The Fall Sprinting Competition

Picturesque
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Author's Note] MUST READ

Hi, guys, thank you for your patience! Here's an update. :D So, without further chit chat, please enjoy reading this chapter. Do tell me how you think about this update on the comment section, upvote if you think it's good, and tell me if you find any grammatical mistakes or weird things on the update, cause I really didn't proof read this. Oh, and there really is so many things going on in this one chapter, so please bear with me. I have to put so many things so I can end this story at the right time. Please read the end of the chapter's note. I have a surprise for you all.

 

JaeBum decided to visit JinYoung that morning. He just feel like visiting. He, of course had texted Jackson beforehand not to drop by. Jackson was so worked up when he made him wait for JaeBum at his house the other day. He was not going to have Jackson nag all day long again. And with a simple "OK" as Jackson's reply, JaeBum set out to JinYoung's place.

"What should I say to him?" JaeBum thought to himself along the way.

And when he found himself in front of the gate to JinYoung's house, JaeBum froze on the spot. What should he say to JinYoung? In the midst of thoughts, a familiar voice called him.

"JaeBum? Is that you?" JinYoung peeked from behind the gate.

"Huh?" JaeBum looked behind the gap in between the thick bars.

"Good thing you're here. We're about to leave for school, anyway," JinYoung said smiling. JaeBum blushed seeing the radiant smile. JinYoung opened the gate slightly and JaeBum finally got a glimpse of JinYoung in his full attire.

"W-we?" JaeBum hesitated to ask.

"Hey, dude!" Came a familiar voice from behind JinYoung.

"Ja-Jackson! What are you doing he-" JaeBum took a few step back, when suddenly a car honked its horn as JaeBum stepped into the small road in front of JinYoung's gate.

"JaeBum!" JinYoung exclaimed and pulled on his wrist, pulling JaeBum onto his embrace, preventing JaeBum from getting hit by the car.

"Huh?" JaeBum's face landed on JinYoung's chest.

'What happened? Why am I so close to him? I can smell his perfume. Was he always this good? No, he wasn't like this yesterday. Maybe because of the intense practice, it was masked,’ JaeBum's mind drifted to figure what perfume the boy might sprayed on him. It really triggered his olfactory nerves.

Snap. Snap. Snap. "This picture will surely bring wealth to me," Jackson chuckled taking some more photos of JaeBum in JinYoung's embrace.

"Exclusive, this is exclusive," he added.

JaeBum suddenly noticed that he was being photographed by Jackson and tried to break free from JinYoung's embrace. That's when JinYoung snapped.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? You could've got hurt," JinYoung yelled and gripped on JaeBum's arms.

"Huh?"

JinYoung sighed. "Don't ever do that again. Are you hurt?"

JaeBum just shook his head gently.

"Seriously, guys, skinship this early in the morning? If the whole school knows-"

Jackson was cut short with JaeBum's wrath. "No one in school will know about this, you hear me! Or I will tell JinYoung something about your secret crush!"

"What?! JaeBum, that's a lie, and you know it! JinYoung don't listen to anything this guy said. He's a liar. One of the things you should be worried for yourself.”

"Shut up Jackson," JaeBum glared at him. "Why are you here anyway?" JaeBum asked sternly.

"Well, as you can see," Jackson singed his arms around JinYoung's shoulders, before continuing "Me and JinYoung are friends now. And I was just planning to pick him up since you said you had something to do. Turns out that something is JinYoung, huh?" Jackson teased.

"Oh, God. I'm leaving. You guys do whatever you want," JaeBum shook his head in total annoyance.

"Hey, let's go to school together then!" JinYoung suggested.

"Yes, JaeJae, we should go to school together, just like how you wanted it to be every morning," Jackson teased again.

"Jackson, you know, I really will tell the whole school about your little crush on-"

"Okay! Okay! Jeez! You're so annoying! I'd rather shut up than you spreading false rumor like that to our stupid school,” Jackson pouted.

"Good, now drive us to school!" JaeBum commanded. And with that JaeBum and JinYoung walked to Jackson's car which was parked in JinYoung's garage. Jackson pulled JaeBum away for a second, letting JinYoung walked in front.

"Hey, JaeBum," Jackson started, placing his palm on one of JaeBum's shoulder.

"What..." JaeBum said not interested in what the HongKong native had to say.

"I like this one," Jackson commented.

JaeBum shoved the boy as hard as he can, causing Jackson to laugh and walked up to the garage. The three of them than proceeded to get in Jackson's car, both Jackson and JaeBum on the front seat while JinYoung hopped on the passenger seat. JinYoung just watched JaeBum on mute mode the whole way and Jackson decided to leave the guy alone and engage himself in asking JinYoung about the "Fall Sprinting Competition". In his mind JaeBum commented something about that being the actual real name of the competition of course.

"So, when will this competition be?" Jackson asked.

"Tomorrow, at 3PM," JinYoung said simply.

"Who's gonna participate?" Jackson asked again.

"Basically the school in this district, so there usually is about 4 to 5 challengers each year," JinYoung replied.

"This wasn't your first time in the competition?" Jackson asked again.

"Jackson, I know for a fact that you knew this information. Heck, you're the one telling me that he was the consecutive winner of the game. Stop asking things you already know," JaeBum commented sourly.

"Dude seriously, I'm trying to be friendly here," Jackson grimaced at the latter on the seat beside him.

"It's okay, JaeBum. I don't mind. Anyway, are you guys gonna watch it? It's at GyeongJu High Sports Academy," JinYoung said.

Both Jackson and JaeBum was startled when they heard the school name. JinYoung didn't noticed then.

"Gyeo-GyeongJu High?" Jackson glanced to the rear mirror and then to JaeBum, who had thrown his gaze to look at random strangers through the window.

"Yeah, why? Is there a problem? The place is nearby though," JinYoung said.

"No, it's not that. I just, well, isn't that a sports academy? Are they allowed to participate? They're like especially trained for sports right?" Jackson chuckled awkwardly.

"They've been participating for as long as I've known. They're actually a private school like us. The sports academy was only a name legacy from the previous generations. They're not only focusing on sports anymore. Although, they still maintained their reputation on sportsmanship for being on a different level," JinYoung explained.

"You sure know a lot about the school, though," Jackson made a comment.

"Well, I was almost enrolled to that school out of sports scholarship after junior high," JinYoung cheerfully said.

"Really? That's amazing. Why didn’t you?" Jackson asked in amusement.

“Well, I liked sports, but I found our school gives better access for college entrance, so I enrolled here,” JinYoung replied. Jackson nodded along.

"So, you guys will come to the competition? You know, the more the merrier. It would be nice if I have some supporters since I'm in their home-base," JinYoung pouted, hoping JaeBum would see the competition, just because.

"Of course we'll go. JaeBum's single, so he doesn't have anything to do tomorrow," Jackson quickly responded.

"Really, Jackson? Tomorrow's Saturday, I've got-"

"No, you're not in any pictorial contract, right now. I've checked," Jackson intercepted.

"Jackson!" JaeBum hissed.

"Don't worry JinYoung, we'll be there," Jackson said.

"Great! Anybody wants dried mangoes?" JinYoung pulled out a plastic of new dried mangoes.

 

 

 

 

 

"I still can't believe that I actually got to watch this stupid competition with you," JaeBum said with a grumpy face.

"Oh don't be so sad, JaeBum. It's not your fault. You just loved dried mangoes so much. And besides, you couldn’t afford those photos I took be released to the whole school," Jackson said.

"Yeah, you better keep that promise and have those dried mangos served by next week," JaeBum said as he finger-combed his fading blonde hair.

"Where are you going to buy them, anyway? Online?" JaeBum asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter