Farewells

It wasn't supposed to be love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once the elevator dinged as it reached the destination floor, there were people waiting for their arrival and bowing 90 degree, Jimin stare in awe, wondering why suddenly the staffs were being so polite and respectful but little did she know, the girl standing next to her was the chairman’s only granddaughter and the apple to his eyes, just like she once was to their grandfather.  

 

“Unnie…” Jimin felt something tug at her arm and she turn to reality and was greet with a cheeky smile.  

 

“Chairman’s office is right there around the corner, I have something else to do.” 

 

“I never got your name…I am Jimin” Jimin call out before her savior got farther away “My name is Nayeon.” She flash a smile before walking away. As Jimin watch her sway elegantly away in awe.  

 

Jimin watch until she disappeared around the corner before she resuming to accomplish her mission for coming to the company today. She was a woman on a mission and she is fulfill it, her grandparents always told her to pay her gratitude forward and never owe anyone any favors.  

 

She made her way to the front desk and nervously smile to the receptionist sitting at the front desk,  

 

“Hi…. I’m here to meet Im Taecyeon… I don’t have an appointment but it is something really important and it needs to be settle today.” She breathe out all in one breath, afraid of receiving the same treatment from earlier as it was freshly imprinted in her mind. Never before had someone older laid a hand on her, all elders adored her.  

 

“Jimin… right? Miss Im said that you’re meeting with the chairman? You can go right ahead. He is already notified and is waiting for your arrival.” The receptionist smiled with a huge loving smile and pointed her toward the entrance of the office.  

 

Once she made it to the big wooden door with a plaque that read Im Taecyeon on the right side in gold. She realizes that she have been holding her breath for a while, her palms were sweating and she was losing the confidences she had earlier. She took one last deep breath and calm herself before she made a decision she can no longer take back, She knocked on the door and waiting for an answer.  

 

“Come in” the voice boom 

 

She pulled the door open and walked him, not fully trusting the strengths in her legs. They might just give up on her once she saw how big and fancy his office was. She bowed as soon as she saw his figure.  

 

 

“annyeonghaseyo” 

 

“Ahhhh Jimin-ssi, please sit down,” he motion to the black leather sofas in his offices. Jimin sat in the one opposite from him, which she regret immediately, he was studying her face, trying to detect any disaffections on the marriage. She forced herself to look down in silence… before she quietly whisper 

 

“The marriage…. I’ll marry your grandson…” she looked up and made eye contact with the elder male and repeat herself with confidence “I agree to marry your grandson, it was Hal-abeoji’s last wish.” 

 

The elder male was shocked by her answer, he honestly thought she was going to run away and refuse the marriage with all her might. She seem like a hard strong young lady who stand firmly in what she believed in but also have morals and respectful for her elders. She was bathe in love and affections that Jaebum lacked and he knows that she is the perfect wife for his grandson. 

 

“When will the wedding be….but…” the elder can sense the pain in her voice 

 

“I’ll handle everything, don’t think too much about it. The wedding will be held next month, the sooner the better. I’ll start preparing right now. Don’t you worry about anything, my dear? I promised your grandfather I would take care of you and I am keeping that promise.” 

 

He gave Jimin a reassuring fatherly smile before stating “I think it is about time you move in with us. You live alone and it isn’t good to have a young lady living all by herself… I’ll have someone set a room for you tonight.” He state excitedly causing Jimin to frown…  

 

“Thank you… but there are things I haven’t done yet…. I’ll come tomorrow morning if that is fine with you. There are a few thing I have to settle first.” She whisper 

 

“Yes… yes take your time to settle things this evening and tonight. Tomorrow morning I’ll have someone come pick you up.” He exclaim as he clasps his hands together in happiness 

 

“Neh…” she stands up and bow to him before gathering her purse and leaving.  

 

“So this is the famous girl, you’re making Oppa marry…? The reason why I have to fly in from Paris back for.” a voice ring as soon as Jimin left. The elder smile and held out this arms for the source of the voice to give him a hug. He planted a kiss on top of her head and nod.  

 

“Yes…. What are your impression of her…?” he said as he let go of the hug. The younger girl sigh and states 

 

“It is going to be a tough battle… Hal-abeoji….Oppa is not going to like this at all but I like her.” The younger smile sweetly. There is something about her that even makes me attracted to her, Oppa needs someone like her in his life… especially after Umma died, Appa sent him away to America and Hong Kong at the age off 8.  Hopefully. She’ll be capable to humanize him… and change him for the better.” She grab hold of her grandfather’s arm and smile sweetly “But with me here, everything should go smoothly. I’ll take care of the wedding and her needs, and you take care of the media.” she held out her palm earning a chuckle from the elder before he place a black plastic card in her hand and ruffle her hair before she walk out.  

 

There is no way she is letting her oppa marry that cheating and gold digging of girl he claimed as his girlfriend. That lying two face, she clearly saw her in Paris last night, another guy’s face who not her Oppa was off. She shudder in disgust and put all her bet on this girl she barely know. Hopefully her first impression is correct and her instinct is not going to steer her wrong now.  

 

~Back to the bar~ 

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung were catching up each other up with what the other were missing about the other’s personal life. Jinyoung was talking about the girl of his dream. Shortly after Jaebum was shipped against his will to another continent, the poor boy when through depression Jinyoung was often more soft spoken and more sensitive compare to others. . Jaebum was always the one protecting him away from bullies and he trusted the a few months older boy with his life. He was a role model he looked up to but once that was stripped away from him. He felt so lost and alone. Jaebum gave him that stability t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter