Plus One

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's Note] MUST READ

Hi, guys, thank you for your patience! Here's an update. :D I decided to divide the last chapter because it still isn't finished. So here's the first part, which is called Plus One. So, without further chit chat, please enjoy reading this chapter. Do tell me how you think about this update on the comment section, upvote if you think it's good, and tell me if you find any grammatical mistakes or weird things on the update, cause I really didn't proof read this. Do comment your thoughts on this progress. Comments are loved.

 

JaeBum slapped his face again and again. If other people were to see the state of his cheeks, they would probably think he was having a scarlet fever. Luckily, he’s at home, alone. He turned the faucet and let the water flows, holding some of the fresh water in his palms, before he splashed his face with it. He did it over and over, until the warmth from his face subsided. It wasn’t fully because of the face slap. It also got to do with the event before. He thought again about what happened after the game.

 

 

 

 

 

The spectators basically ran inside the field, rushing over their school’s representatives, some were cheering with joy, and some were comforting silently. And Jackson, being the stupid human he is decided to tag JaeBum along with him into the crowds of high schoolers, and that’s not cool. Because, one, they smell, and two, they were jostling in the field, their sticky sweats brushing against his arms was a nightmare. But in the midst of the crowds, he heard someone called for him. JinYoung had approached him, still holding the trophy.

Jackson had shoved him through the crowds, probably trying to get closer to JinYoung. And when JinYoung finally made it to them, JinYoung pulled him into a hug. A tight hug. A really tight hug. Bone crushing, almost. JaeBum, however, was too electrified to shove the hot, equally smelly, a lot sweatier body in front of him. And JinYoung didn’t let go until Jackson actually cleared his throat. JinYoung clumsily let go of JaeBum and scratched the back of his head with the hand he didn’t use to carry the trophy.

“Sorry. I was too carried away,” JinYoung looked down, but JaeBum can clearly see the reddish tint on his face.

JaeBum didn’t answer, though. He didn’t know how to respond to that. He could snap at JinYoung for initiating body contact, but somehow he didn’t feel angry. Which was quite something because he remembered he wasn’t really on such a good term with JinYoung with everything that has been going on lately. Jackson just giggled at the awkwardness.

“What, I don’t get a hug?” Jackson said, opening his arms.

JinYoung chuckled and his crinkles showed up. He then welcomed Jackson’s inviting arms and collided their bodies together. Jackson muttered something like “Congratulations, man” and let go. JaeBum was still.

“Oh, hey, guys! You’re still here?” a familiar voice called.

“SungJin? What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be repenting over your sad losing ? JinYoung here just beat the hell out of you. And I heard this wasn’t the first time, too,” Jackson crossed his arms and pulled a cocky smile. SungJin’s face twitched for a second, but then he forced a smile.

“My little brother here isn’t really an easy opponent. Losing to him wasn’t bothering me, cause he deserved to win,” SungJin said wisely.

“Oh, burn! You’re just saying that because you’re from a sports academy, yet you lose to someone from our school. And to a nerd like JinYoung, at that!” Jackson scoffed.

“Yeah, that was actually an insult to myself, too, though,” JinYoung muttered softly, not really sure what to do about Jackson’s sudden tension.

“Don’t mind him. He never thought about what he said,” JaeBum shook his head.

JinYoung just nodded his head, like JaeBum’s words were the secret of life, admiring it to the fullest, while Jackson and SungJin continues quarreling.

“You know what? Who are you to judge? Are you still sour that my past relationship with JaeBum didn’t work out the way you want it?” SungJin snapped.

“Excuse me? You cheated on him with some random dude in a bar! You’re not even legal!” Jackson snapped back.

“I was drunk! And I appologized for it! You just had to keep badmouthing about me to him ‘till we break up!” SungJin grabbed the collar of Jackson’s shirt.

“Jackson!” JaeBum exclaimed.

JinYoung instantly pulled his cousin away from Jackson. “Hyung! Why are you getting mad? We’re in public!” JinYoung locked SungJin’s belly with his arms.

“Don’t block him from me JinYoung! Let him come to me!” Jackson fished.

“Jackson, stop! There’s no point!” JaeBum sighed.

“E-hem,” a really tall, no big guy crept from behind JinYoung and Sungjin.

When they both turned around, they were startled to see the man. “Samchon*!” both of them exclaimed together. Both of JaeBum and JinYoung shared a look.

*Samchon means uncle

“What’s happening here?” the man whom Jackson was sure looked not even thirty asked.

“Ah, no! We were just chatting here with my schoolmates,” JinYoung nervously chuckled.

“Yeah, we were just chatting for a bit,” SungJin joined in, shifting his body from JinYoung’s lock.

The man cocked an eyebrow, not really convinced with what he just heard. “It doesn’t look like you guys were chatting, though. Anyway, JinYoung’s friends? Nice to meet you. I’m Ok TaecYeon, these two boys’ uncle,” the man extended his hands to JaeBum.

“Im JaeBum, Sir,” JaeBum awkwardly shook the hand.

“Please, don’t call me ‘Sir’. Makes me sound like a geezer,” TaecYeon chuckled.

The man called TaecYeon then extended his hand towards Jackson, who is staring blankly at TaecYeon. That was until JaeBum nudged his arms, Jackson came into his consciousness and noticed a hand was offered to him. He shook it, immediately. The man called TaecYeon smiled and raised his eyebrows, as if Jackson needed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter