Chapter 13

Our Love Story

Jimin's POV

"Why did you raise your voice at her?" I asked Jungkook.

He turned to look at me, his eyes filled with tears.

"Have you ever wondered why I never wanted to give her this until we graduated?" He asked.

"Because you are afraid it would be awkward between you two," I answered.

"No, Hyung..." His voice softened.

"Then?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Hyung... I don't want you to lose this chance. Open your eyes. Look at the way she looks at you. Look at the way she stares at you. She obviously wants you back. As much as I want her, Hyung, it's time you feel happy again..." He said.

"Jungkook ah... You know... I'm not going for the audition anymore..." I said.

"Why? This is your dream, isn't it?" He asked, shocked.

"There was a change in plans. And I'll be flying off in two days time..." I said.

"Why didn't you say so earlier?" He asked.

"How am I to let you all know, when Seo Jin is around?" I shot back.

"Who's going to sing your parts now? Who's going to dance your part now?" Jungkook raised his voice.

"Do I look like I have a choice?" I glared at him.

Why was he getting angry with me? If given a choice, I wouldn't want to leave Korea too.

"You could have voiced out your opinions," Jungkook glared back.

"Do my parents look like they will listen?" I asked.

"Coward," Jungkook spat that word so heartlessly on me.

I stood there, shocked. Jungkook left the room, and slammed the door close. A while later, Seo Jin came in.

"Want to talk about it?" She asked.

"No," I pushed her aside and walked out of the room.

"Park Jimin," Namjoon Hyung stopped me.

I looked up and glared at him.

"She fell," He said, pointing to something behind me.

"And so?" I forced myself to speak those words that would most definitely hurt Seo Jin.

"Park Jimin, what's wrong with you..." Namjoon Hyung snapped his fingers right in my face.

"Go away," I said.

"Hold her up," He ordered.

I didn't even turn back to look at Seo Jin. I shoved Namjoon Hyung aside and left Jungkook's house. But the moment I left his house, I know clearly I made a big mistake.

"Park Jimin," I heard her call from behind.

I turned around to face her.

"You... I hate you..." She hit me hard on my chest.

I was taken aback.

"How can you just push me, then leave me there? What am I to you? Park Jimin, do you think it's so easy for me? What would you say if I called you up at 3am crying, saying how much I love you? What would you say if I called you up at 3am, whispering the words "I miss you"? What would you say if I told you that I needed you? What would you say, should you know that I'm right here waiting? What would you say if I lied that I hated you, just so it's easy for me to move on? What if I said that I wished you didn't come into my life, and meant it? What would you say if I hugged you without saying anything? What would you say if I told you that I dreamt of you last night? What would you say if I smiled at you and pretended to be fine? What would you say if I complained to you about how things are back at home? What would you say if I told you that I miss us? What would you say, if this is the last and final time, I'm actually speaking to you? What would you say, if you wake up tomorrow, only to realise I'm gone? Would you be able to say your feelings? Would you be able to say, that you love me too? Tell me... Why didn't you let me know that you were moving...? Why? Do I mean nothing to you?" Seo Jin shouted, with tears coming down her pretty, and flawless face.

"Mianhae..." I apologized.

I tried to reach out to touch her face, to wipe off her tears, but she moved away. I tried once more, but again, she moved away.

"Seo Jin ah..." I called out her name softly.

"Don't... Don't call me that. Don't look at me this way, Jimin..." She said, with tears in her eyes.

I blinked. The last time she said that to me was when we had a fight. But that was when we were together...

"You chose this path... Don't tell me you're already regretting it..." She wiped away the tears on her face.

"Seo Jin, I'm flying off in two days time... Let's not make it harder than it already is..." I sighed.

"No, Jimin... This wasn't hard in the first place... You... You made it seem so hard..." Seo Jin said, in almost a whisper.

"It isn't hard if you didn't hold on," I shot back.

The moment I said that, I wished I didn't.

"I... I didn't mean to," I immediately told her.

"It's hard because I held on? Yeah... Stupid me... Why did I even hold on?" She laughed and wiped away tears.

"Don't be like that..." I said.

"I'm sorry but, since you're flying off in two days time, I think you should go home and start packing up," She said.

"Seo Jin..." I called out, but she already turned to go.

Seo Jin's POV

"Jerk, jerk, jerk," I whispered to myself as I turned to walk away.

"Chase after me, you idiot," I whispered.

I was already walking really slowly, and still, no one came after me. I walked past my house but didn't go in. After a while, I turned around. Jimin was no longer there. I sighed and stood there, not knowing what to do.

"What am I to do now..." I sighed and held back tears.

"Go home, and get a rest, Seo Jin ah," Jungkook ran towards me.

"Leave me alone," I told Jungkook.

"Don't... Seo Jin, don't. Don't avoid me just because I like you. And don't push me away," Jungkook stopped right in front of me.

"I'm not avoiding you," I answered.

"Then?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

"I just want some time alone," I said.

With that, I walked past Jungkook and straight back home. I went back into my room and looked out of the window. I couldn't help but start thinking of Jungkook.

- Flashback -

"Why are you still holding on to the rocks when you don't need it anymore?" I asked.

"Oh, this?" He held up the rocks in his hand.

I nodded my head.

"Geudae... Time to let go," He said and simply let go of the rocks from his hand, and picked a flower from my garden in exchange.

"Yah, pabo, what are you doing?" I laughed a little.

"I'm trying to show you that you should try to let Jimin go, and find someone new," Jungkook said confidently.

- End of flashback -

I sighed. But immediately stopped. I'm hurt, but I'm not dead. I'm wounded. But not broken. So I need to stop. I need to stop acting as if my life is over. I walked towards my table, and took out the diary. I took out the polaroids from my wallet, and the letters we wrote to each other. I placed it all in a box and pushed the box all the way under my bed.

"It's time, Seo Jin ah. It's time to let go," I smiled to myself.