Chapter 3

Our Love Story

Seo Jin's POV

When I opened my eyes, the first person I saw was my mum. She wasn't who I wanted to see... I wanted to see Jimin...

"Gwaenchana? You have been sleeping for more than a day. Did something happen in school?" My mum asked.

"Ani... I just don't feel well..." I answered.

I wasn't exactly lying. I was telling part of the truth. Just part of it. I really didn't feel well after crying. I felt as if my whole life was just going to end like that.

"Are you sure?" My mum asked.

I nodded my head and slowly sat myself up.

"Seo Jin ah, Omma... I need to go back to work... I have so much things to clear..." My mum said.

"Just go. I'm used to being alone at home," I answered. Used to being alone at home, but not used to living without Jimin, I thought to myself.

"Ani, you are not alone! You have the ahjumma!" My mum said.

"In case you haven't realise this, I stopped depending on them since years ago," I told my mum.

"Arasso, arasso. I'm going now. Call me if anything happens, arasso?" My mum picked up her overpriced branded handbag from the floor and left my room.

After she left, I laid back down on the bed again. A while later, I heard noises outside my window, as if something, something like rocks, were being thrown against my window. I slowly got up and walked towards the window. I looked down from the third floor and saw Jungkook standing in my garden with a handful of rocks. I hurriedly opened the window and asked him, "Yah, what are you doing here?" 

"Have you eaten?" Jungkook asked, smiling.

"I have been asleep for more than a day..." I told him.

"I know, your mum told me," He said.

"What else did she tell you?" I asked.

"Ani, nothing much, that's about all," Jungkook said.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook!" I called.

"Ne?" He answered, still looking up.

"Why are you still holding on to the rocks when you don't need it anymore?" I asked.

"Oh, this?" He held up the rocks in his hand.

I nodded my head.

"Geudae... Time to let go," He said and simply let go of the rocks from his hand, and picked a flower from my garden in exchange.

"Yah, pabo, what are you doing?" I laughed a little.

"I'm trying to show you that you should try to let Jimin go, and find someone new," Jungkook said confidently.

"Ne...?" I blinked.

It was the first time I was hearing his name again after we broke up.

"Seo Jin ah, you should try to let Jimin go. I won't force you. But I will hope and pray that you will try, and when you try, I hope and pray as well, that you will give your best shot. Find someone new. If you insist on waiting, okay, I give you my fullest support, I'm always here if you need me. But chebal, chebal, appeujima... If you plan to move on, I'm happy for you. Jincha. Find something you like to do, and make the best out of it. That's all I want to say..." Jungkook said.

I could sense sincerity in his voice. I got his message. I got it clear. But it was a promise... It was a promise between Jimin and I... I made a promise to Jimin that I was going to wait for him. He promised me too...

"Jungkook ah, gomawo... Keundae... Can you just give me your fullest support while I wait...?" I asked.

"Arasso. Yah, shall we go eat lunch?" He smiled at me and pointed at his house.

"Don't tell me your mum cooked!" I felt excitement in me, for the first time after breaking up with Jimin.

Jungkook nodded his head.

"Yah, yah , yah!!! Call! Wait for me downstairs! I'm coming!!!" I yelled.

I hurriedly closed the windows and changed out of my uniform into a black pullover and white shorts. After which, I ran downstairs as fast as I could.

"Seo Jin ah, where are you going?" The ahjumma working for my family asked.

"Jungkook's house!" I answered and ran out of the house.

"Kaja," Jungkook said when he saw me.

I smiled and walked next to him.

"Mianhae..." Jungkook apologized all of a sudden.

"Ne?" I blinked and looked at him.

"I'm not bringing you to my house... I... I need to show you something..." He said.

"What is it..?" I asked.

"Just... Just follow and don't ask any questions... Chebal," Jungkook said and fastened his pace.

We walked in silence for a long time. I didn't notice that Jungkook was taking me to the park. That park.

"Yah... Jung... Jungkook ah..." I called silently.

"Just follow me," He said.

He walked towards the bench that Jimin and I used to sit together and sat down. I remained standing.

"Sit," Jungkook said and patted the empty space next to him.

I slowly sat myself down.

"Why...?" I felt my heart aching.

"Cry," He said.

That one word. That one word was so powerful it made me cry. It was as if I was under some spell. I cried so badly, I felt my body going numb. That was when Jungkook pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Gwaenchana..." He said and patted my head as softly as he could.

I continued crying. I hugged Jungkook tighter. I miss Jimin. I need him.

"Gwaenchana, Seo Jin ah..." Jungkook hugged me tighter.

Get a grip! I told myself.

I cleaned away my tears and sat up.

"Better now?" Jungkook asked.

I nodded my head and smiled a small smile.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked after taking a deep breath.

"When I'm ready, I guess..." I said.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Jungkook nod his head.

"Can I go home now...?" I asked.

"Arasso, let's get you home," Jungkook stood up and lead the way.

Again, we walked in silence. I had so much on my mind. So much that I couldn't find the right words to say. I wanted to thank Jungkook. Part of me wanted to rant to him, but the other part of me wanted to be alone in my room as soon as possible. I was literally a living mess.

"Go in quick. It's cold. Don't catch a cold! I'll see you tomorrow if you want to. I'm always here, Seo Jin ah. Even if you need someone to talk to at midnight, I'm here and I will listen to you. Just call me. Araji?" Jungkook said as we reached the outside of my house.

"Gomawo, Jungkook ah," I smiled and hugged him tight.

Jungkook was definitely a friend worth keeping. I let go of him and went back into the house. I walked straight up to my room and locked the door behind me. I lied on my bed, and stared at the ceiling. There isn't anything to do now. I was too tired to cry. The silence in my room was deafening. I went to have a quick shower and went to bed. At 6pm.