10 ; First Day

Concealed Stares

 

 

Baekhyun's POV

It was a boring Saturday so I decided to stroll around around the area,enjoying the wonderful summer breeze, while riding my motorcycle, perfect. Maybe it's because it was scorching hot,it's summer anyway,my throat felt dry as if I've last drink water 10 months ago. I stopped by the nearest possible cafe I can find in my sight to get some drink. I walked in and go straight to the cashier,unpatient to tell my order until I saw a figure I was so familiar with that stopped me from walking. I stare at her, it's her, right? Here we go again,the same feelings,electryfing sparks.I walked towards her and as I was getting nearer,she dropped her spectacle.I smiled at the sight of her messily dropped her spectacles.I quickly bent my body and grabbed the spectacles before she does,she tilted her head upwards and saw me.We met eyes,and just from her eyes I can see she's smiling.I gave the spectacles to her and she said thanks.She didn't round her eyes this time,maybe it was all just too much of a coincidence we're not even suprised anymore. She was about to pay the cashier for her drink, but of course,being a gentleman I am,I paid it for her,sincerely. She just stood there like a lost puppy,staring at me. So cute. I chuckled. I walked towards a table I want to sit,I turned around saw her still staring at me blankly at the same spot. Gosh,stop being so cute will you? 

"Aren't you coming?" I asked while walking towards her back.

"Oo-oh.." She replied,stuttering.

She is so slow I can't stand it,so without me knowing again,my hand just grabbed her wrist and led the way to the table I want,at the end of the shop.I pulled the chair and finally,she sit on it on her own,without-me-making her. I sit in front of her,facing her beau-.... her face. I relaxed my body and lean on the chair,

"Woah,how do we meet so often Kim Taeyeon-sshi?" I said,in awe.

She stares at me,shyly,she replied, "I know right..But Baekhyun-sshi,is it okay?"

I raised my brow at her, "What ?" 

"You paid for the coffee." She replied while getting out money from her purse,probably wanted to pay me back.

"Hey,it's just a coffee.Relax,you can treat me next time." I said while stopping her from taking-her-money-out-her-purse.She looked at me,I smiled sweetly.After getting the coffee,we continued our conversation.

"I've been curious about something,.." She asked.

"What is it?" I replied while sipping my caramel machiato.

"Why did you ask for my number?" I can hear her voice slowly sinking at the end of the sentence,embarassed probably.

"Oh,the number." I just grinned unknowingly at her.

"Yah,aren't you going to tell me?" She pouted,causing both her eyebrows meet.

I let out a small chuckle and put on a stern face immediately. "YAH? How dare you use banmal/informalspeech with me?" 

I saw the smile that were plastered on her face suddenly fade away.She looked suprise.I was quite taken aback by the sudden change on her face. "Why why? I'm sorry,I'm just kidding." I said,worried.

Taeyeon looked at me again,she shook her head while smiling weakly, "No no..I suddenly remembered of something.Hehe sorry! I spaced out." 

I release a sigh of relief.That had me worried over nothing.She suddenly said,"But,why? we are the same age anyway." She pouted.

I chuckled and nodded my head in agreement, "Arasso chingu/friend.Let's just drop the honorifics."

She grinned. "I suddenly remembered I had some things to do,I'll go first okay? Just continue what you're doing." I smiled.

She smiled back and replied, "I got it.Annyeong." She waves her hand.

I make my way out of the cafe.Somehow,I'm just so happy.I finally felt like living.I jump slightly while throwing my fist in the air.I chuckled.Yeap,probably looked like a total idiot.I don't know where my cold personality went off to.It's not there when i'm with her.Weird..

 

Taeyeon continue to read her book after Baekhyun left.She kept smiling over the littlest thing.Just the same like Baekhyun.Baekhyun told Sehun about the coincidence meeting with her and Sehun literally can't believe what he just heard.

"Seriously Baekhyun?" He asked Baekhyun.

"Um.." Baekhyun replied while grinning to himself.

"This is absurd,where had your cold and arrogant personality went to?" Sehun asked,still can't stop staring at the sight of Baekhyun grinning to himself.

"I also don't know,don't ask me.By the way,you better come to the whatever camp our school is having."

"Why? You're going?" Sehun asked.

"Yeap,my mum." Baekhyun frowned.

"Arasso/I get it, I'll come." Sehun replied.

Baekhyun then went back home,happily as ever.He actually can't wait for the day to finally come.He practises his piano piece,he actually had something hidden under his sleeve for her.He practise his singing over and over,trying to get the right emotions to deliver it to the listener,he makes sure his singing is perfect,well although it's not perfect,he makes sure it's close to perfection.His hard works on singing definitely brings him where he is today,a respected singer in their school.One thing that bothers him most about the camp is,he is afraid things will go wild if his fangirls knew he was coming to that camp,they'll definitely follow him around and he hates that,that's similar as invading his privacy.That's why he find Taeyeon attractive, it's because Taeyeon knew him but she never does anything that bothers him.He smiled thinking of her.

