head

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's Current Condition]

Why do I even bother having this section, anyway? Okay, so, I was supposed to update this on the 7th, as promised, but I had a night shift to cover. Sorry, everyone. And, I also was supposed to update it on the 8th to make things up, but I ran out of my Internet quota and apparently the nearest WiFi was unavailable at the moment. So, here I am, with the late update. This will be quick.

[Author's Note]

This was supposed to be an Im JaeBum's Point of View of the first chapter, but I changed my mind, thinking that the story wouldn't progress if I focused so much on the start of the problem. Instead I wrote how JaeBum's life is after JinYoung confessed. Much love for the subscribers, commenters, and MY OBVIOUS SILENT READERS! I LOVE YOU. YOU GOTTA KNOW. Thanks for all the support, guys. Here, have a chapter to read.

 

Life was always easy for Im JaeBum. He always had what he wanted. A prestigious school from the start of his education, a special treatment wherever he stepped his foot at, friends who would pester around him all the time, and people ready to do everything he wanted with a snap of his finger. When your father was the National Branch Director of a popular camera company, you basically live your life comfortably. And that was exactly his case throughout his last semester in high school. He wasn’t exactly an outgoing person, but he was sociable enough to make a bunch of friends. And the fact that the school knows his father was one of the main donator for their school, made everyone wants to be his friend. For certain purposes, money-related, usually. But he knew his boundaries when it comes to money, because he had clear counscience that it was his parent’s money and he had no right spending them irresponsibly. That was a fact no one knew from the self-centered, arrogant troublemaker Im JaeBum.

But no one bats an eye. Simply because they wanted to get closer to him, or the exact opposite, not wanting to involve in anything related to him. JaeBum took a part-time job liku any other high-schooler his age to earn pocket money. Yes, his pocket money comes from his part-time job. But of course, it wasn’t a usual part-time job you had like handing out flyers, delivering newspaper, or working as an attendant on some restaurant. JaeBum, again, had his life made easy for him. One of his father’s friend, who happened to own a huge Publishing Company had introduced him to one of his new trial magazine, to be a temporary model. It didn’t require him to be in the cover of the magazine, and it was honestly just a simple photography session which would be placed in some product endorsement pages. Regardless, a model is still a model, and his popularity boosted immediately when the school miraculously knew his modeling activity. His friends were simply jealous, but when they found out he did it for pocket money, they were quite surprised. At least people in school had viewed him in a better perspective when they found out he wasn’t as spoiled as they thought he was.

To say that he had never take advantage of his father’s contribution as the school’s donator was not completely true. He managed to dress the way he wanted, with piercings and his blonde hair, just by handing out a letter of request saying it was for his part-time job. The school didn’t necessarily have to approve it, but they give him permission, anyway. And that’s when people around him started talking about how it was inappropriate for high-schooler to dress like he does. But like usual, the talk about him only circulate among the people that knew him. Other student didn’t mind, but of course they would stare at his styled-up blonde hair whenever he went around school.

To put it simply, JaeBum’s life was completely a bliss. A peaceful ride with a few bumps here and there. But that was about to change.

 

 

 

Im JaeBum had become a hot issue in a short period of time. In two days, the talk about him being proposed in front of the school yard had spread like wildfire. He had to thank a particular psycho named Park JinYoung. What surprised him was the people’s response toward him was intensely annoying. Oh, the hate he got was way too much. People would glare at him the moment he entered the school gate. Girls would throw him a judging look, and his other guy friends just became distant automatically. In exactly two days, his normal, quiet, slightly popular life as a student changed drastically into an object of loathing. Why? He didn’t really knew why. People just suddenly changed and hated on him.

“Look at him,” JaeBum heard a girl, whispered to her other friends. He noticed a bunch of girls had sat on the empty seats on the table right behind him.

JaeBum, who was eating alone peacefully in the school cafetaria tensed immediately. Lately, it was really hard to eat without people getting on his nerves. They were talking about him in public, now, like he made it to the 9PM News. But he wasn’t really going to do anything about it, since there are A LOT of people that were talking about him, be it way back before, or now. He believed it would even continue in distant future, so he just shrug it off.

“Who? That blonde boy?” One of the girl asked.

“You didn’t know him?” Another girl responded a bit taken aback.

“No. I just sees him often. His hair was really hard not to notice,” the girl replied.

“He was the one that everyone had talked about. The one that rejected our Student Council President,” the other girl replied, her voice toned down a bit, but still too clear for JaeBum to hear. They were exactly 3 feet away, anyway.

“Wait, what? Park JinYoung? Park JinYoung confessed to that guy?” JaeBum heard how shocked the girl was.

“His name is Im JaeBum. He was one of our school’s biggest donator’s son. And he’s been modeling for a certain magazine because of his father’s ability to put him in the business. Have you checked out his social media? He’s got lots of followers. He’s really popular. I’m surprised you didn’t know,” the other girl replied lengthy. JaeBum couldn’t help but getting a bit pissed at the comment made about him. But he put all his concentration back to the food in front of him. He chewed on the cold noodles, hoping it would pass through his throat, quickly, before he completely lost his appetite.

“You didn’t answer my question. Park JinYoung, THE President Park JinYoung confessed to him? What did he see on him?” the girl’s question made JaeBum scoffed. Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter