The Assembly

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Author's Current Condition]

Exhausted due to so many things happening all at once. Currently in need to post something in this website, so here I go.

[Author's Note]

Does anyone want an update? Or is there still anybody waiting for me to update? If so, then today is your lucky day, because after hiding in a cave, I'm posting an update. This is one of the last chapters. I still didn't write the next chapter, because I still am confused on how I should end this. I'm bad at endings. Do comment your thoughts on this progress. Comments are loved.

 

WonPil had arrived at the front gate, and JinYoung rushed immediately to the car. He really was excited. Nervous, at the same time. After all, JaeBum had agreed on coming as his plus one. That was, if the boy decided to show up. Knowing JaeBum, JinYoung had prepared his mental just in case JaeBum stood him up at the event tonight. He just prayed that JaeBum didn’t suddenly change his mind because he didn’t want to be under the same roof with his cousin.

When JinYoung opened the door of the car and slid himself into the seat next to WonPil, the first thing he asked was, “Hey, how do I look?” WonPil just gave him his side eyes. Sighing unamused.

“Well, honestly, with a face like yours, asking the opinion of others about how you look would definitely be considered as rude. I didn’t even want to answer that,” WonPil said casually, shifting the gears as soon as JinYoung put on his seatbelt.

“I’m not in the mood for the crap you’re saying. I seriously need your opinion,” JinYoung said annoyed.

“Well you basically look like a love child of Dream-High’s Hyun ShiHyuk and Song SamDong when they decided to abandon Go HyeMi and pursue their love life,” WonPil said matter-of-factly.

“I will pretend you never said anything. Let’s begin again. WonPil, my friend, how do I look? Am I presentable? I mean, will JaeBum, you know, like this? No, will this look be okay?” JinYoung asked, fixing his long black silk necktie.

WonPil sighed again. “Dude, I told you you’re looking fine. Everything’s perfectly in place. As for JaeBum, well, the kid clearly hated you the moment you confessed to him publicly, it’s a miracle that he even said yes to go as your plus one. I’ll take that as a change of heart, or opening up for you, I guess?” WonPil grinned warmly.

That somehow relaxed JinYoung a bit. WonPil’s right. The fact that JaeBum said yes to him was already shocking. He believed JaeBum had warmed up to him and this might be his chance to proof that he was worth the try. He wouldn’t dissapoint the boy, he promised that. And that was also the very reason he needed to calm himself throughout the ride, because the thought of messing up scared him. It would cost JaeBum. And he could not afford getting back to square one once again.

That’s when WonPil decided to ruin every confidence he had in him. “Well, there is also a chance that he said yes just to troll with you and in the end he stood you up, not even bothering to come tonight.”

“I hate you,” JinYoung muttered deadly.

 

 

 

 

 

Their school hall was swarming with people. Students and teachers from their region assembled there, celebrating the end of the Autumn’s Regional Competition. The place was decorated neatly and elegantly, thanks to the hardwork the final year student exerted under direct supervision of Principal Fei. She really didn’t want any flaw on the event, claiming she wanted other school to acknowledge their school’s superiority. Which was pointless and stupid, according to every students involved. Even JinYoung. As JinYoung looked the opposite direction of the mini-stage was the buffet, filled with cookies and cakes. JinYoung felt hungry before, but he had lost the appetite, as the event had started half an hour ago, and there was still no sign of JaeBum. The poor guy didn’t even spot Jackson around. JinYoung looked around for the hundreth time, hoping when he sweep his eyes through the crowds, he would find JaeBum.

So when he failed to find JaeBum, he heaved a long sigh, shoulders slumped, and WonPil patted his back, muttering words of comfort. The MCs announced that it was time for the winner to be awarded and delivering their speech. When the MCs called the winner of the first sport branch competition, he bitterly watched as the winner brought his plus one on the stage, standing gracefully beside the champion. He should never had hoped JaeBum to come. He knew how much the other boy hated him. There were still a lot of champions to deliver their speech on the stage before his turn, so he haded towards the buffet, grabbed himself a glass filled with coke and stood idly at among the students who were busy eating and chatting, not even listening to the speech being delivered.

When it was his turn to go up to the stage, the MCs introduced him and the crowd went wild. It was his school after all. Most of the participants were the forced-to-attend final year students which were his friends, so everyone basically waited for his name to be called to the stage. JinYoung, walked quickly to the stage, alone, unlike the previous winner, and the MCs didn’t let this opportunity go to waste, so they decided to before letting him proceed with his speech.

“JinYoung-ssi, the rest of the winner had brought their dates to the stage. You’re the only one that came up here alone. Are you perhaps single?” The male MC asked.

“I am single,” JinYoung answered, matter-of-factly, offering the MC a smile, as the crowd went wild again. He heard the female students called out to him.

“Then, that’s a good news to my co-MC. Seolhyun-ssi, why don’t you introduce yourself?” The male MC nudged the female MC.

“Ah, stop sayin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter