Chapter 4

Our Love Story

Jungkook's POV

How she is acting right now is worrying me. But this is the least I could do. I remembered the promise I made with Jimin. The promise that I would look after Seo Jin for him, the promise that I would be there for her. I looked out of my window, towards the direction of her room. Her lights are out. She must be asleep. Well, she deserves a good sleep tonight. She must be tired as she had a long day. All of a sudden, my phone rang, breaking me from my train of thoughts.

"Jungkook ah," That familiar voice.

"Jimin, how are you?" I asked.

"Nan... Gwaenchana... How is she...?" He asked.

"Don't lie... You can lie to anyone but me. I know you're not fine. I know it," I scolded.

"How is Seo Jin?" He asked again.

"She's fine. She went to bed already, I think. Her lights are out," I answered.

"That's good... She needs more sleep..." He said.

"Do you want to rant? Because I will listen," I told him.

"Ani... Listen to her rant. Not me," Jimin said, his voice sounded like it was cracking.

"I'm worried about her. But I'm worried for you too. Yah, you are my closest friend," I said.

"I'm really fine. Don't worry, Jungkook ah. Go get some rest. She might call you in the middle of the night when she gets nightmares," Jimin said.

"Jimin ah..." I protested.

"I'm hanging up," He said and hung up.

I put the phone away, not knowing what to do. Both of them are hurting, both of them are breaking. But... I couldn't do much to help... How about Jimin come over for the night... I picked up my phone again and called him...

 

 

 

Seo Jin's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night again. This always happens because of nightmares. Always. I took my phone from the bedside table and dialled Jimin's number. But before I pressed the call button, I suddenly remembered that we broke up. I sighed and called Jungkook instead.

"Ne, Seo Jin ah..." Jungkook picked up the call on the third ring.

"Did I wake you up...?" I asked.

"Ani, I'm awake," Jungkook said.

"I... I dreamt of him..." I said.

"What was the dream about?" Jungkook asked.

"I dreamt of our first date..." I answered quietly.

"Maybe because you miss him," He answered.

"I do miss him..." I replied.

"Seo Jin ah, wait a minute, I need to find something," Jungkok said.

I heard the call go silent all of a sudden. After a while, Jungkook said, "I'm back."

"So...?" I answered.

"Tell me about Jimin. Everything about him," Jungkook said.

"Jimin?" I laughed a little.

"Wae? What's so funny?" Jungkook asked.

"Ani... Nothing. Mmm... Jimin... Park Jimin... He's a really special boy. He isn't only special. He is amazing too. He is talented. He can sing, he can dance. And occasionally, he can write really good lyrics. He wants to audition for Bighit Entertainment but isn't completely sure if he should do it. Be there for him, encourage him. Push him to go for it. I don't want such a talent to go to waste. He eats everything. So when you're with him, you don't have to worry about him being picky with food. Make him smile and laugh. His smile is so precious and beautiful. He can sing high notes, by the way. He is obsessed with you, in a brotherly way. I... I don't want to say anymore because even though you're a guy, I don't want you falling for him. The good points of him... I... I just want to keep it to myself. But just know that he is so precious..." When I finished saying, I was in tears.

"Seo Jin ah..." I froze when I heard that.

"Ji... Jimin...?" I stammered.

"Mian..." His voice cracked.

"I... I need to go," I said and hurriedly hung up.

What was that...? Why was Jimin there...? I hurriedly put on a jacket and ran out of my room.

"Seo Jin? Where are you going?" I heard my dad ask me from behind.

"Something happened at Jungkook's house. I need to go over," I said.

"Be home soon," My dad said.

I nodded and ran over to Jungkook's house. I rang the doorbell and not long later, Jungkook came to open the door.

"Where's Jimin?" I asked.

"Ani, he isn't here," Jungkook said.

"Then, then why was he on the line?" I was so close to shouting.

"I... I just joined call..." Jungkook said.

"That's all...?" I asked, disappointed.

Jungkook nodded his head.

"Then I'm going..." I said and walked back home.

Somehow, some part of me had a feeling Jungkook was lying. Somehow, I know Jimin was there. They just decided not to let him show himself to me, in case I break down.

 

 


Jimin's POV

My heart ached when Seo Jin talked about me. I regretted letting her go. So this is how much she loves me? And... And she remembered about the audition... Tears welled up in my eyes but I blink them away. A while after she hung up the phone, the doorbell rang. I wanted to go open it but Jungkook held my back.

"It's her," Jungkook told me.

"Let me see her. Just once..." I heard myself say.

"It'll be harder for her," Jungkook said firmly.

"Just once..." I begged.

Jungkook ignored me and went to open the door. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could and hid behind one of the nearest walls. True enough, as Jungkook said, it was Seo Jin.

"Seo Jin ah, mianhae..." I choked.

I slowly walked up back into Jungkook's room. I couldn't stand there anymore. She was close to shouting at Jungkook, I could tell. I saw tears in her eyes. I saw disappointment when she walked away.

"Gwaenchana?" Jungkook asked, as he came back into the room.

"She was disappointed..." I told Jungkook.

"I know... I saw it..." Jungkook sighed and lied down on his bed.

"It's been a long day for us three..." I stared into space and said.

"Just go to sleep. I asked you to come over so you won't feel alone," Jungkook said with his eyes closed.

"Gomawo, Jungkook ah," I smiled.

"Yah, smile more. You look good when you smile," Jungkook said.

I froze. I felt that pain in my heart again. Unknowingly, my hand went up to touch my heart. I had the sudden flashback of Seo Jin telling me the exact same thing. I miss her...

 

 


Seo Jin's POV

I went back to my room. But I couldn't sleep. I kept replaying what happened back there. I swear I saw someone run down the stairs. I saw that someone hiding behind a wall. Who was that someone? Was it Jimin? Was Jungkook lying to me? If he was lying, why? Did he do it so I wouldn't get hurt? If that someone was Jimin, why didn't he come to the door? Does he miss me now? Is he waiting for me too? Does he still love me? Has his feelings faded? Is he thinking of me now?