Chapter 19

Our Love Story

Jimin's POV

I went back into the cafe, and sat down in front of Seo Jin.

"Everything alright?" I asked, and reached out to touch her hand.

She flinched and moved her hand away.

"I'm sorry..." She said.

I shot her a confused look.

"Give me some time. I need some space... I... I'm really confused with my feelings right now..." She said, looking away.

"It's okay, take your time. Make up your mind. Take all the time you need, Seo Jin ah," I said.

She turned to look at me and sighed.

"I want to travel somewhere," She said.

"Where?" I asked.

"Somewhere far. And alone," She replied.

It has always been her dream to travel the world. But she never once mentioned of doing it alone...

"When?" I asked.

"Maybe tonight, I'll go to the airport," She said.

"And how long will it take you, to come back?" I asked.

"Come back here?" She asked.

"Ani," I shook my head, "Korea."

"Give me a month," She said.

"Thirty days..." I mumbled to myself and started thinking about how I was going to busy myself with things for that 30 days.

"I promise I'll return with an answer," She said.

 

 


Seo Jin's POV

I am here, once again, in the airport. I looked around and closed my eyes. I tried to memorise the sound of how this trip starts.

"Have a safe flight," Jimin hugged me from the back.

I turned around, and smiled.

"Promise me something?" He requested.

I nodded my head.

He leaned in and whispered into my ears, "Be safe and have fun."

I smiled at him and walked towards the departure hall. I went in. Apparently, the first place I would be going to is Iceland. Jimin suggested that I go to somewhere where I could see the Northern lights and this was the first place that came to my mind. Hours later, I boarded the plane, and hours later, I touched down at my destination.

The days went by quickly. In the day, I would be preoccupied with travelling. But in the night, when I'm alone in the hotel room, the thoughts would start to flood my head. The first night I was alone, I thought of Jimin, and how I want to tell him how my first day was. "It's all about the first person you want to tell it to." They say. The second night, and the subsequent nights, I only thought of Jimin. I never once thought of Jungkook. I didn't forget him. I just didn't think of him.

Maybe, maybe I was being selfish. Maybe I didn't really love Jungkook to begin with. Maybe it was just because I missed the feeling of being in a relationship. I felt sorry for Jungkook. I felt as if I just committed such a huge sin that I shouldn't be forgiven.

"Jungkook ah... Mianhae..." I apologized to no one in particular.

The days gone by quickly. Soon, days turned into weeks, which turned into a month. I took my luggage left the hotel. On the way to the airport in Australia, I texted Jimin saying, "I'll text you when I've touched down."

He didn't reply, which saddened me. Hours after reaching the airport, I boarded the plane. When we touched down back in South Korea, I hurriedly got down the plane. Why? Because I wanted to see him. The moment we landed, I knew my mind was made up.

I collected my luggage and slowly made my way out of the arrival hall. I searched the crowd for that familiar face. But to my disappointment, he was nowhere to be seen. I sighed and started to make my way to the taxi stand. Just then, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist tightly.

"Miss me?"

I immediately turned around, guessing that it was Jimin, and it really was Jimin.

I hugged him tight around his neck and nodded my head.

"You still smell nice," He joked.

"I thought you weren't coming," I said.

"I received your message and rushed here as soon as I could. I'm not going to waste this chance," He let go of me, and took a look at my face.

"Let's go," I said.

He helped my take my luggage and guided me to the carpark. He loaded my luggage into the boot of his car, and opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I smiled.

He smiled back and helped me buckle up.

"Where should we go to now?" He asked as he got up the car.

"Molla..." I answered.

"Jet lag? Close your eyes and rest," He said.

I nodded my head and closed my eyes. But I had to say what I got to say, before I drift off into dreamland.

"Oppa..." I called.

Jimin almost hit the brakes.

"What did you just call me?" He asked.

"What? Just because I haven't called you that in a month?" I teased.

"A... Ani... Carry on," He replied.

"I made up my mind," I said.

There was silence for quite some time. After which was followed by Jimin's heavy breathing.

"Who is it?" He asked.

I opened my right eye and turned to look at him.

"The pabo who just told me to close my eyes and have a rest," I smiled.

He turned over for a second and smiled, then went back to focusing on the road.

I closed my eyes after that and fell into dreamland. The next thing I knew was that the car stopped. I opened my eyes and looked around me.

"We're here," Jimin said, and turned over to look at me.

"Oh, you're awake!" He said to me.

I smiled.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Where we first went to, to have our first meal," He said.

He got down the car and helped me out. He held me by my hand and led me into the restaurant that seemed to familiar. We sat down at the table we used to sit on, and ordered the food we ordered back then.

"Twenty fifth July," Jimin said.

"Isn't that today?" I asked, with my mouth full of food.

"Every month, on this day, we will celebrate our monthsary," He told me.

I nodded my head and couldn't help but blush.

"I haven't said this in a while, but I love you, Seo Jin ah," Jimin said softly.

"Yeah, I love you too, pabo-ya," I smiled.

I used to not believe in happy endings. Until I met Jimin. He was hard to love. But he was worth it all. He really was.