Chapter 12

Our Love Story

Seo Jin's POV

"Did you lie? So Jungkook isn't gay?" I asked.

Jimin just continued laughing. He lied on the floor and grabbed his stomach.

"Yah!" I hit Jimin on his arm and started laughing too.

Everyone couldn't help but laugh.

"Yah, stop stop stop. Let's continue the game," Yoongi said.

Jimin got up and sat properly. Jungkook spinned the bottle and it turned to Taehyung again.

"Hyung, what are we to you?" Jungkook asked.

"Family," Taehyung flashed his rectangle smile at everyone.

Jimin stood up and left the room.

"Where is he going?" Seokjin asked.

My eyes followed Jimin, until he was out of the basement. A while later, I got a text.

Come out, let's talk.

"I have to do something first," I excused myself and went up.

A hand suddenly grabbed my wrist. This familiar feeling.

"Don't say anything okay?" He put a finger to his lips.

I nodded my head.

"Come," He held my hand tight and led me up the stairs.

"Yah, this isn't your house," I said.

"It's okay, I need to show you something," He told me.

We walked up to the third floor and stopped outside Jungkook's room.

"Jungkook?" I turned to face Jimin.

"I need to show you something," He reached out to open the door.

I looked in. Nothing much, nothing special.

"What?" I asked.

"Look around first," He told me.

I looked around again.

"Look at his table," Jimin sighed.

I walked towards his table and sat down in front of it.

"What about his table?" I asked again.

"Open the first drawer," Jimin said.

I opened the first drawer.

"You see that letter? Open it and read it," Jimin said.

I picked up the letter, opened it, and read it.

"Out loud, if you can," Jimin said.

"To: Seo Jin... So this is for me?" I spun around to face Jimin.

He nodded his head. Jimin was seated opposite me, on Jungkook's bed.

"Continue reading," He said.

"By the time you read this, you would probably be happy somewhere. I'm giving to you this on our graduation day. The day where we go our own ways. Have you ever wondered who I like? I like the person reading this letter now. You. But I never had the courage to tell you so. You know, I found out that when you truly love someone, you won't even know it. And when you truly love someone, you won't have the courage to tell her so. I never wanted to tell you about the blind date with your cousin because you just broke up with Jimin Hyung. You know, Seo Jin ah, you can fake a smile, but you can't fake the sadness in your eyes. And to me, your happiness matters more than my own. So how could I? How could I hurt you even more, by telling you that I went on a blind date with your cousin? Seo Jin ah, I know you were the one who went onto my ask.fm to ask me that question. That question that says 'heyy do you have any advices to pull over heartbreak moments?'. Remember what I replied? I said that it's okay to relieve the past memories. But if it hurts too much, then try not to, because sometimes relieving the past memories can make you happier, but it can make you sadder too. Once it makes you sad, do me a favour. Stop. I know how badly you want to call him just to see how he is doing. But you can't do that. You can't talk to someone who held your heart in their palm, and pretend as if nothing happened. I know you want to ask why it is so hard getting over him. I know you want to know too, if he felt pain like knives in his sides like you did. I know too, that you want to know so badly if he ever felt lonely when he listened to music, or if things reminded him of the memories you both made. I know those times when you wanted to say so badly that you couldn't remember the sound of him calling your name anymore, and that sometimes, that scared you. But Seo Jin ah, you know that that is important. You know your last kiss wasn't like anything in the movies, that it was so brief, the wind had swept it away before you had a chance to commit it to memory. I know you want to explain, how now, that you'd forgotten everything apart from the way he made you feel, like you could do anything, like love wasn't just for perfect people, like love could also be for you. I know your ideal type too. And I know it's him. You want someone who cares for you, and constantly remind you that he loves you, that he cares for you, and that he is there for you when you need him. He also has to have a really sweet smile. He must also be someone who can make you laugh and smile when you're down. Someone who is a best friend to you too. He doesn't have to be really good-looking, but looks do matter to a certain extent for you. He has to be someone who doesn't flirt much too when together with you, because you get jealous really easily, even though you like to deny it. He has to be able to help you with your studies too. Someone who will stay up late just to talk to you. Someone who will stay even when you ask him to go. Someone who isn't afraid to show you off. You said more. And I know it's him that you're describing. I know it's hard to forgive someone who hurt you really badly. But trust me, he didn't mean it. He meant good. So forgive him okay? And if he wants you back, please do say yes. I like you a lot, but I want my Hyung to stop crying himself to sleep, I want my Hyung to be happy again. Love, Jungkook." I read out loud.

I put down the letter and looked at Jimin.

"Wow..." I said.

"That's Jungkook," He smiled a sad smile at me.

"He likes me?" I asked.

Jimin nodded his head.

"Is that why he said it will ruin our friendship?" I asked.

Jimin nodded his head again.

"What are you doing in my room?"

Jimin and I looked at the door. Jungkook walked in. He stared at the letter in my hand.

"How did you get that?" He asked me.

"I... Jimin..." I couldn't answer him properly.

Jungkook snatched back the letter.

"Get out of my room," Jungkook glared on the floor.

"Jungkook ah..." I said softly.

"Now..." He said without looking at me.

I stood up and left. Jimin closed the door behind me. I heard him lock the door.

 

 


Jimin's POV

Seo Jin stood up and left Jungkook's room. But I stayed. I waited for her to leave, then walk towards the door, closed it, and locked it.

"Why did you raise your voice at her?" I asked Jungkook.

He didn't reply. He just looked at me with sad eyes that were filled with tears.