get awkward. But remembering those advice, JinYoung felt even more neurotic.

"Do you want something else?" JinYoung tried to offer some hospitality. The last time JaeBum visited his house, it was JaeBum who took care of his sick body. This time should be different.

"No, thanks," JaeBum said before draining the whole glass.

"I'm gonna get going, now," JaeBum stood up and JinYoung never felt more sad. Does being around him put JaeBum in such an uncomfortable situation? JinYoung couldn't help but feeling more dejected.

"Right, well, I'll just accompany you to the gate," JinYoung also stood up following the blonde immediately.

 

 

 

 

 

"IM JAEBUM!"

JaeBum put his phone away from his ear. Jackson's voice was deafening. Of all the annoying things Jackson was capable of doing, one that he hated the most was the hyperbolic yelling he just did to his eardrums. One time he even accidentally swatted Jackson's face with his arm out of reflex because he got really surprised because of the sound. Jackson usually uses his extremely loud yell when he's angry at JaeBum for doing something embarrassing or offending Jackson, but mostly it's just a spontaneous random thing he did to irk JaeBum's soul. This time would probably be one of those nights Jackson decided to disturb his peaceful rest.

"What now," JaeBum said not even having the slightest interest as to why the Hongkong native was yelling.

"Do you even consider me as your friend?" Came Jackson's signature question. JaeBum was more than fed up with this exact line. Jackson is too easily offended.

"And the reason I should consider you as a friend is?" JaeBum said, tone flat as it could be.

There was a moment of awkward silence, and JaeBum knew Jackson was taken aback by his answer. "Dude, are you for real? Why didn't you tell me anything?" Jackson sulked.

"Tell you what, exactly?"

"You're gonna pretend nothing happened now?" Jackson raised his voice again.

"Hey, if you're not gonna be clear about it, forget it! I'm tired as . I just got home and I want my rest," JaeBum sternly replied.

"You just got home? Where did you go? Ah, I see. You went to JinYoung's place, right?" Jackson asked eventually.

"Wh-what?! I did not! What are you talking about? Where did you get that idea? I just got back from grocery shopping!" JaeBum then chuckled nervously.

"JaeBum," Jackson sighed.

"What."

"You never went grocery shopping," Jackson said.

"Well, today's my first time. Is there something wrong with it?" JaeBum felt offended by the statement.

"You're the laziest person I've ever met. You told me yourself, the closest grocery store is three blocks from your house. You're to lazy to go there, especially without a car," Jackson said.

"That's not true! There's one store near JinYoung-," JaeBum quickly covered his mouth when he realized what he just said out loud.

"You went to JinYoung's place right?! JaeBum answer me!"

"Dude, need to hang up! Catch you later!" JaeBum hung up quickly.

All he heard before the call disconnected was Jackson yelling "You freaking went to JinYoung's place right! And you didn't tell me! I won't let this-" from over the phone.

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter