The Talk

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's Note] MUST READ

Hi, guys, thank you for your patience! Here's an update. :D So, without further chit chat, please enjoy reading this chapter. Do tell me how you think about this update on the comment section, upvote if you think it's good, and tell me if you find any grammatical mistakes or weird things on the update, cause I really didn't proof read this. Please read the end of the chapter's note. I have a surprise for you all.

 

"We need to talk," Jackson said in a serious tone.

"Uh, okay? Why don't you, uh, come in? Autumn breeze is chilling," Jinyoung stepped aside from the gate opening, allowing some space for Jackson.

"Good idea," Jackson said.

 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum dropped his knapsack on the couch of his barely lit living room. His parents were supposed to be home tonight, but he guessed it would probably be around midnight like usual. He glanced at an additional huge pocket attached on the outer side of his knapsack. Jaebum was tempted to reach out and mess around with his camera, but he knew better not to as it would take hours before he could get that thing off his hand. Camera has always been his idol in life.

Jaebum stood up and dragged his knapsack and proceed to the equally, if not darker, dark room. He tossed the bag on his queen-size bed, not really bothering about the camera that might be broken due to his ignorance. Truth be told he never cares. His father owned a camera producing company for goodness sake.

Jaebum ed his uniform, leaving his clothing pieces scattered on the floor before entering the bathroom. He adjusted the temperature for his shower before turning the faucet on, letting warm liquid pour on his bare body. Nothing beats a warm shower to end a day. It opens the pores on your skin, letting sweats drained, making you fresh, but at the same time provided you with warmth in this chilly autumn weather.

Autumn. That made Jaebum think of certain someone. Someone who crept into his daily life for the past two weeks. Someone who idiotically confessed to him in front of the whole school. Someone whose absence made his school life a living hell as everyone turned to hate on him. Someone who suddenly fell sick after meeting with him for the second time, but managed to generously gave him some portion of eclaire, which he craved so much that rainy day. Someone who made him cook and work, if you consider him taking care of Jinyoung a decent work that is. And someone who caused him to be home longer for two days in a row, because he was practicing for an autumn running competition in two days.

'Wait, was it autumn running competition or fall running competition? Ugh, whatever,’ Jaebum thought, as he run his hand combing his wet hair backwards, letting some warm water fell directly on his face.

"You shouldn't really be thinking about this, Jaebum. It's only gonna make you angry. That won't be good for your skin. And that damned magazine photographer would complain again at how dry your skin was and you'll end up losing your part time job. And that'll mean losing pocket money an your model status at the same time," Jaebum muttered to himself. Jaebum closed his eyes. He let his mind drifted away, thoughts washed away along with the droplets of water falling down from his skin.

 

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung opened his refrigerator, grabbing two cans of coke and peeked from behind the refrigerator door, only to see Jackson staring at his family photo, well, frowning at the huge photograph, to be exact. Jinyoung felt like he had made the biggest mistake, walking Jaebum home, earlier. This was probably what Jackson was going to talk about anyway. And he was more than ready to give the boy his explanation. So he breathed in and let out an audible sigh and walked to Jackson, still on his running attire.

"Here," Jinyoung tossed the can in the air and Jackson caught it neatly.

"So," Jinyoung said as he sat himself on one of the couch, waiting for Jackson to join him sitting down, which Jackson immediately did actually.

"I'm here to ask you a couple of questions," Jackson said still with a serious tone.

"Wait. Before you accuse me of anything, I'm just going to tell you, there's nothing between me and Jaebum. I just walked him home, earlier, but that was because he was on mandatory duty from the Principal, so I accompany him. And I didn't force him to do anything. I literally just walked him home. I swear," Jinyoung quickly explained.

Jackson raised his brows. He obviously didn't know that information before. Heck, he was tired of waiting for Jinyoung from after school in front of his house like a stalker. The security from the neighborhood eventually walked up to him and asked him what he was doing there. But that's not important. Jackson was more interested to the fact that Jinyoung was walking Jaebum home. Is there anything more obvious that shows you ARE courting someone than walking him/her home? No.

"You were walking Jaebum home? Really? With that stinky sweaty jersey you're wearing right now?" Jackson asked pointing at his outfit.

"Um, yeah?" Jinyoung answered. He then proceeded to sniff on his arm. He smelled, alright. But he didn't think it would be a problem since he's going to shower anyway.

"Did Jaebum have any say in that? Like the fact that you smelled sour, or that you should be in a certain distance away from you?" Jackson leaned forward, anticipating the answer.

"Well, I.. Guess.. Not?" Jinyoung raised one brow.

"Really?" Jackson threw his hands in the air before dropping it heavily on his thighs, making a slapping sound. From Jinyoung's sight, the boy didn't look so pleased with that.

"And yet he always complained when I sweat and smell," Jackson grumbled to himself.

Jinyoung settled to just observe the boy, because it was obvious that Jackson was jealous. Nothing good would come out if he continue explaining what they just did to a jealous boyfriend. And Jackson seemed to be very protective of Jaebum, that is from what he saw yesterday, during lunch break, when a couple confronted Jaebum because he scolded the girlfriend.

Jackson sighed.

"Okay, where were we?" Jackson cleared his throat.

"Uh, you said you were going to ask me a couple of questions?" Jinyoung said.

"Yes, right. So, Jinyoung, was it? What's your full name?" Jackson asked flatly despite knowing the answer.

"Park Jinyoung."

Jackson frowned and paused for a bit, like that was totally the wrong answer to a very easy question.

"Age?"

"Seventeen," he answered.

"Oh, we're the same age. Nice to meet you. I'll drop the honorifics, then," Jackson said before continuing with questions. "Is this your house?"

"Yes?"

"Your parents aren't here?"

"They just moved from Busan to Canada two years ago. I'm living alone," Jinyoung answered casually.

"Canada? Are they having a business there or something?" Jackson asked out of curiosity.

Jinyoung chuckled. "Nah, they're actually farmers. My mother dreamt of living overseas since before her marriage. My father said that it's a good time to bring that dream to realization as I'm going away to high school. They figured it would be just about the same, being in Canada and Busan while I'm here in Seoul."

Jackson nodded, amused.

"Back to my questions. Are you single?" Jackson asked in a serious tone again.

"What?!" Jinyoung responded taken aback by the question.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter