Chapter 16

Our Love Story

Seo Jin's POV

Should I...? Or should I not...? I sighed and lied down on my bed.

"Going to the airport tomorrow?" My dad came into the room.

"Should I?" I asked.

"Do what your heart tells you to," My dad sat down next to me.

"I know... But... I don't know what my heart wants..." I sighed.

"I didn't know my daughter has this side," My dad chuckled.

"I know... I didn't know I have this side of me too..." I answered.

"What time is his flight?" My dad asked.

"Five in the morning," I turned to look at him.

"If you want to go, just sleep now," My dad said.

"Ani... I think I won't go..." I told him.

"Ne? Wae?" My dad asked.

"I... I need to move on, and if I go tomorrow, I'm scared I wouldn't be able to move on..." I said.

"It's afterall your choice," He said.

I sighed. After he left the room, my phone rang.

Jimin ♡, it read.

"Am I going to miss this...?" I touched his contact name, as if it was his face.

I picked up the call.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I... I'm sorry about just now... I was just hoping you would say something..." He said.

"It's okay," I couldn't help but smile slightly.

"It's okay if you have nothing to say. But I do have things to say, and I hope you'll bear with me," He told me.

"Go ahead," I answered.

"Don't interrupt me, alright? Remember our first time meeting? When I first saw you, I was like, 'Damn, I'm gonna make her mine.'. And I did it. I made you mine. But I let you go as well. But that's love, you know. If you truly love someone, you would let her go. Because you want the best for her. And so I did that. I blamed the world for a mistake I made. I started wallowing in self-pity. I kept asking myself why I let you go in the first place. Seo Jin ah... I can still feel your breath, as if you're still sleeping next to me right now. When you find someone new, make sure he watches all of your favorite movies, just like how I did. Make sure he holds you when you cry, just like how I did. Make sure he lets you tell him all your favourite parts even if you've seen it a million times, just like how I did. Make sure he sings to all your music while you dance to Purple Rain, like how I used to do. And when you stand in the dark just to dance, make sure he is the one dancing with you, make sure he lets you stand on his feet, just so you are around his height... I'm sorry I couldn't be better when we were one..." His voice slowly faded.

"Jimin... I wish you enough," I replied, holding back tears.

"Thank you for everything, I really mean it," He said.

And although he was a little far away, I swear I could hear his smile through the line. I smiled too. That night, we talked about anything and everything we could talk about. We reminisced the past, we laughed over the same jokes, we talked about our problems, just like how we used to.

After hours of talking, Jimin finally said, "You were a part of me that I know I would never forget. And thank you for making my teenage years so meaningful and unforgettable."

I paused. I didn't know how to reply.

"Goodbye, Seo Jin ah..." Jimin said.

The words I always wanted to say got stuck in my throat. I felt the lump in my throat.

"Bye..." His voice cracked and he hung up the phone.

"Wait!" I finally spoke, but it was too late.

I set my alarm clock at 2am and promised myself to wake up so that I could send Jimin off at the airport. I went to sleep after that. Hours later, the alarm clock rang. I sat up immediately and took a look at the clock.

"Three thirty?!" I shouted in shock.

The alarm clock has been ringing for an hour and half?! I immediately got up and changed into something comfortable that would keep me warm. After that, I ran down and out of the house. It would take me another hours and half to reach the airport. I looked at my watch and it was already 3:45am. I wouldn't make it on time... I waited at the bus stop for the right bus to take me straight to the airport.

 


Jimin's POV

She was so silent on the phone... I wanted to say that I still love her. But I couldn't bring myself to hurt her anymore... I didn't sleep the entire night. I just sat on my bed, reading all the letters she once wrote to me. It made me wonder if she would write me any letters while I'm in the states.

"Ready to go?" My dad came into my room.

I looked at the clock on my phone which read 2:30am, and nodded my head. I took my luggage and took one last look at the room, and left.

"Is Seo Jin coming?" My mother asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"You seem tired. You can get some sleep on the airplane later on," My dad patted me on my shoulder.

We got to the airport in less than an hour and half, thanks to the traffic. I kept looking around, hoping to see Seo Jin. We waited to check in, and after a while, my dad suggested that we make our way in. At that time, it was only 3:45am.

"Let's wait a while more," I told them.

My dad sighed, but agreed. We waited until it was 4:30am.

"She isn't coming already, son," My dad said.

"Just wait a while more... I have a feeling she overslept," I replied, while looking out for that familiar face.

"It's already 4:45am. Let's go," My dad said.

"Please wait..." I begged, still looking out for her.

Just then, an announcement was made over the system, for the passenger to board the flight.

"Let's go," My mum sighed.

I looked at my watch. 4:48am. She really isn't coming anymore.

"WAIT!" I heard those familiar voices.

I turned around and saw the six boys.

"Mian... We didn't mean to be late... The traffic..." Namjoon Hyung panted.

"Gwaenchana," I assured.

"Seo Jin...?" Jungkook asked.

I smiled a sad smile.

"It's the traffic, not her..." Yoongi Hyung said.

"I know... But the plane isn't going to wait for me... I'll just go. Tell her that I love her," I said.

I took one glance at my watch, it's 4:50am. I gave everyone a tight hug, and with that, I had my passport checked and I made my way in, and further away from Seo Jin.

 

 

Seo Jin's POV

I got down the bus the moment it stopped. I ran into the airport, and straight at the departure gate. I looked at my watch. It's 4:50am. I spotted the boys, and ran towards them.

"Jungkook!" I called.

All six heads turned to face me. All of them had a sad smile on their faces.

"Where's he?" I asked, panting.

"It's okay, come let's go," Hoseok Oppa held me by my arm and dragged me away gently.

"Stop!" I pushed his hands away.

"He said he loves you," Seokjin Oppa said.

"I'm late..." I felt tears streaming down my face.

"Don't blame yourself..." Jungkook came to stand next to me.

"How can I not..." I started crying.

Taehyung came forward to hug me. I could feel his heart beating. It was beating super fast, as if he was nervous.

"Gwaenchana..." He patted the back of my head lightly, as if it would break if he pat hard.

I cried more. I just lost my chance of seeing Jimin for the last time. For the very last time.