Flashbacks

It wasn't supposed to be love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was sitting down on the edge of the pool with her feet dangling in the water. She tried to forget what happened 2 weeks ago but she couldn’t… she recalled the way Jaebum tried his hardest not to make a sound as he cried on her shoulder. How his breath hitched and shallowed before he pulled away and left her standing in the kitchen. His cold demeanor returned and completely ignored her… and he still is. It was like what happened didn’t but the pain on her face reminded her that it did in fact happen. Nayeon also became closed off and Jimin haven’t run into their parents after the incident.

“Unnie!” She heard a voice shout beside her before the owner of the voice settle down next to her. Splashing her feet in the water and giggling out loud. She laid her head onto Jimin’s shoulder and sigh.

Jimin reached out her hand and patted the younger girl on the head. She can’t help but wonder how much pain this young girl went through during her childhood and just how much she is hiding and keeping to herself. If her way of coping is pretending to be happy and being carefree then she is worried about how Jaebum’s way of coping is like.

“You know, I don’t remember much about my mother… there are times when I hated myself because I couldn’t recall how she looked like. I was only 5 years old when she passed away, people told me she left…. But I knew better, Umma would never leave Oppa and I behind. It was only 3 days after they told me Umma left, that’s when Appa brought that woman in and said she will be our mother. We always knew her as our auntie, she was Umma’s best friend. That much I remember.” Her voice cracks but she continues with the story.

“I remember visiting Oppa at the hospital, they said he was in a car accident but there were only minor scratches. Oppa was staring into empty space, he wouldn’t talk to anyone even me. I heard the elders talked, when he first woke up he was asking about our Umma, crying for her but after a while the tears dried up. She wasn’t coming, instead our auntie came and claimed to be our mother instead. Umma wasn’t even properly buried yet and we already have a replacement for her, along with the agreement to send Oppa oversea. Within a matter of 1 week, I lost both my pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter