Chapter 8

Our Love Story

Seo Jin's POV

I woke up today with Jimin in my mind. It isn't easy coping. But I know that one day, I will be able to do it, I will be able to live without thinking of him. I think that when it all comes down to it, there will always be a part of me, no matter how small, that believes Jimin will come back. Years from now, when we're older, after we've loved different people, lived different lives, everything will intertwine once again. He will see me, and he may notice that I smiled a different smile, laugh a different laugh, and my eyes don't shine as bright as they used to. Well, for him, his hair will be different, but his smell, the one I have spent years trying to wash off my skin, will be the same, and it will bring me back to a simpler time. A time filled with laughter, joy, and pure innocence. A time sitting on the hood of his car, looking up to the stars, and talking about the future. A time of happiness. We'll both be older, but suddenly, we'll both remember what it felt like to be in love - to be happy.

I sighed and got up from my bed.

"You don't have time to dwell in the past if you want to make it through this audition," I told myself.

I went to wash up, and went downstairs for my breakfast. Surprisingly, the house was so quiet, and even more surprisingly, there wasn't any food on the table. I walked to the kitchen but saw no one there. I went up to my parents' room. The bed was already made, there was no one in the room.

"Omma!" I called. No response.

"Appa!" I called. No response.

"Ahjumma!" I called. No response.

No one was at home. I was alone. Again. I ran back up to my room and called Jungkook. He picked up really quickly.

"Ne, Seo Jin ah," Jungkook panted.

"Are you dancing?" I asked, hearing music at the background.

"Ne, we're practicing," He told me.

"Mmm... Then work hard!" I said.

"Why did you call?" He asked.

"Ani... I'm alone at home..." I said softly. I must have sounded pathetic.

"Come over then!" Jungkook said.

"Jimin..." I reminded him.

"Gwaenchana, just come over. I'm sure Hyung has things to tell you too," Jungkook told me, and then hung up the phone.

I sat on the corner of my bed, and thought through it. Should I go? Or should I not? In the end, I decided to go. Not because of anything, but because I miss Jimin and I had to see him. I changed into my casual wear and went out. I walked over to Jungkook's house and rang the doorbell. Not long later, the door opened. I looked in and saw Namjoon Oppa. He flashed his smile at me, with the perfect dimples. I smiled back.

"Come in, we're waiting for you," He said and put his arm around my shoulder.

I stepped in and followed Namjoon Oppa down to the basement. So that's where they dance. He pushed open the door and let me in. Everyone was sitting on the floor talking. The moment I stepped in, everyone turned and look at me, everyone smiled at me. Everyone except Jimin.

"Do you want to see our new dance?" Hoseok Oppa asked.

I nodded my head. Everyone got up and got into their places. Including Jimin. The music started playing and everyone danced. Jimin, however, seemed to be dancing harder then everyone else. I looked at his footings, afraid that he will sprain his ankle and fall. Thankfully, he danced the whole dance without hurting himself. Everyone did well.

"How was the dance? How was the song?" Hoseok Oppa asked.

"The dance is nice, full of energy. The song is catchy," I answered, looking at Jimin.

He seemed to know I was staring, because he turned over to stare at me. I didn't turn away. I expected myself to turn away, but I didn't.

"Do you need some time to talk to him?" Seokjin Oppa asked.

"I don't. But does he?" I asked, still looking at Jimin.

"He does," Jungkook answered.

"Then..." I stood up and left the studio.

 

 


Jimin's POV

We were in the middle of dancing for probably the thirtieth time, when someone's phone rang.

"Mine!" Jungkook shouted and ran to his bag.

All of stopped dancing, but the music continued playing.

"Ne, Seo Jin ah," Jungkook panted.

I turned to look at Jungkook. Jungkook turned to look at me too. He signaled for me to go over. I shook my head. Jungkook nodded his head and glared at me. I gave in, and walked over.

"Ne, we're practicing," Jungkook told Seo Jin. She must have heard the music at the background.

"Why did you call?" He asked her.

"Come over then!" Jungkook said, and smiled at me.

I immediately shook my head. Jungkook ignored me.

"Gwaenchana, just come over. I'm sure Hyung has things to tell you too," Jungkook looked at me while saying that. After which, he hung up the phone.

"What do I have to tell her?" I asked.

"Everything that's on your mind, everything you wanted to tell her," Jungkook gave me a pat on my back and went back to dancing.

"Seo Jin is coming over?" Yoongi Hyung asked.

"Ne," Jungkook answered, nodding his head once.

"Let's rest till she comes," I suggested.

Everyone agreed. I was somehow nervous. My heart was racing, beating at a really fast rate. Not long later, the doorbell rang.

"I'll go open it," Namjoon Hyung said and ran up.

A while later, I saw Namjoon Hyung's silhouette. Seo Jin is here. I turned away. My heart was beating even faster now.

"Do you want to see our new dance?" Hoseok Hyung asked her.

There was no response, but everyone stood up. So, she must have nodded her head. Everyone got to their places. No More Dream started playing, everyone started dancing. I was dancing harder than I usual was. I was afraid I would lose my footing, sprain my ankle and fall. But fortunately, I danced without hurting myself. I looked in the mirror on and off while dancing, and realised Seo Jin was only focusing on me.

"How was the dance? How was the song?" Hoseok Hyung asked.

"The dance is nice, full of energy. The song is catchy," Seo Jin answered.

Somehow, I felt as if someone was looking at me. I turned around, and saw Seo Jin staring at me. She didn't turn away when we made eye contact.

"Do you need some time to talk to him?" Seokjin Hyung asked her.

"I don't. But does he?" She asked. She was still staring at me. So was I.

"He does," Jungkook answered on behalf of me.

"Then..." She got up and left the studio.

I sighed and followed after her. I found her sitting in the living room. I walked over and sat opposite her.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I'll live. You?" She asked.

"I'm coping pretty well," I told her. It was half a lie, and half the truth.

I saw disappointment written on her face.

"Are you disappointed?" I asked.

"No, why would I be?" Shock was written on her face this time.

"Have you been eating well?" I asked.

"Of course. You?" She asked.

"I haven't," I lied, to see how she would response. And this time, worry was written on her face.

"I have been eating well," I laughed. This time, it was relieve that was written on her face.

"That's good," She smiled slightly.

"Anything you want to say?" I asked.

"Don't skip meals, don't starve yourself. And when you eat, eat enough. Don't eat too much, don't eat too little. Keep smiling, keep laughing. Your smile is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Your laughter is the nicest sound I have ever heard. I promised you that I'll wait for you. But if I break that promise first, forgive me. Sleep early, don't overwork yourself. Whatever you do, I hope you find joy while doing it. If you find someone new, tell me. And don't let girls break your heart over and over again. It isn't worth it," She smiled at me. It was a sad smile.

"Anything else?" I asked, forcing myself to keep a straight face.

She shook her head.

"I'll get going," She got up from the sofa and left.

I stared at the door, even after she left, and sighed.

"Everything okay?" Taehyung came and sat next to me.

"Dangyeonhaji," I smiled.

"You sure?" Taehyung asked.

"We accept the love we deserve, I guess..." I said, then smiled at Taehyung to assure him I was fine.

"Yah, come back here!" Jungkook shouted from the basement.

Taehyung and I ran back downstairs.

"We can signup for the audition now, then go for it when they tell us to!" Jungkook looked up from his laptop and told us excitedly.

"Signup now," Seokjin Hyung said.

After filling up the application form, Jungkook's phone rang. 

"Ne, Eomma," Jungkook answered the call.

Everyone stopped talking and looked at him.

"Ani, I won't go for that," Jungkook spoke.

There was silence again, then Jungkook hung up the phone.

"Tomorrow? 8am?" Jungkook asked us.

We nodded our heads.

"I need to go somewhere now," Jungkook said.

"We'll leave now," Taehyung said.

Jungkook said we wouldn't be sending us to the door and apologized, then ran up to his room.

 

 

 


Jungkook's POV

Blind date?! I don't want other girls. I just want Seo Jin. But, I'll still go for this, for my parents' sake. I told the guys that I wouldn't be sending them out, and apologized for that. I ran up to my room to change. I would have bathed if I had time, but I was running late. I had to change into something formal, as the place I was going to was a high class place. It was a restaurant in some hotel. I changed into a suit and left house. My family driver was waiting for me at the entrance. I got up the car and put my earpiece in. The song playing was Fools by Troye Sivan. I smiled. I did this cover with Namjoon Hyung recently. And instead of rapping, he actually sang! I looked out of the window, wondering who my blind date is. Is she like Seo Jin? Does she have a kind heart, just like Seo Jin? When she holds back her tears, does she clench her shaking fists? Although I know it wouldn't be Seo Jin, I still hoped it's her. The car stopped outside this hotel which looked so grand to me. I stepped out of the car and adjusted my suit. I never liked wearing a suit. Never. I took a deep breath and walked into the hotel. I walked to the restaurant and saw that it was empty. I looked around and saw a girl sitting on her own, facing the window. I walked over and sat down.

"Annyeong," I greeted.

Her face turned to face me, and she smiled. I couldn't help but stare at her. She was pretty. Really pretty. Her smile made her even prettier.

"Jeon Jungkook-sshi?" She asked, still smiling.

"N... Ne," I answered.

What's this now? My heart was thumping fast again. But I'm sure that she isn't the one. Because I read somewhere before, that the Buddhists say if you meet somebody and your heart oounds, your hand shakes, your knees go weak, that's not the one. They said that when you meet your 'soulmate', you'll feel calm. No anxiety, no agitation.

"Do you want to order your food first? It's already lunchtime," She said.

"I don't know your name yet," I said.

She laughed a tiny laugh and told me her name was Kim Hana. We introduced ourselves and talked while eating. She seems like a nice person, or at least better than I expected. After lunch, we both parted and went our own ways. I got up the car and started thinking. Somehow, she seems familiar. Could she be Seo Jin's friend? Seo Jin's bestfriend? Seo Jin's tablemate? Seo Jin's relative? Then I froze. Seo Jin's cousin. I have seen her before at Seo Jin's house. I called my mother.

"Omma," I called.

"How was the date?" She asked.

"Is she Seo Jin's cousin?" I asked.

My mum stayed silent for a while, then she said yes.