Before My Eyes

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's Current Condition]

Happy Sunday! :D

[Author's Note]

I guess we can agree that JaeBum needs to treat JinYoung better. And I know you guys know exactly where this fanfiction is going. I decided to wrote a bunch of JinYoung in this update for the lack of the boy in previous chapter, despite being the main character.

JINYOUNG IS HERE. JINYOUNG IS HERE. JINYOUNG IS LOVE.

 

Dusty floor, unfolded bedcover, messy bedsheet, a bunch of papers piled up on the desk. A condition JinYoung would never tolerate on normal days. But it wasn’t a normal day. He just got back from the airport after a thirteen hours flight from Toronto and sleeping in a sitting position was never a delightful experience for anyone’s backbone. Nor the tailbone. He was lucky he didn’t develop a deep vein thrombosis. He came to conclusion that his sore and aching muscles would rather suffer a bit more to clean up the room than sleeping in a messy room. Messy, in JinYoung’s perspective was considered quite neat in his classmates’ view. JinYoung decided he got to start from the bed. Tidying the bedsheet and the cover was an easy task. He then proceeded to the bunch of paperwork he had left in a hurry in the morning a couple of days back. Well, those paper would have to wait. For now, JinYoung settled with putting them on the right place. He dragged out the vacuum cleaner and the dust from the floor.

But some of the dust got on his nose and made him sneeze. He was a bit allergic to dust, thus the neat-freak attitude, and it was worse because he still had his flu. JinYoung caught it as soon as he reached Jinhae. And with unprescribed over the counter drugs he purchased from pharmacy, he got better. Mostly, the cold and the fever. His sneezes and coughs never really got better. He wore masker all the time, so it was easier to prevent himself from sneezing and coughing in front of his mother. Speak of the devil.

"Yes, mom?" JinYoung picked up the phone.

"Are you still at the airport?" His mother asked from over the phone.

"No, mom, I'm already home. How was dad?" JinYoung asked.

"He's asleep now. The doctor said he's gonna get better after this ring implantation," her mom said. JinYoung felt fatigue emitting out of her voice.

JinYoung recalled the morning he received the call. It was chaotic. He was so worried that he would lose his dad. But luckily, the doctor was quick to do the intervention. By the time he got off the plane, his mother told him the surgery went well and three rings had been placed on his father’s main coronary arteries. He had no idea what it means, but her mother convinced him that it was a good thing.

"Mom, get some sleep. You sound tired," JinYoung suggested.

"No, I'm fine. You get some sleep. You stayed up all night waiting for your father when you're here," her mom said.

"No, I'm absolutely fine, I-" JinYoung coughed, his cold definitely hasn't healed completely.

"Are you coughing? Oh, God! JinYoung you should go see the doctor! I can't handle if the two of you got sick at the same time," her mom said worriedly.

"Mom, I'm taking my fever pills. Don't worry," JinYoung sighed.

"You should really go to the doctor, JinYoung. Don't make me-"

"Mom, come on, I'm 18, I can take care of myself. I'm hanging up, okay, take care. Tell dad I said hi," JinYoung  said.

JinYoung sighed. His head felt a bit heavy after cleaning up. Probably due to the effect from cold he got as soon as he reached Toronto, or maybe from the exhaustion he got from the long trip, or maybe both combined. Whatever it was, he's still not fully recovered. But if he's been out from school for so long. Visiting a doctor would be a waste of time. Besides, what if the doctor told him he needs bed rest? It wouldn't be a wise decision to have another day off. He's the President of the student council anyway. He’s got so much to do.

He was going to call Wonpil, his classmate, to ask if there were any assignments he had been missing. But then, he saw the Instagram icon on his phone and it was like a magnet, drawing him to touch the icon and return back to his daily ritual of checking out JaeBum's newest posts. The guy usually posted in the morning and during lunch. And it was already afternoon, so JinYoung was getting more curious. The last couple of days with no internet connection, his provider at overseas signal and the lack of wifi in the hospital, wasn't helping the need to stalk JaeBum's Instagram.

Wonpil told him to get over JaeBum. He also told him he need to stop stalking JaeBum's social media. “It would only make you more infatuated towards the boy,” Wonpil said after his confession got rejected. And to be honest, it was very hard to keep JaeBum out of his mind for the last couple of days. And he knew all of the last few days' effort to erase all of his feelings towards JaeBum, would go to waste as soon as he tapped on that icon. But he couldn't help it, he wanted to see JaeBum. He needed to see his face, to admire his skin, so fair it beated the hell out of those soap models, to bore into those magical orbs, to caress JaeBum's face even though it was only an Instagram picture. He needed to. And so, he did tapped on the icon.

Weirdly, the last picture JaeBum posted was from the morning before he confessed to the boy. He was wondering if his confession really bothered JaeBum that much. It made him realize, the state he was in wouldn’t bring anything good to start a relationship with JaeBum, nor will it help with his study.

"Snap out of it, Park JinYoung. You're a grown man with great responsibilities, and you should be ashamed of yourself for not being your true self just because you got rejected by the guy. Come on! Come on! Workload is plenty, the competition is nearing, and-"

"Jesus Christ! The competition!"

JinYoung ran towards the calendar hanging on the wall, right above his study desk. He spotted the red circles around the number 24 and sighed. He got a week to be at his best condition or he'll lose his chance to keep his consecutive winner status.

"JaeBum really got to go. I need to focus on this. And the student council, too. Damn it! There's so many things to do!" He groaned his way to his wardrobe, taking out his running attire.

"Great, I only got this," JinYoung's lips pressed forming a thin line, thinking about the cold breeze of autumn wind.

"Screw it, I'll get warm by running anyway," JinYoung mumbled, quickly changed into the red polyester tank top jersey, and the short shorts he used on summer competition a couple of months ago.

 

 

 

 

 

Ever since little, JinYoung had always enjoyed running. He loved the breezes of the wind, hitting against his skin. He loved the sun's warmth and most of all, he can spend good amount of time being lost in his own fun, forgetting any thoughts he had in his mind. It was the thing that kept him at ease, especially in the midst of his chaotic schedule.

Luckily, near his house there's this beautiful park that has a long jogging track. It didn't really help his agility, but helped a lot for his endurance. Which didn't benefit anything to him unless he was competing in marathon. Sprinting needs agility and strength more than endurance, but for now, jogging track is more than enough. He'll go to school tomorrow and train in the real lap.

There's nothing more soothing than the green grass and the cool shade from the trees around. JinYoung found himself running through the track, lost in thoughts. He went to practice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter