9 ; Again?

Concealed Stares

XQy1DRCc.jpg

"You're going to join this year's Sonel VoCamp." Mum said in a very ordering tone while looking at me right in the eyes.

"Why?So suddenly?" I replied while pouring milk into my glass.

"You're already in your senior year but you've done nothing much but play with that tall kid aren't you? Mature,will you Byun Baekhyun? One of the teacher were asking for sponsors and I volunteered.It will be weird if you don't go." Mum replied while eating her breakfast calmly.There's a hint of anger coming from her voice,but I couldn't care less.

"Arasso-yo/I get it mum." I smiled half-heartedly at her.It's not like she's looking anyway. Whatever you want,I'll do it mum. Losing my appetite,I went upstairs and rolled myself on the bed. Yeah,let's go.It's not really a bad idea what. I want to make good memories too,for once. And that's how I decided to just sleep the whole day. 

 

Taeyeon's POV

"Unnie?" Seulgi said while waving her hands in my face.That definitely snapped me out of my wild thoughts.I pushed her hands away and head straight to my mum who is reading newspaper in the living room.I came and sit next to her.

"Mum,I don't want to go.Please." I begged while holding her hands.

Mum put the newspaper away and look at me,she sighed, "Why?Why is it that you don't want to go so much?"

"It's just- I don't really like such things..You know that." I replied while hanging my head low.

Mum then smiled while patting my head. "Okay then,Seulgi will have to go alone again I guess."

I smiled at mum,I know she wants me to show to other people my talents,but,I'm just not ready yet. I'm not even sure if I really have the talents or not, but what I'm afraid most is am I able to make friends there?I will probably stuck on Seulgi like a piece of gum especially if Tifffany doesn't go.I'm quite of a shy person but I can be a friendly person too,if they approach me first.Whatever.I actually still have a wavering heart,to go or not to go.Gosh this is hard. I went to my room and texted Tiffany,asking whether she is going or not.I hope she doesn't go,so I don't have a hard time deciding.In case,I had a change of mind,I practised my singing,over & over again.I also practised my violin,I tried to play Kiss The Rain,the other day that was played by him,it turned out quite good.It's not so hard which I'm grateful of,though I learn the easiest tutorials. As I was into playing my violin,Seulgi knocked on my door.

"Unnie! You're seriously not going to go?" Seulgi asked while bursting into my room.

I sighed, "I don't know...You're probably excited and looking forward to it.But me,I don't."

She went beside me and sighed, "Unnie,I've heard your singing a lot,and you're not even lacking 1% from me.You're talented,especially if you sing ballad.What's that song you sing the other day,I-I what was it?"

"I love you?" I asked whether is that the song.

"Oh yes!! That's it.You almost had me in tears when you sing it the other day at the karaoke."

I flashed a bright smile at her. "Really?! Thanks,I'll think about it some more. How long do we have to sleep there?"

"1 month,the first month we're just going to go and go back home as usual.The first month is quite a torture,but the second month is even more crucial." She shook her head,probably thinking about the experience she had from last year's VoCamp.Yeap,she went and I didn't.

"......really? Suddenly I'm afraid to go." 

"No no,although it's quite a torture,it's fun.Serious." She looked at me seriously.

I might as well give it a try. "Arasoo,go go."  I said while waving my hands wanting her to get out of my room so I can practise my violin again.I was about to play then I heard my phone vibrates.I take a look and saw that it was a message from Tiffany.

Tiffany ; Me?I don't know. Why? Are you going?

Taeyeon ; I will.....follow you. If you go then I'll go.

Yes.That's what I replied.My hands just type those words without me knowing.I'm so dead if she says she is going.But somehow,a part of me wanted to reveal myself,I wanted to sing on a stage,for once,I have a really great desire to show to people that I can sing well too,probably better than them.I really wanted to sing on stage confidently,and do my monthly singing test amazingly,but I somehow got too nervous and messed up everytime.I blame myself a lot for this.and so,nobody ever paid attention to me when I'm singing.That's how I lost a lot of confidence.That's why another part of me doesn't want to go there.I don't want to feel the same again because it's something unpleasant.

I shook my head,shoving all those thoughts away.Ah I don't know.Whatever.I'll just continue my singing.Seulgi said I'm good at singing ballad. I chuckled and try singing I Love You again.It's actually....pretty good,not even kidding.As I was into my singing,someone knocked on my door.Jeez,why is there so many people bothering me.I turned and look to see who is it.It's mum.

"Give it a break will you?" Mum said while heading towards me.

"What?" I asked bluntly.

"You've been on it since afternoon,violin singing violin singing.I heard okay,even from downstairs.You should, really give it a break.What are you worrying about?"

"If I'm going to join that camp,you know I need to be prepared." I said.

Mum widen her eyes in suprise,"You're going to join?Serious?"

"IF.I'm not really sure,I'm still thinking about it." 

"No need to think,just go, and have fun okay? Okay keep practicing." Mum said excitingly and leave after patting my shoulder.First she asked me to give it a break,look what happened now.Mum mum.I shook my head.I'm tired already,maybe I really should give it a break.It's already 6 in the evening.I went downstairs and do my daily routine,eat,watching tv and whatever it is.

After having a glass of plain water,I hop onto my bed,all ready to sleep.I held out my hand towards the table beside my bed,grabbing my phone.I checked it and saw Tiffany's message.

Tiffany ; Yah,let's go to that camp.My mum already give permissions keke.

..............What do I do.I gasped.

 

Taeyeon is still wondering whether to go or not to go. It's 70% of herself wanted to go,so she will probably go.To others,it may not be much of a deal,but to her,it's as if to choose whether Tiffany or Seulgi.Isn't that hard,yeap it is.Without realizing,it's already friday.Taeyeon put on a white skinny jeans with a dark blue flowy top.Seulgi & Taeyeon both head towards the centre.Riding the bus,as usual,Taeyeon sits in the inner seat,beside the window.When the bus started moving after the long red-light,she look through the window,probably hoping he was there again so they can have another intense staring competition.To her suprise,he was there,staring at her,too bad she noticed him when the bus started moving,too many distractions to have another intense competition.

When the car stopped,indicating it's red light,he turned his head only to see a figure he used to see. It's her again. He stared at her,the corner of his lips lift up slightly,he was smiling,a bit.He always feel this strange feelings when he was staring at her,it was different,but he felt this before,the feellings of an electrifying sparks rushed through his whole body.He's been trying to figure out when did he felt this way but he just couldn't remember.

The class was fun,as usual.Taeyeon get out from the class only to see Baekhyun's back figure outside the centre.She smiled and approached him,not approach,more to went beside him and do nothing.She doesn't want to be the first one to greet him as she's shy.As if he knew,he greeted him.He turned towards her and said,

"Hello" while flashing a very cute smile.

Taeyeon replied, "Hi!" 

there was a long awkward silence after the awkward greetings... until Baekhyun broke the silence,"Be honest,you are the one who was checking me out the other day when I was playing piano,right?" He smirked.

"Wh-what..N-Yes.." Taeyeon replied while smiling awkwardly.Baekhyun just laughs.

"Why? Do I look great playing piano?"

"O-ooh no..I really liked the song you played,Kiss The Rain.It's my favourite.I even tried practicing it using my violin" Taeyeon replied while turning her back,revealing the violin's case towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun replied,"Ohh...Really?" as if he doesn't believe her.

"Yes." Taeyeon replied firmly.She adds, "But anyway,why are you so great at singing?How can you be so confidence when you're singing?" Taeyeon asked.

Baekhyun was quite taken aback by her sudden question. "Umm,if you want to know,you need to pay me." Baekhyun replied jokingly.

"Aish," Taeyeon glared jokingly at him. "but I seriously wanted to know."

"Why?"

"Oo-oh you know the summer camp our school is having? I at least need to prepare myself for that shouldn't I?"

"You're going to that camp?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah I guess.. " Taeyeon replied, unsure of her own feelings.

"I see." Baekhyun replied while grinning to himself.Taeyeon looked at him weirdly.Now what's wrong with him?

"Why are you like that?" Taeyeon asked,laughing at the sight of Baekhyun grinning to himself.

"Can I,get your number?" Baekhyun asked while looking at Taeyeon's face,straight in the eyes.

Taeyeon was suprised by the sudden statement.She felt her heart skipped a beat.She's probably blushing too.She smiled and said her number.Why does he wants my number? As she was into the conversation she's having with him,she felt her body being slightly pushed,she turned sideways only to see Seulgi staring at her.What? Taeyeon replied with her eyes.Seulgi then said that their mum arrived.Jeez,I wanted to talk to him more.Realizing the situation,Baekhyun bid goodbye to Taeyeon.Taeyeon also waves her hand to him.In the car,she can't stop smiling to herself while holding her phone.Why does he ask for my number seriously? I'm dying out of curiosity.Taeyeon was realy looking forward on why he was asking her number.

Taeyeon was already on her bed,staring at the ceiling.It's already 12 and she still doesn't receve a text message from anybody.Frustrated,she ruffled her hair and went to bed after having a drink.She decided to go to a cafe and read books as usual tomorrow.

Taeyeon wakes up upon hearing the sound of birds chirping and the sunrays that were landing on her body.She stretch herself and wake up.After washing up,she went downstairs and was greeted by Mrs.Kim.

"Taeyeon?Is that you?"

"Mmm." She replied.

"Woah you actually wake up by yourself huh? Although it's noon." Said Mrs.Kim figuring she doesn't have to wake Taeyeon up anymore since she will wakes up by herself when noon comes.

Taeyeon  just scoffed and eat her breakfast.

"I'm going to a cafe today,just for a while." Taeyeon said to her father who is reading newspaper on the dining table.

"Oh okay,want me to send you?" Mr.Kim asked.

"No,it's okay,I want to walk." Taeyeon replied,smiling.

Mr.Kim nodded his head,understanding.Taeyeon went upstairs and practise her violin for a little while until it's around 2 o'clock.She dress up.She decided to wear spectacles today because she's too lazy to put the lenses on.She brought her book and walked to the cafe.

"Ice americano,please." Taeyeon said to the cashier.As she was bowing her head to take out money from her purse,her very-loose spectacles fell to the ground.She was about to bent down her body to grab the spectacles until she saw a beautiful hand grasp the spectacles.She tilted her head upwards,only to see a familiar face.

"You?!" She asked while laughing.