Chapter 15

Our Love Story

Jimin's POV

I sighed and closed the third luggage. I took a look around the room and sighed again.

"Wae? Are you going to miss this room?" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and faced my mother.

"I grew up in this room..." I said.

"How are other boys? Are they okay with you leaving?" She asked.

"No... How can they be okay with me leaving when I was supposed to be part of the group? We practiced so hard together just so we can audition..." I pushed away my mother's hand.

"Who got angry?" She asked, and sat down on the bed, facing me.

"Kookie..." I answered softly.

"Talk to him later. I'm sure he will understand. He is a nice boy," My mother said calmly.

I turned to face her.

"What time's our flight tomorrow?" I asked.

"Five in the morning," She replied.

I sighed again.

"Stop sighing. Check if you have anything missing, otherwise sleep early today," My mother pointed to a box under my bed. With that, she walked out of my room.

I stood up and went to lock the door. I bent down and reached for a box from under my bed. I pulled it out. It was covered in dust.

"It's been a long time," I smiled a little.

I opened the box with care. My heart broke a little when I saw the contents inside. There were letters, photographs, and some keychains. All of which belongs to Seo Jin and I. Somehow, there was a letter on top of everything, which says "Read before you fly off". With trembling hands, I opened the letter.

"You're flying off tomorrow huh? I wonder if you will miss me. I wonder if you will think of me. But it's okay. Have a safe flight. I don't know when you will be back, so I can't ask if we can meet up soon. But just know that I'll be missing you, I'll be thinking of you, I'll be praying for you, and I'll be waiting for you to come back. Not come back to Korea. But come back to me. Don't say no before you think through it. Don't even think through it now. Let nature take it's course. Let things be. Because Jimin ah, after losing you, I realise so many things. I realise that the harder you look for love, the more it wouldn't come to you. Because love comes to you only when you least expect it. And that is the best kind of love. I'll move on for now, I'll be happy for now. I don't want to spend my last few teenage years crying over a boy who might not even love me anymore. I'm just going to let myself be free. And as for you... Well, if we are meant to be, we will know it in future. If we are meant to meet again, we will. Till then, please be happy, Jimin ah. Love, Seo Jin."

I stared at her perfect handwriting. After a while, I realised something. How did she put this letter into this box, without coming to my house, without stepping into my room?

"Eomma!" I shouted.

"Coming," She ran into my room.

"Did she come over...?" I asked.

My mother stared at me with sad eyes.

"You shouldn't have let her go. You should have kept her," She said.

"When did she come?" I asked.

"When you went out this morning to help me get some things," She answered.

That was a few hours ago... She should have gone home by now. My mother patted my shoulder and left the room. I held back tears. I'm missing her. I fought the urge to call her for fifteen minutes. But after that fifteen minutes, the urge was still there.

"Heck this," I said.

I picked up my phone from the table, and dialled the number which I memorized without any difficulty.

"Jimin ah..." Her voice was still so smooth.

"My flight is leaving at five in the morning..." I said.

"Oh..." She answered and kept quiet.

"Do you have anything you want to say to me?" I asked.

"I... No," She replied.

"Just say," I told her.

"Nothing," She claimed.

"Can't you just say?" I shot back.

"No," She answered coldly.

"Are you going to keep giving my cold replies?" I asked.

"Just... Just read the letter," She said.

"Already read it," I replied.

"That's all I got to say," She said.

"Really? That's all?" I asked.

"Yes," She answered.

"Okay then, just don't regret some opportunities," I said, and hung up.

After that, I realised I was being too harsh on her. She probably couldn't bring herself to say those things because maybe, just maybe, she was scared of losing me. Even as a friend. Well, based on her character and how well I know her, it's possible. I regretted being so mean to her. I decided to patch things up with Jungkook. I dialled his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hang up, idiot. I'm here," A voice spoke behind me.

I didn't have to turn around to see who it was. I can recognise his voice anywhere.

"Mianhae, Jungkook ah," I apologised.

"Turn around and talk to me while facing me, idiot," He said.

I smiled and turned to face him. He glared at me. And after a while, he couldn't help but smile at me.

"Have a safe flight tomorrow, Hyung. What time is your flight?" He asked.

"Five in the morning," I told him.

"So you're migrating... That's... Nice... Imagine, we don't have to see your face anymore, and we don't have to put up with your nonsense anymore. Ah, it's something I'm definitely... Definitely not looking forward to..." His voice cracked.

"Gwaenchana... I won't be gone for long," I hugged him tight.

"At least dance with us one last time?" I saw a head poke out from behind the door.

"Namjoon Hyung," I smiled.

"You said you won't be gone for long, so I will remember that," He gave me a pat on my back.

"Don't expect is to miss you," I heard Seokjin Hyung's voice.

"Betrayer," Taehyung pretended to glare at me.

"Go safely, and come back safely," Hoseok Hyung hugged me.

"I'll miss you," Yoongi Hyung pat me on my back.

"I'm going to miss all of you..." I smiled.

"Rest early tonight. We came just to give you something," Namjoon Hyung handed me a paper bag.

"Open it now," Jungkook smiled and wiped away his tears.

I opened it. It was a scrapbook filled with all our photos.

"Yah... This is so girly..." I laughed.

"But it's from us. It isn't big, but we hope you will like it. And we hope that whenever you miss us, you will just have to look at this," Taehyung said.

I smiled at the six boys with tears in my eyes.

"Sometimes, home isn't four walls," Hoseok Hyung said.

"Home is sometimes just seven boys together," Seokjin Hyung completed his sentence.

"Thank you," I smiled at all of them.