While Baekhyun was grinning nonstop to himself,Taeyeon was in the cafe,continue what she was there for,reading books.While she was reading,something bother her.She stopped reading and put down the book.She cupped her face using her hand and rest her elbows on the table.

He is so different than what I dreamt of.He is kind,friendly and even treat me.Tsk tsk. She shook her head. Dreams are definitely the opposite of real life. She shrugged her shoulder and continue to read her books. and that's how her day went by,she went home after she is done reading and continue her daily routine. As they were watching television in the living room, Seulgi nudge her and said,

"Unnie." 

"What?" Taeyeon replied casually while shoving some snacks into .

"That camp,Kai is going." She said while smiling to herself idiotically.

"What?!" Taeyeon screamed making some of the snacks in burst out.She coughed while punching her chest lightly.

Seulgi avoid the snacks that were flying all over while screaming with a frown on her face. "Unnie! So disgusting." She said,slapping her sister's shoulder repeatedly.She hands her sister a bottle of mineral water.Taeyeon drinked it and she can finaly gulped down her food.

"Why is he coming? Isn't that for Sonel's students only?" Taeyeon asked,finally settling down her food down .

"Yes it is,but outsiders can join too." Seulgi explained.

"What? Really?"

Seulgi nodded her head in agreement.

"Now that just dropped my interest in going from 70 to 60 real quick.There will be so many unknowns and they're gonna judge me so hard." Taeyeon said seriously.

Seulgi heaved a long sigh.

"Look,nobody is going to pay attention to you.It's just the same as last year.Nobody's going to give a damn about you.About me,or about anybody.They're going there wih one purpose,same with us,it is to improve our vocals." Seulgi replied while holding Taeyeon's shoulder as she utters those words.Taeyeon was quite startled by Seulgi and quickly distance her head from Seulgi's as she's coming too near.What Seulgi said is right too.Nobody's going to give a damn about me.Yeah.Who cares about me.Taeyeon said in her thoughts with determination.Right now,it's up to 90%,her interest in going.

"Yeah..You're right." Taeyeon said while shoving Seulgi's hands away.She get up from the cushion and went to her room after drinking a glass of plain water.She was about to sleep until she heard a ringtone coming from her phone.She checked and it was a message from an unknown number.She slided it open without much thoughts.

Taeyeon? 

was what written on the phone.She thought it's probably her classmate or whoever that could be but not anyone in particular.So she replied 'yes' lazily and dozed off to her dreamland.

 

Taeyeon's POV

"Unnie! Wake up unnie." I heard someone said while waking me up.Gah it must be that kiddo.I hugged my pillow tighter and pull the blanket up to my head,isn't that enough proof showing I want to sleep more?Go away. 

"UNNIE!!" She screamed again.Ergh I just want to slap her.

"What?" I replied with my morning hoarse voice,still hugging my pillow.

"Unnie,wake up,we're going to be late." She said.

"um.... Late for what?" I said,uninterestingly.

"Unnie? Did you forget? It's the first day of the camp!!" She said,louder.

What.Ohmy god.I'm so dead. I quickly wake up from my bed with my absolute messy hair and tossed Seulgi away from the bed,wanting her to leave as I wanted to get ready.She understand and cleverly make her way out of my room.I quickly grabbed my towel and wash up.I put on a white blouse with a black skinny jeans.Put my lenses on and wear snapback because I'm too lazy to do my hair.I looked into the mirror and realized my hair had grown longer,I actually looked prettier & girl-ish this way..maybe? I smiled and rushed downstairs quickly. I saw Seulgi relaxly eating her breakfast,mum watching the television while dad reading the newspaper beside mum.

"What? Why are you guys so relaxed? Aren't I late?" I asked bluntly,stopping my pace while staring at them.

Mum and Seulgi let out a small chuckle.Mum replied, "We now you would sleep in so we had a plan,of course." Mum & Seulgi exhange glances with each other while grinning.Annoying by the sight,I frowned.I take a look at my watch and realized it's only 8:30 in the morning.We're still 30 minutes early.I rolled my eyes.I thought I'm an hour late.Jeez mum and Seulgi. I shook my head while walking towards the kitchen to have breakfast.

While in the car,I can't help but to feel ,,, slightly nervous about the camp,but i'm excited too.As we are arriving,I saw a bunch of girls,seems like it is circling something, I tried to take a glimpse of what that could be. "Tch,just the same like last year." Seulgi said,there's a hint of annoying-ness in her voice.

I look to her, "What is the same?"