Chapter 18

Our Love Story

Seo Jin's POV

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out from my bag.

"Is that chance still valid now?" That person texted.

"Jimin?" I replied.

"If not?" He replied.

I looked at Jungkook. I'm caught in between.

"Who is it?" Jungkook asked.

"No one..." I lied and put my phone away.

"You sure?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"You haven't been quite yourself since you saw Jimin Hyung..." Jungkook said quietly.

"I'm just tired, I think," I lied again.

Every time I lied to Jungkook, somehow, it doesn't hurt.

"Then get some rest," He told me.

"When we're back at the hotel. I'm okay for now," I told him.

He didn't seem convinced, but nodded his head anyways.

"Jungkook ah..." I suddenly called.

"Hmm?" He looked at me with those loving eyes.

"Let's talk. Jimin Oppa, you, and I..." I took a deep breath and said.

I could see hurt in Jungkook's eyes, but he still nodded.

"Let's meet at the cafe nearest to the traffic light we met," I texted Jimin.

A while later, he ran into the cafe. My heart skipped a beat. And I immediately felt guilty. Jimin took a seat next to Jungkook. I stared at him. He hasn't changed one bit. His hair still looks soft. He still looks him.

"Let's take turns to talk, shall we?" I suggested.

"Okay," Jungkook agreed.

Jimin nodded his head.

"Park Jimin..." I sighed and stared at him softly.

"Ne?" He answered.

"Why didn't you call? Why didn't you text? Why...?" I asked.

"I... I just didn't have the courage to..." He looked away.

Jungkook was still staring at me.

"I miss you..." I whispered.

Jungkook didn't seem shocked. Neither did he seem angry. He just looked hurt.

"I did too. But there's Jungkook..." Jimin spoke.

"You know, Jimin, there was something I always wanted to tell you, since the last day of school..." I said.

"Go ahead," He took a sip from the glass of water in front of him.

"You know, it doesn't mean that things are fine for me, just because we talked. It doesn't mean that I'm perfectly fine, just because I laughed at that stupid joke you made that everyone doesn't find funny. It doesn't mean that I don't miss you, just because my hands brushed against yours and we stared at each other for that few seconds that are oh-so-precious. It doesn't mean that I no longer care, just because I walked away while you were having troubles. It doesn't mean that I have moved on, just because I turned away while you were smiling at me. It doesn't mean that I harbour no feelings towards you anymore, just because I chose to ignore you most of the time recently. It doesn't mean that I don't think back when the time was perfect, just because I pretended to hate you. It doesn't mean that I don't miss your family, just because I spend more time with my own family. It doesn't mean that I don't want you back right now, just because I said so. It doesn't mean that I have gotten over you, just because I said that those Korean boys are better looking. It doesn't mean that I don't miss your hug, just because I went around hugging other people. It doesn't mean that I have forgotten about you and us, just because I seem to be more preoccupied with other memory-based things recently. It doesn't mean it's true, just because I lie in your face that I have stopped wishing the best, and only the best for you. It doesn't mean that I have forgotten about our plans for the future and the bucket lists we made, just because I came up with newer plans and newer bucket lists. It doesn't mean I don't revisit the places we used to go, just because I said I have no time recently. It doesn't mean that I no longer feel that ache in my heart, just because I laughed through the sad songs that reminds me of you. It doesn't mean that I am flirting, just because I'm talking to other boys, because hey, only you got my heart. It doesn't mean that I don't need you at 3am in the morning, just because I'm sleeping at that time. It doesn't mean I don't get jealous and insecure, just because I chose to smile it away. And it definitely doesn't mean that I no longer love you just because I said so..." I said.

"You have never been fully with me, Seo Jin ah," Jungkook spoke.

I looked at him.

"I didn't mention it once, because I wanted to try to be better than he was," Jungkook said slowly.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

It was true. Even when I was with Jungkook, I omly thought of Jimin. When Jungkook hugs me, I only thought of Jimin hugging me. Everything Jungkook did would remind me of Jimin.

"Gwaenchana," He smiled sadly at me.

Tears brimmed in my eyes. I looked away. I couldn't bear to look at Jungkook, while seeing him hurt.

"Seo Jin ah, look at me," Jungkook said.

I didn't. I couldn't.

"Please?" He reached out to touch my hand.

I took a deep breath and slowly turned to look at him.

"Yeah?" I asked, searching his eyes for some answer.

"Ani... I just want to take one last look at your flawless face, before I hand you over to Hyung," Jungkook smiled.

Tears started falling.

"Jungkook ah..." Jimin called.

"Ne, Hyung?" Jungkook asked, without looking at him.

"Stop smiling..." He said.

Jungkook ignored Jimin.

"Thank you, and goodbye," Jungkook smiled at me, and stood up.

My eyes followed him. He left the cafe. My heart started aching.

"Seo Jin ah, gwaenchana?" Jimin asked.

I kept quiet.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

"Seo Jin ah, look at me," I said.

She didn't move.

"Please?" I reached out to touch her tiny and familiar hand.

She took a deep breath and slowly turned to look at me.

"Yeah?" She asked, looking into my eyes.

"Ani... I just want to take one last look at your flawless face, before I hand you over to Hyung," I forced a smile.

Her tears started falling.

"Jungkook ah..." Jimin called.

"Ne, Hyung?" I asked, without looking at him.

"Stop smiling..." He said.

I ignored him.

"Thank you, and goodbye," I smiled at Seo Jin, and stood up.

I quickly walked out of the cafe. My heart was hurting so badly. I started crying. I turned around, hoping either one of them would follow me out, but I was wrong.

"Jungkook ah!" I heard Jimin Hyung's voice calling after me.

I stopped and turned around.

"Kajima," He said.

I stayed silent and stared at him.

"She's just confused between both of us," He said.

"Ani... It was you all along... For her..." I said.

"Then why did you think she would get me to follow you out?" He asked.

I kept silent.

"Come back?" He asked.

I thought for a while. I don't want to be the cause the two can't get back together. I know how long she has been waiting for him. And I know how long he has been waiting for her too. I didn't want to spoil their happiness.

"Ani, I'm going back to the hotel to pack my things and go back to Korea," I said.

"I'm sure you came here for an event," Jimin said.

"I'll just tell Manager Hyung that I'm not well," I told him.

Jimin stared at me sadly.

"Hyung, gwaenchana. I'm fine. Just go back to Seo Jin and make it up to her. Make up the lost time, make up everything. Don't waste this chance. Second chances don't come easily. Don't let this chance slip out of your hands," I smiled at him.

But this time, it wasn't a sad smile. Neither was it a fake smile. It was a genuine smile. A smile to let him know that I am really fine. Jimin sighed and nodded his head.

"Call me when you touch down in Korea," He said, and left.

I smiled at him. And turned around, and walked back to the hotel. This time, I wasn't as sad. I was feeling happy for the two.