Chapter 5

Our Love Story

Jimin's POV

"Wake up!!!" Jungkook shouted in my ear.

I opened my eyes slightly and slowly sat up. My eyes felt swollen.

"Did I cry myself to sleep...?" I asked.

Jungkook nodded his head. I sighed. I got up and went to the toilet to wash up. I brushed my teeth and looked myself in the mirror. My eyes are swollen. I finished washing up and left the toilet. I was about to start packing my things when my phone rang.

"Seo Jin 💕", it read.

I hesitated picking up the phone. If I picked up the phone, she would get hurt hearing my voice. If I ignore the call, she would get hurt too. After a while, I decided that I will pick up the call.

"Ne, Seo Jin ah," I slide to answer the call.

"I dreamt of you last night..." She said immediately.

"What dream?" I asked.

"I... I dreamt..." Seo Jin stammered.

 

 

 


Seo Jin's POV

"What dream?" Jimin asked me.

"I... I dreamt... I dreamt that I bumped into you in a cafe in New York... It was snowing. I..." I couldn't continue anymore.

"You what?" Jimin asked.

"I forgot about the rest," I lied.

"Is there anything else?" Jimin asked.

"Ani..." I said softly.

"Then hang up," Jimin said.

"I... Ne..." I answered and hung up the phone.

Why was he so cold? I left my room and went downstairs to the garden. The stones which Jungkook threw on the floor were still lying there, as if they were trying to tell me that I should really give up on Jimin. I looked over at Jungkook's house. Just when I was about to turn away, I saw Jimin coming out of the house.

"Jimin..." I whispered.

Somehow, I was nervous again. I ran back into my house and closed the door. Why am I feeling this way...? I remember feeling this way when I had a crush on him. I dialed Jungkook's number and bit my lip, waiting for him to pick up the call.

After the fifth ring, Jungkook finally picked up.

"Let's meet. Same place in the park," I said, before even giving him the chance to speak.

"Ne," He replied.

I changed into something casual and left house. When I reached the park, Jungkook was already seated on the bench. I quietly sat down next to him.

"Tell me the truth, he was there yesterday right?" I asked.

Jungkook stayed silent.

"I'm hurting, Jungkook ah..." I held back tears.

He still remained silent.

"I want to hug him, I want to see him, I want to talk to him... I want to tell him that I'll be fine, that he shouldn't be hurting or starving himself or skipping meals... I want to tell him how much I miss him... How much I hate him at the same time for leaving me... How much I want him back..." Tears started falling.

Jungkook looked at me and sighed.

"Is Jimin all you see?" He finally spoke. But when he did, he sounded cold.

"What do you mean?" I asked, wiping away tears.

"Is Jimin the only guy you see?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"What about those other guys around you? Are they not good enough?" Jungkook asked.

"Who are the other guys?" I asked.

"The other six of us. Hoseok, Yoongi, Taehyung, Namjoon, Seokjin, and I," Jungkook said and turned away.

"Hoseok is nice, but we only spoke a couple of times. Yoongi isn't my type. Taehyung would be fun to be around with, and I would date him if the feelings are there, but my feelings now are only for Jimin. Namjoon isn't my type as well. Seokjin is too nice, plus, he is more of a brother to me. And you, you are one of my bestfriends, you're like family to me," I answered.

"So only Taehyung stands a chance?" Jungkook asked softly.

"Not now," I laughed.

Jungkook nodded his head slowly.

"How long will you actually wait for the person you love?" I asked.

"Me?" Jungkook laughed.

"Yeah, you," I answered.

 

 

 

Jungkook's POV

"Yeah, you," Seo Jin said.

I could answer this without thinking. But... But would she know I'm referring to her...?

"The girl I like doesn't like me back. But, don't hate her because she's such a nice girl. She's my favourite hello, and my hardest goodbye. Her smile is my favourite part. I don't want anyone to look at her the way I do. Just one glance at her, and that is enough to brighten up my day. This is complicated. But I still want her. I do get jealous but so long as she is happy, I'm fine. She's easily angered. Everytime she does something wrong, I forgive her. Because I don't want to lose her. Missing her is a slow burn. I, I envy the cup that she drinks from every morning. Because that cup gets to kiss her sleepy lips awake every morning. Maybe, just maybe, she and I weren't meant for each other. Or maybe we just met at the wrong time. I saw her at her worst and still thought she was the best. She and I, us, well, I feel that if we are meant to be, it will eventually happen. The guy she loves is really lucky. I want to remind her of how beautiful she is, but I can't... She's a beautiful little fool, who believes too much in love, who places too much hope in love. She's the person I think of when I stand in front of the ocean. I want to be with her, I want her. You know you're in love when their smile becomes your smile. Her smile became my smile. In a year, how will things be like for us? I want to show her off to my friends, tell them "she's the one", and shower her with all my love. Whenever I see her, something in me would go "Oh, my God, she's beautiful. She's beyond beautiful. She's real, and she seems funny too. Beautiful. Crazy. And funny." Seven billion smiles, and hers is my favourite. She deserves flowers on her doorstep and coffee in the morning. She deserves notes left on her desk and ramyun at 3am. I want to tell her to hug me really tight because I feel like I might breakdown anytime now. I'm hurting. And it's because of her. This. This hurts so much more than I expected. When I see her cry, I hate myself. I hate myself for not being able to make her smile. But then again, that boy she is crying over must be really important. Because this girl that I like, she doesn't cry over boys easily. She was and is the only grey thing in my black and white world. Even on my bad days, I still hope hers are still good..." I ended up in tears.

Seo Jin stayed silent for quite some time. After a while, she opened her bag and took out a handkerchief. She didn't hand me the handkerchief like I expected her to. Instead, she wiped away my tears for me, then took my hand in hers, and told me to keep the handkerchief.

"Gwaenchana?" She asked.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"Who's that girl?" She asked, smiling at me. I know that smile. It's the smile you smile at someone when you're happy got them.

"Someone," I answered and looked away.

"Yah, aren't we bestfriends?" From the corner of my eye, I saw Seo Jin pouted.

"You'll know soon," I smiled at her.

"Does Jimin speak of me like that to you?" Seo Jin asked.

"He speaks of you like you're his whole world," I told her.

"Jincha?" Her eyes widened, and I swear, at that moment, I saw her eyes shined.

"Ne, jincha," I answered her, smiling. I was smiling because she smiled, because she's happy.

"Do you want to come over?" I asked.

"Is your mother cooking?" She asked.

I nodded my head.

"Okay, let's go!" She smiled and stood up.

 

 


Seo Jin's POV

The way Jungkook stares at me when he said all that... It made me feel as if he was talking about me. But I brushed it off because I was probably thinking too much. He probably stares at everyone that way. The walk home to Jungkook's house was a rather quiet one.

"Seo Jin ah, what if the girl I like is you?" Jungkook broke the awkward silence.

"But I know it isn't me," I said.

"What if," Jungkook answered.

"I would reject you because I... I'm still waiting for Jimin..." I told him.

"Don't worry, it's not you. But you will know who soon," Jungkook smiled at me.

I heaved a sigh of relief. Thank God, thank God that girl Jungkook likes isn't me. The last thing I wanted is for me to lose one of my best friends. Sure, I do have 5 more crazy but lovable boys who are also my bestfriends, but Jungkook was slightly more special. Ever since from the moment I knew him, ever since Day 1, I treated him better than the other 5. I may be bias, but I am more than sure that I made the right choice.